Phan Thiet hotels
Fascinating Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet used to be a bit like a one-night stand – beer-goggle beautiful until the next day, when you realised it smelled a bit funny and it was time you parted ways. Times have now changed, though, and although the smell is still there (you can’t produce 16 million litres of fish sauce a year and expect to be completely odour free), Vietnam’s Phan Thiet has morphed into a bustling holiday destination that you’ll want to spend more than just one night with.
The fishing harbour near Phan Thiet River is crammed with boats just begging to be photographed, and you don’t need to be wearing beer goggles to be mesmerised by the beauty of its beachfront. And check out the Phan Thiet Market or one of the many restaurants lining Mui Ne Beach. That not-so-secret ingredient may smell funny, but it tastes delicious.
Phan Thiet’s Top 10
10. Ho Chi Minh Museum An interesting look at the interesting life of Ho Chi Minh.
5. Can Chan Fish Market A great place to practise the underrated art of mouth breathing.
9. Phan Thiet Market Eat your way through an abundance of local cuisine and produce.
4. Poshanu The undisputed king of harbour and city views.
8. Cham Temple Pay your respects at the city’s most revered temple.
3. Van Thuy Tu (Whale Museum) Features a 22m whale skeleton – you literally can’t miss it.
7. Tran Hung Dao Traversing this bridge gives great views of the water and the local fishermen.
2. Ocean Dunes Golf Club Popular even with non-golfers – the view is incredible.
6. Victory Monument This arrow-shaped concrete tower is the pride of the people.
1. Mui Ne Cape One of the most beautiful and unspoiled stretches of coastline in the world.
Phan Thiet History
- Relic of Duc Thanh School - Built in 1907, it is now a cultural and historical relic.
- Landing Zone Betty - The US military base site in Phan Thiet during the Vietnam War.
- Camp Po Thit - The Vietnamese locals mispronounce the name of the camp as Phan Thiết.
- Taku - It takes some mountain climbing to reach the famous lying Buddha.
- Ke Ga Light - A French architect built this 65m-high lighthouse in 1897.
Phan Thiet Art & Culture
- Phan Thiet Water Tower – A symbol of Phan Thiet and the most important landmark in Binh Thuan Province.
- Lap Dong Art Gallery - A coastal art venue for both foreign and local artists and art lovers.
- Nghinh Ong Quan Thanh Festival - Celebrated every August to September, when locals usually practice Buddhist and whale-worshipping ceremonies.
- Poshanu Cham Tower - During late 8th century on Ong Hoang Hill, this was the site where they worshipped God Shiva.
- Ho Chi Minh Museum - This is where the art and culture of the local people are displayed.
Phan Thiet Shopping
- Mui Ne Village Market - Find pearls in black, pink and white almost everywhere along the streets of Mui Ne Village.
- Small Super Market - All local specialties of the province can be purchased here at reasonable prices.
- Fashion Tailor Lan Lâp: First Class Shirts – Choose the fabric and style for a tailored shirt in one day.
- Co-op Mart - Coconut candies, sand paintings, dried seafood and the famous dragon fruit.
- Forester Shop - This is the perfect Phan Thiet stop for crocodile leather, Cham ceramics and other local souvenirs.
Gay & Lesbian Phan Thiet
- Paris-Mui Ne Plage - Located in the heart of Mui Ne district is an eight-bedroom, gay-owned accommodation with seaside view.
- Pandanus Resort - A gay- and lesbian-friendly Phan Thiet destination along the beach.
- Thao Ha Mui Ne Hotel - Famous gay- and lesbian-friendly accommodation on the pristine beaches.
- Hot Rock - Definitely one of the best clubs with cocktails that pump up the party all night.
- Pogo Bar – It is a nice place to chill, with a fire pit where they can make a bonfire.
Phan Thiet Outdoor
- Ocean Dunes Golf Club - It is a topnotch, 18-hole course near the beachfront at the Novotel.
- Mũi Né Beach District - It is an amazing white-sand beach with crystal-clear water.
- Red Sand Dunes - These sand dunes are a block away from the hotels and resorts in Mui Ne.
- Lotus Lake - Located on the white-sand dunes, it is a combination of three lakes and some small ponds.
- Fairy Stream – Near Phan Thiet, this is an exceptional and popular site located in the village of Mui Ne.
Phan Thiet Sport
- Swim in the wonderful beaches of Victoria Beaches.
- Play golf at the Ocean Dunes Golf Club.
- Try windsurfing near Phan Thiet at the Mui Ne shores.
- Experience water parachuting at Coco Beach. Strong winds, so safety first.
- Grab a bicycle and go cycling along the main Mui Ne road.
Phan Thiet Events
January starts with New Year’s Day and Tet.Both are celebrated with lights and fireworks, and restaurants dish out the goods all night long.
Binh Thuan International Dragon Boat Racing Festival is held at the end of April on the Ca Ty River. Show your support from the riverbank.
Ho Chi Minh’s Birthday falls in May, and the public holiday is as good an excuse to party as any.
August sees the Traditional Culture Festival of Fisherman’s Associations, featuring traditional rites and customs of fishermen.
Binh Thuan Tourism Festival comes to town in October. Lanterns and airships are released into the night sky to the soundtrack of traditional music performances.
When To Go
- As can be expected, the weather is nice and warm year round, with average temperatures hovering between 25ºC (77ºF) and 35ºC (95ºF).
- The wet season lasts from May to November. June and August are the wettest months, with brief, heavy downpours generally in the afternoons.
- February and May see the hottest temperatures and highest humidity.
- If you have a car or want to hire one, there are some nice drives around this area.
- Motorcyclesare the most popular (and most fun) way to travel. They are available for hire pretty much everywhere.
- A number of lean-tos along Mui Ne Beach also have bikesfor rent.
Victoria Phan Thiet Beach Resort & Spa offers a relaxing atmosphere and exceptional facilities to make your trip, one to remember. Both, Phan Thiet and the adjoining Mui Ne beach are ideal spots to... More
The Cliff Resort & Residences offers a host of luxurious accommodations set on an idyllic complex overlooking the waters of Phan Thiet. Aside from enjoying water recreations nearby and taking in... More
first time in vietnam
Located in Mui Ne, a destination that promotes fun and activities for the whole family, the Blue Ocean Resort Phan Thiet is a perfect get-away for couples and families with a wide variety of day... More
Located by the Muine beach 210 km north of Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon Mui Ne Resort combines natural charm and modern facilities. This is the perfect place for travellers to escape a noisy life and... More
Romana Resort & Spa which was opened in 2007 is backed by Vinacapital, one of the leading foreign real estate developers in Vietnam. The 4 ha site will comprise a luxury resort, high-end room... More
Holidaymakers looking to take a break from the busy metropolis book a stay at the idyllic accommodations of Pandanus Resort set in a 10-hectare lush garden. This Phan Thiet resort offers tasteful... More
Excellent location, ok location
The Full Moon Village is a hidden retreat located away from touristic bustle on a long strip of untouched sandy beach only 20 km away from Mui Ne. Inspired by traditional Northern Vietnamese... More
12A Nguyen Dinh Chieu Map
Stay 2 Nights & Save 30%
Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa (known as L'anmien Beach Resort) is a serene beachfront haven offering luxurious accommodations and state-of-the-art facilities in this part of Binh Thuan Province. A... More