Hoi An hotels
Hoi An Rundown
Instant credibility comes with a UNESCO World Heritage inscription like the one Hoi An got in 1999. “Hoi An Ancient Town” was already a magnet for intrepid tourists in Quang Nam Province, Vietnam but a tip of the hat from the international body is as good as endorsements get in the travel world. Couple the honour with the nascent rise of tourism in Vietnam and Hoi An is now one of the most popular targets in all of Southeast Asia.
The charm is everywhere you look. Fine merchant homes that evince a once-incomparable status as a prime nexus of trade between Imperial Vietnam and China dot the small city, with pagodas, temples and countless other hallmarks of heritage infrastructure thrown in for good measure. The result is a place that is entirely without peer in Vietnam.
In a not atypical twist of irony, the understandable attention that has come with the UNESCO stamp has had pernicious effects on old Hoi An. The ancient town still holds World Heritage distinction for now, however, and landmarks like Chuc Thanh Pagoda, Quan Cong Temple and Diep Dong Nguyen House still make indelible impressions.
Hoi An’s Top 10
10. Diep Dong Nguyen House is a remarkable 19th century Chinese merchant abode.
5. Chuc Thanh Pagoda is the oldest Buddhist shrine in Hoi An.
9. Museum of Sa Huynh Culture and the Revolution is two museums in one and a foremost education on Hoi An.
4. Chinese Assembly Halls in Hoi An cover significant architectural ground.
8. Museum of Folklore unfurls exhibits galore on regional craftsmanship.
3. Phung Hung Old House is a gorgeous landmark in an equally scenic part of Hoi An.
7. Quan Thang House combines Chinese and Japanese aesthetics and dates back to the 18th century.
2. Quan Cong Temple is an elegant late 17th century estate.
6. Phac Hat Pagoda contains superlative murals and ceramic art.
1. Museum of History and Culture has a trove of priceless ceramics and stands as one of the best museums in the country.
Hoi An History
- Traditional Theatre - One of the best places to learn the history of traditional dancing.
- Japanese Covered Bridge - This landmark was built in the 16th century.
- Old House of Tan Ky - More than 200 years old and has some of the best antiques.
- Fukian Assembly Hall - Built by Chinese merchants in the 17th century.
- Kim Bong Carpentry Village - The ancestors of this village built much of the old town.
Hoi An Art & Culture
- Tran Family Home and Chapel - This landmark acts as a shrine to the Tran family.
- Old House of Phun Hung - This Hoi An home uses the yin-yang style of architecture.
- Quang Trieu Assembly Hall - Built by Cantonese merchants using Southeast Asian architecture.
- Thanh Ha Pottery Village - Established in the 16th century, the supplier of much of Vietnam’s earthenware.
- Ba Le Well - This cultural site is found in the garden home of Ba Lo Le.
Hoi An Shopping
- Ngoc Anh - This small shop is a great place to uncover unique items.
- Phuong Mai - One of the best places to find traditional Vietnamese lanterns.
- Ngan Xua - If you are looking for lacquered paintings while in Hoi An, this is the place.
- Heritage Boutique - One of the best places to get a tailored suit or to buy a bag.
- Lifestart Foundation Workshop - A great place to find local handicrafts.
Gay & Lesbian Hoi An
- Rainbow Tourism - This travel company can take care of all of your travel arrangements.
- Son Hoi An Restaurant - This gay-owned restaurant offers waterfront seating and jazz music.
- Chic Couture - This gay-friendly tailor offers some of the best fashion in all of Hoi An.
- Sung Antique Shop - This gay-owned shop has a unique collection of antiques.
- An Phu Hotel - This hotel caters to the gay and lesbian crowd.
Hoi An Outdoor
- Cu Dai Beach - A great place to catch some sun in Hoi An or to try out surfing.
- Cham Islands - Off the coast of Hoi An, these islands are very popular with hikers.
- Cam Kim - Just a short ferry ride from Hoi An, this makes for a great day trip.
- Morning Glory Cooking School - This outdoor cooking school provides lessons for those just starting.
- Legendary Nights - An outdoor festival in which the streets are lit up and cars are banned.
Hoi An Sport
- Hoi An Beach Resort - This beach resort in Hoi An can arrange all types of water sport activities.
- Victoria Hoi An Resort - For jet skiing or diving, this resort is a great place to book your trip.
- Cu Lao Cham - This island is a paradise for swimming and water sports.
- Cua Dai Beach - A favorite among bicyclists in Hoi An.
- Culture Folk Games - This is a great way to see the traditional games played in Hoi An.
Hoi An Events
Cua Dai Beach is a major leisure and recreation spot in Hoi An.
Handicraft workshops and markets display endemic culture and sell first-rate souvenirs.
Cook and eat like a local at formal and pop-up culinary schools.
Cu Lao Cham Marine Park is a UNESCO Biosphere.
Mid-Autumn Festival, or Moon Festival, is a major public holiday in Vietnam.
Hoi An Full Moon Night, or Legendary Night Festival, is a fun time to be in the ancient town.
When To Go
Hoi An has a tropical climate, with humid weather and temperatures between 68°F (20°C) and 91.5°F (33°C) for the year.
The months of September, October, November and December typically feature precipitation levels of 10 in (250 mm) and up. October alone receives almost 30% of the city’s average annual rainfall.
The apex of the tourist season encompasses June, July and August. Prospective visitors with some holiday flexibility may enjoy the relative quiet of March and April, when comparatively low temperatures and rainfall make Hoi An a little more enjoyable.
The city of Da Nang is the principal gateway to Hoi An, via Da Nang International Airport or Da Nang Railway Station. Hoi An is a 30 km drive from Da Nang.
To arrive in Hoi An in style, book passage on a ghe nang sail boat and retrace the river trade routes of the ancient Chan Kingdom.
The old city is easy to explore on foot and bicycles will serve most well for proximate trips to the beach. Other popular modes of transport include boat charters and motorbike taxis.
24 hotels in Hoi An, VN
The Vinh Hung Riverside Resort Hoi An is set in a unique location with natural view of the Thu Bon River where guests can enjoy the old Vietnamese traditions with well equipped rooms and services. ... More
Nestled on the pristine shore of Cua Dai Beach amidst natural attractions and recreation sites, Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort makes for a convenient starting point for vacationers exploring Hoi An.... More
Offering Vietnamese style accommodation units and quality services, Golden Sand Resort and Spa Hoi An would be a good choice for guests planning a holiday or a business trip to the city of Hoi An. ... More
Seamlessly fusing old-world architecture and traditional Vietnamese hospitality with top-notch facilities, Boutique Hoi An Resort makes for an elegant and relaxing base in Hoi An. Aside from... More
Muca Hoi An Boutique Resort is an ideal choice for an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime romantic getaway.This enchanting resort is ideally located alongside the romantic and tranquil Thu Bon River... More
Whether visiting Hoi An for a business trip or a holiday, Hoi An Hotel offers friendly atmosphere, quality accommodation and a convenient location to access the city attractions. GeneralHoi An... More
Hoi An Glory Hotel & Spa invites travellers to an elegant haven that fuses ancient Vietnamese house style and modern comforts in the UNESCO World Heritage Site-listed Hoi An. Aside from having... More
Whether it is a short vacation or a longer stay in the World Heritage listed Hoi An, Hoi An Trails Resort & Spa offers natural environment, convenient facilities with quality accommodation. ... More
The Nam Hai Hotel Hoi An invites corporate and leisure travellers to well-furnished accommodations with and elegant events spaces located along the lovely shores of Hoi An. This luxury hotel offers... More