Pacific Science Center hotels
Pacific Science Center
The best kept secret on the West Coast is Pacific Science Center, in Seattle, Washington. This exciting destination will soon celebrate 50 years of science presentations. Millions came to the Seattle World’s Fair in 1962 to visit this building and admire its design by architect Minoru Yamasaki, a native of Seattle. Although a World’s Fair is generally noisy and active, this space was a calm and quiet sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of people visiting the fairgrounds. The building is replete with gothic arches, sandstone walls, and water fountains with floral plantings. Interior embellishments came courtesy of Yamasaki.
- Seattle's Pacific Science Center's rotating exhibits include “Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs,” which remains on exhibition until 6 January, 2013.
- Experience two IMAX theatres: Boeing climbs six stories and the PACCAR is just over three stories high – yet PACCAR is as wide as Boeing is high. Attendance at viewings produces a theatre event unlike any other and supports scientific education in Seattle and Washington State.
- Educational programmes include school field trips, teacher education, workshops, and summer camps, ecological walks, outreach programmes, and elementary astronomy presentations.
This City of Seattle's landmark Pacific Science Center is convenient and accessible. A great parking garage is on the corner of 2nd Avenue North and Denny Way featuring an easily-accessed, direct walkway to the grand entrance. Public transportation by Seattle Central Monorail takes 90 seconds from downtown Seattle. Convenient and affordable metro buses stop at the Pacific Science Center entrance. Whenever visitors choose to go and however they get to this unique, one-of-a-kind attraction, award-winning projects and spectacular programmes await their arrival. Don't miss out on this museum like no other in the world.
- Las Vegas hotels (171 hotels)
- New York hotels (316 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (160 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
185 hotels near Pacific Science Center
Centrally located in the heart of the hip Belltown neighborhood, Belltown Inn features NEW fully furnished studios with kitchenettes. This downtown location offers affordable nightly, weekly and... More
Whether in Seattle, Washington for business or leisure, travellers find ideal base in the tasteful accommodations and downtown location of Roosevelt Hotel Seattle. This sophisticated hotel offers... More
Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, Hyatt At Olive 8 with its exceptional staff are prepared to meet your unique needs and ensure you enjoy a relaxing escape to Seattle for a truly... More
Whether in Seattle for business or for leisure, travellers find a convenient base in the ideally located accommodations of The Westin Seattle. After joining events at Washington State Convention... More
Boasting picturesque views of Olympic Mountains and Elliot Bay, The Edgewater A Noble House Hotel makes for a suitable retreat for travellers looking for tranquil accommodations yet with easy... More
Nestled in downtown Seattle, the Hotel Max has the glamour and the gleam to keep your mind fixated on the most artistic Seattle hotel. GeneralThis hotel provides you with a conference table that... More
With central location, comfortable accommodations and hip, stylish and vibrant design, Hotel FIVE - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality makes for an ideal base for travellers visiting lively Seattle,... More
Seattle's newest Hotel is one block west of The Key Arena and The Space Needle, located in the Vibrant Queen Anne Neighborhood. All Guest Rooms are furnished Studio Apartments with... More