University District hotels
The University District is a collection of neighbourhoods in Seattle, WA that are named for their close proximity to the University of Washington. Once an area of vast farmland, the area quickly began to change after the arrival of the University of Washington occurred just two years after the district was annexed to the city. The large population of students turned the different neighbourhoods of the University District into miniature versions of American urban areas with a bohemian feel. Restaurants and bars tend to cater to students and there are plenty of great places to see live music.
- Come to Seattle, WA in May for the annual University District Street Fair, when the neighbourhoods come alive with colourful parades, street food and plenty of adult beverages.
- Visit the University District Farmer’s Market, the first and biggest in all of Seattle, WA to buy amazing fresh produce and products that are all made by local farmers.
- Have a pint in the historic Blue Moon Tavern, an iconic, counterculture hangout since the 1930’s whose regulars have included writers like Tom Robbins, Theodore Roethke and Allen Ginsberg to name a few.
Seattle, WA has great public transportation that makes it easy to get to the University District. The best way to get there from downtown is to take Metro Transit bus routes 71, 72, 73, or 74 that all go between downtown and the University District. If you are driving a car you should take the I-5 and get off at one of the 45th -50th street exits. If you are going to drive be warned that parking can be hard to find and if you plan to park on the campus of the university it is very expensive.
Hotel Deca, A Noble House Hotel is a stylish Art Deco haven offering boutique accommodations set four miles to the shopping hubs and galleries in downtown Seattle. While on holiday, tourists watch... More
Cheap and noisy
4242 Roosevelt Way NE Map
Meeting the highest expectations of seasoned travellers, the Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality offers an ideal location for business and leisure patrons. GeneralWatertown Hotel -... More
Best night sleep, great location
Assuring comfortable accommodation and quality service, Travelodge offers an welcoming atmosphere and the most gracious hospitality to its guests. GeneralThis unique lodge boasts a sparkling... More
Providing fine accommodation and friendly service, Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - University is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. This property is five-minute stroll of the... More
Perfect for our needs on this trip.
The University Inn offers 102 comfortable, smoke-free rooms, with king or queen beds, free breakfast bar with fresh waffles, complimentary wireless Internet access, and extra amenities you just... More
Whether on short or long trips, travellers in Seattle can book a stay in Residence Inn Seattle University District, offering spacious self-catering units and modern facilities. From this... More
Refine your search
- Burke Museum of Natural History hotels
- Henry Art Gallery hotels
- Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion hotels
- Husky Stadium hotels
- Museum of History and Industry hotels
- Gasworks Park hotels
- Bruce Lee Grave Site hotels
- Washington Park Arboretum hotels
- Woodland Park Zoo hotels
- Seattle Asian Art Museum hotels
- Experience Music Project hotels
- Key Arena hotels