Nha Trang hotels
Narcissistic Nha Trang
Bustling with commerce, complexes and party boys and girls, Nha Trang is the Vietnamese city where enormously popular tourist resorts make strange bedfellows with organic beauty – tainted only by the gaudy eyesore of the Hollywood Hills-style Vinpearl Complex sign.
Underneath this eyesore lies scenery that makes it easy to see why Nha Trang has gained a reputation as Vietnam’s most famous beach town. Nah Trang is also an unequivocal party place, with raucous bars The Red Apple and The Louisiane Brewhouse drawing the bronzed bodies in from its pristine beaches. But evidence of culture isn’t too hard to track down – just plot Khanh Hoa Museum into your GPS. Alternatively, simply set down your deckchair, grab a cocktail and get on with chilling. Just make sure you’re facing away from Vinpearl…
Nha Trang’s Top 10
10. Hon Mieu Island A local and tourist favourite known for its three-storey aquarium.
5. Vinpearl Golf Club Situated on picturesque Nha Trang Bay, this championship golf club melds into the natural scenery.
9. Nui Hon Chong This ancient rock formation is ripe for exploring, shell collecting and rock fishing.
4. Thap Ba Hot Springs A totally organic day spa located on the banks of Nha Trang River.
8. Nha Trang Cathedral Famous for its kitschy signage, which includes a red neon crucifix and white neon halos.
3. Vinpearl Land This amusement park/island resort has roller coasters, water slides, an aquarium and an endless array of distractions.
7. Nha Tho Nui The cathedral is the centre of the Nha Trang diocese, with a contrast between European and native architecture.
2. Po Nagar Towers Dedicated to the goddess of the country, this Cham temple tower complex dates back over 1,300 years.
6. Nui Hon Chong From this vantage point you can see all the way up the mountainous coastline and out over several islands.
1. Long Son Pagoda This island emblem encircles a 14m (46ft) tall white marble Buddha and is intricately decorated with fierce dragons.
Nha Trang History
- Po Nagar – These ancient Nha Trang towers were built sometime between the 7thand 12th centuries.
- Long Son Pagoda – This 18th-century pagoda contains relics that tell the history of Nha Trang.
- Hai Duc Temple – This early 19th-century temple holds very important historical documents involving Buddhism in Nha Trang.
- Bao Dai Villas – These Nha Trang villas were built in the 1920s.
- Nha Trang Cathedral – This cathedral was built in Nha Trang in the 1920s.
Nha Trang Art & Culture
- Alexandre Yersin Museum – The former office of the French doctor has been turned into a museum.
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam – This aquarium houses some of the most unique fish species found in Nha Trang.
- Tri Nguyen Tourist Complex – Just a short boat ride from Nha Trang, this attraction features a beach as well as an aquarium.
- Pasteur Institute – This institute has been dedicated to the study of micro-organisms and disease for over 100 years.
- Gautama Buddha – Located inside the Long Son Pagoda, this famous Nha Trang attraction is one of the most popular.
Nha Trang Shopping
- Ahn Tai Wood Carvings – Watch these Nha Trang artists carve their beautiful woodwork and take some home with you.
- Bambou – With multiple locations, this T-shirt shop is popular with tourists.
- Forty Thieves Clothing – This unique Nha Trang shop sells one-of-a-kind gear.
- Nha Trang Market – This is the best place to buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Obi Gift Shop – This small shop specializes in local handmade products and souvenirs.
Gay & Lesbian Nha Trang
- Diamond Bay Resort – This gay-friendly resort is close the beach and offers all the modern amenities.
- Ha Van Hotel – This cool Nha Trang hotel caters to the gay and lesbian traveler.
- Wildbeach Resort and Spa – A scenic place for a relaxing day at the spa or an overnight stay.
- Evason Ana Mandara – This centrally located hotel is a favorite among gay and lesbian travelers.
- El Coyote – This gay-friendly Mexican restaurant/bar has a fun drag show every weekend.
Nha Trang Outdoor
- Hon Tre – Just a short boat ride away from Nha Trang, this island provides beautiful scenery and tranquility.
- Yan Bay Waterfalls – These waterfalls are the source of the Cai River and make a perfect day trip.
- Ba Ho Stream – This is a great place to trek or just take in the beautiful rock formations.
- Nha Phu Lagoon – This lovely lagoon is a great place near Nha Trang for a swim.
- Thap Ba Hot Springs – Relax the day away near Nha Trang in this natural hot water.
Nha Trang Sport
- Boat and kayak on Cai River.
- Run and swim with the monkeys on Monkey Island.
- Parasail around the island, starting at Nha Trang Beach.
- Swim beneath the sea with Octopus Diving.
- Learn how to scuba with the masters at Rainbow Diving.
Nha Trand Events
February’s Tet Festival celebrates the traditional Vietnamese New Year, giving locals a three-day holiday that they spend entirely at the beach. Sounds like a plan.
Each April the locals gather for the Whale Festival to watch the whales migrate past Nha Trang Beach, and share local stories and myths about these creatures.
Vietnamese opera and folk dancing mark the coming of Po Nagar Festival, when locals pay tribute to the Holy Mother in April.
In line with a traditional Chinese custom, the Mid-Autumn Festival in September celebrates the arrival of the autumn moon with moon-cake feats and plenty of parades.
One of the most popular festivities on the Nha Trang calendar is the Che Ngo Festival, a day of fireworks, boat racing and street parades celebrating the traditional New Year in November.
When To Go
The wet season in Nha Trang is not as bad a time to visit as it can be elsewhere in Vietnam, with the city escaping the worst of the monsoonal winds.
March and April are the most popular months to visit, as it’s dry and not too hot.
June avoids the high-season tourist traffic and the daunting weather that marks the latter half of the year.
Nha Trang has a very reliable bus service that will take you to most large tourist attractions.
Taxis are a budget-friendly option, as the area is quite compact.
Bicycles are a good way to explore since the air is warm and the land is flat.
14 hotels in Nha Trang, VN
Set enviably close to the airport, beautiful Nha Trang Beach and other local attractions, BEST WESTERN PREMIER Havana Nha Trang creates an ideal beachfront retreat in this Vietnam coastal city. A... More
Michelia Hotel Nha Trang is an opulent holiday getaway offering cosy accommodations and impeccable services. Vacationers can shop at the nearby Chan Viet Centre and Trung tam Thuong mai Maximark in... More
With Vietnamese-style accommodations set amid tropical gardens, Evason Ana Mandara Resort Nha Trang is a luxury beachfront sanctuary ideal for travellers on a Nha Thrang getaway. From this... More
Whether travelling for business or pleasure, Novotel Hotel Nha Trang provides quality accommodation with warm and professional service to ensure guests' stay for a longer stay. Nha Trang Museum, Po... More
Combining the mystical culture and excellent hospitality, the Sunrise Nhatrang Beach Hotel & Spa is a perfect place to luxuriously explore and experience the way of life in the pristine settings of... More
Vinpearl Resort & Spa Nha Trang delivers deluxe amenities and friendly service to travellers while exploring the area. This picturesque resort is a few minutes from the Vin Pearl Beach and several... More
Offering well-appointed spaces set along the shores of Turtle Bay, Amiana Resort makes for an ideal seaside retreat for holidaymakers exploring Nha Trang. Guests at this Vietnam hotel ride gondolas... More
Splurge on a beachfront tropical retreat perched on impressive rock formations at the Vietnamese bay by booking a stay at the Six Senses Ninh Van Bay Nha Trang Resort. This luxury resort in Nha... More
Featuring lavish facilities and elegant accommodations set with convenient access to the beach, Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa makes for an ideal retreat in Nha Trang. This centrally located luxury... More