University District hotels
The University District is a collection of neighbourhoods in Seattle, WA that are named for their close proximity to the University of Washington. Once an area of vast farmland, the area quickly began to change after the arrival of the University of Washington occurred just two years after the district was annexed to the city. The large population of students turned the different neighbourhoods of the University District into miniature versions of American urban areas with a bohemian feel. Restaurants and bars tend to cater to students and there are plenty of great places to see live music.
- Come to Seattle, WA in May for the annual University District Street Fair, when the neighbourhoods come alive with colourful parades, street food and plenty of adult beverages.
- Visit the University District Farmer’s Market, the first and biggest in all of Seattle, WA to buy amazing fresh produce and products that are all made by local farmers.
- Have a pint in the historic Blue Moon Tavern, an iconic, counterculture hangout since the 1930’s whose regulars have included writers like Tom Robbins, Theodore Roethke and Allen Ginsberg to name a few.
Seattle, WA has great public transportation that makes it easy to get to the University District. The best way to get there from downtown is to take Metro Transit bus routes 71, 72, 73, or 74 that all go between downtown and the University District. If you are driving a car you should take the I-5 and get off at one of the 45th -50th street exits. If you are going to drive be warned that parking can be hard to find and if you plan to park on the campus of the university it is very expensive.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
7 hotels in University District
Providing fine accommodation and friendly service, Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - University is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. This property is five-minute stroll of the... More
Hotel Deca, A Noble House Hotel is a stylish Art Deco haven offering boutique accommodations set four miles to the shopping hubs and galleries in downtown Seattle. While on holiday, tourists watch... More
4242 Roosevelt Way NE Map
Meeting the highest expectations of seasoned travellers, the Watertown Hotel - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality offers an ideal location for business and leisure patrons. GeneralWatertown Hotel -... More
Talaris Conference Center Hotel Seattle is offers comfortable accommodations in a picturesque location. Guests can easily check out the art exhibits in the nearby Henry Art Gallery, learn about... More
The University Inn offers 102 comfortable, smoke-free rooms, with king or queen beds, free breakfast bar with fresh waffles, complimentary wireless Internet access, and extra amenities you just... More
Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott® Seattle/University District. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks or a few months, your daily routine matters. You'll thrive... More