Vung Tau hotels
Vung Tau, Vietnam
Located in southern Vietnam and serving as the capital of Ba Ria-Vung Tau province, Vung Tau is the crude oil extraction centre of the country. Visitors to this tourist hotspot enjoy visiting the “Big Mountain” for a chance to see some gorgeous landscapes and plant life. The giant statue of Jesus with his arms outstretched is another popular tourist attraction.
Vung Tau Attractions
- Đình Thần Thắng Tam (Thắng Tam Temple)
- Đài Liệt Sĩ (Martyr's Memorial) in Vung Tau
- Bạch Dinh (Villa Blanche)
Vung Tau Activities
- Take the family swimming at Bãi Sau (Back Beach)
- Climb to the top of Vung Tau Lighthouse, located on Small Mountain, for panoramic views of the city
- Visit Niết Bàn Tịnh Xá and Thích Ca Phật Đài, the most popular pagodas and temples in Vung Tau
Vung Tau Climate
Vung Tau has a dry season (November to April) and a wet season (May to October). There is minimal distinction between seasonal temperatures, averaging 26°C (79°F) annually.
Getting There & Around
Situated approximately 130 km (81 miles) from Ho Chi Minh City, Vung Tau is easily accessible from national highways 56, 55 and 51. There are a few express buses travelling along these routes for those without their own vehicles. Tourists can also reach the city via hydrofoil along the Saigon River.
One can get around the city via taxi, motorbike or on foot. In the event that one loses one’s bearings, the locals are always willing to give directions.
2 hotels in Vung Tau, VN
An epitome of luxury holiday destination near the beach, The Imperial Hotel Vung Tau is an ideal choice for discerning travellers in this coastal city of Vietnam. Visitors at this boutique hotel in... More