Tanna Island, Vanuata
Located in the island nation of Vanuatu in the South Pacific, Tanna Island has a fascinating history and culture to explore (Please note that because native customs are highly respected, all travelling must be done with local guides.). Mt Yasur, the island’s major attraction, is the world's most accessible active volcano. From adventure to relaxation, tourists find their holiday on Tanna Island to be an exciting one.
Tanna Island Attractions
- Sulphur Bay (on the eastern side of Tanna Island)
- Port Resolution Hot Springs
- John Frum Cargo Cult Village
Tanna Island Activities
- Watch the Toka Festival on Tanna Island, a symbol of alliance among tribal groups in which participants attempt to out-do one another with lavish gifts, dancing skills and ornate makeup
- Photograph the White Grass Plains wild horses
- Explore Epi Island, with beautiful white-sand coves, many white- and some black-sand beaches and inshore reefs
Tanna Island Climate
The best time of year to visit Tanna Island is April through October, when temperatures range from 64°F to 82°F (18°C to 28°C). The weather is warm and wet November through March, and temperatures can reach 93°F (34°C).
Getting There & Around
There are daily flights to Tanna Island from White Grass Airport. There is no local transit service on the island, but there are occasional taxis.
Most travelling to the island use a tour service that arranges transportation, although there are privately owned minibuses that run routes through the municipal areas.
3 hotels in Tanna, VU
Overlooking the South Pacific Ocean, White Grass Ocean Resort Tanna provides comfortable accommodation and professional services for a peaceful vacation. Some of the famous landmarks, which... More
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, Friendly Bungalows Tanna is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Vanuatu. Tanna is best known as the home to one of Vanuatu's... More