Virginia Beach hotels
Virginia Beach Rundown
Located in southeastern Virginia, Virginia Beach is a resort city that offers visitors the classic beach vacation. This destination is known as a lively, friendly place with attractions like the Cape Henry Lighthouse, Ocean Breeze Waterpark,and the Chrysler Museum of Art. There are great historical homes to tour, the Boardwalk to stroll downand state parks to explore. The Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge offers hiking, biking and kayaking for visitors who like to get back to nature.
Virginia Beach offers a mild climate throughout the year, so your itinerary can include roller coaster adventures or lazy walks on the beach any time you come. Fishing, golfing and whale watching are also fun for the whole family. Over at the 15th Street Pier, visitors can grab a pole, hang out and wait on the big one to bite. When the sun sets, the streets come alive with music, Broadway shows, dancing and drinks. Whether it’s a cold beer or a glass of champagne, Virginia Beach has numerous pubs and bars to enjoy with friends and family. Classic, familiar and memorable best describe a vacation spent in Virginia Beach.
Virginia Beach’s Top 10
10. Mount Trashmore This eco-friendly, beautifully landscaped park was once a dump site that found new life as a great ‘green’ place to visit and enjoy.
5. Dolphin Tours Head out into the Atlantic Ocean and get up close and personal with native dolphins, sea turtles and other oceanic wildlife.
9. Jamestown Settlement History comes alive at this museum where visitors can explore life-size replica ships and gallery exhibits.
4. Virginia Zoo Lions, tigers, bears, evening concerts, activities for the kids and breakfast with the animals – the Virginia Zoo has something going on all the time.
8. Contemporary Art Center of Virginia Numerous paintings, sculptures and other various types of media are on display along with educational programs, studio classes and outdoor art shows.
3. Busch Gardens Old Country With everything from their roller coaster rides to their animal encounters, this theme park has been delighting visitors for more than 40 years.
7. Virginia Air and Space Center Let your imagination take flight with IMAX shows and interactive exhibits.
2. Virginia Beach Amusement Park Summer memories begin at this iconic spot with fun rides, cotton candy and nostalgia.
6. Sandler Center for Performing Arts Come and enjoy the cultural arts, where everything from Broadway productions to live concerts are always on the calendar.
1. Virginia Beach Boardwalk Stroll this three-mile path surrounded by the beach, resorts, restaurants and upscale shops.
Virginia Beach History
- Old Cape Henry Lighthouse – See the 225-year-old lighthouse that guided ships through Chesapeake Bay.
- Tugboat Museum – A completely restored and functional tugboat with full tours.
- Virginia Air and Space Centre – A museum dedicated to Virginia’s role in the U.S. space program.
- Adam Thoroughgood House – Built in the late 1600s, the Adam Thoroughgood House is one of the oldest historical homes in the United States.
- USS Wisconsin – A dry-docked World War II battleship that has been converted into a museum.
Virginia Beach Art & Culture
- Virginia Beach Neptune Festival – A yearly festival complete with parades, live music, fireworks and a boating regatta.
- Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Centre – Get a close look at sea life at this 700,000-gallon facility devoted to understanding marine animals and plants.
- Virginia Arts Festival – Listen to music from multiple genres and watch live dance performances.
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art – A non-profit museum featuring paintings, sculptures, photographs and visual media.
- Chrysler Museum of Art – Visit this free art museum with works by famous American and European masters.
Virginia Beach Shopping
- The Boardwalk – Get new surf duds, saltwater taffy and souvenirs.
- Lynnhaven Mall – Shop until you drop at this mall with more than 170 different stores and restaurants.
- The Town Centre – A downtown district with high-end shops, restaurants and offices.
- The Shops at Hilltop – Just off the famous Virginia Beach Strip, this shopping destination features 120 different vendors.
- Pembroke Mall – An indoor shopping mall with department stores, restaurants, and an eight-cinema movie theatre.
Gay & Lesbian Virginia Beach
- Rainbow Cactus – This gay nightclub holds regular events such as line dancing and drag queen competitions.
- Klub Ambush – A live entertainment hotspot for gay and lesbian individuals, Klub Ambush is open seven days a week.
- The Wave – Get the party started at this gay nightclub featuring a different theme each night.
- LGBT Centre – A community centre offering services and support to LGBT individuals.
- Hershee Bar – The most popular lesbian bar in the Tidewater area.
Virginia Beach Outdoor
- Mount Trashmore – A former landfill, Mount Trashmore is now a beautiful park with picnic tables and a kids’ playground.
- Virginia Zoo – This zoological preserve is home to more than 400 animals from around the world.
- Neptune Park – A green space on the boardwalk with a 34-foot statue of Neptune.
- Virginia Beach Amusement Park – Located on the boardwalk, this amusement park has rides for kids and adults alike.
- Oceanfront – Virginia Beach’s coastline stretches for miles, offering sandy beaches and great waves.
Virginia Beach Sport
- Take a trip to nearby Norfolk to watch the Norfolk Tides, the area’s AAA baseball team.
- Shoot a round of golf at Hell’s Point Golf Club.
- Catch one of the Hampton Roads Piranhas’ soccer games.
- Visit the Virginia Beach Sportsplex, where the U.S. women’s field hockey team practices.
- Go horseback riding on the seashore.
Virginia Beach Events
Mid-Atlantic Sports and Boat Show in Virginia Beach comes every February to showcase boats big and small from dealers all over the state.
In March, Virginia Beach celebrates St. Patrick's Day with the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon. Run, cheer and enjoy music, food and fun at this greener than green annual event.
Fly high in April and May with the Atlantic Coast Kite Festival on Virginia Beach. Spectators of all ages will enjoy participating in or observing this high-flying festival.
Virginia Beach tunes up each May for the Virginia Arts Festival, which hosts great artists from around the world who display talents in classical music and jazz, as well as dance and theater.
The Blackbeard Pirate Festival in June captivates Virginia Beach with re-enactments like sea battles and skirmishes that will take visitors back to an exciting time in history.
Every July summer heats up with prizes, live music, and plenty of food at the Virginia Beach Tuna Tournament.
As August says goodbye and September says hello, the East Coast Surfing Championships ends the Virginia Beach summer with totally awesome surfing, food and concerts.
In October the Virginia Beach Neptune Festival, which started in 1974, beckons visitors with an array of events like sand sculpting and symphonies by the sea.
From November to January, the holidays are in full swing with the McDonalds Holiday Lights at the Beach. Every year Virginia Beach is lit up with a spectacular light display for visitors and residents alike to enjoy.
December is full of holiday spirit with the Holiday Parade at the Beach in Virginia Beach. Marching bands and illuminated floats roll down the streets ushering in the Christmas season.
When To Go
June through September is the peak season in Virginia Beach where summer is full of hot but pleasant days with the winds coming off the Chesapeake Bay.
From October to November and April to May, the weather is mild with frequent bursts of unseasonably warm days and cool evenings.
In the winter, average highs are 53°F (12° C), and average lows are 33°F (1°C).
Virginia Beach is served by the Norfolk International airport (ORF) in the neighboring city of Norfolk, which is located just west of the border between the two cities.
Arriving by car from the northeast, come down the Delmarva Peninsula, onto US Route 13, and then take the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Interstate 64 is the best way to come from the northwest or west. As for the south, take I-85 or I-95 to US 58.
Although Virginia Beach has no train station, nearby Newport News offers two daily trains that travel to and from Boston. Here, Amtrak provides a shuttle that connects to Virginia Beach.
135 hotels in Virginia Beach, US
1801 Atlantic Avenue Map
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Virginia Beach is the perfect base for you to reside whether you are in Virginia Beach for business or... More
The Best Western Oceanfront Hotel Virginia Beach offers affordable accommodations just steps from the boardwalk and beach attractions. The hotel is just over three kilometres from The Virginia... More
The Oceanfront Inn Virginia Beach offers affordable accommodations in the heart of the resort area. Guests are just a few minutes from the Ocean Breeze Waterpark, the Virginia Aquarium and Marine... More
Set in a relaxing oceanfront setting, Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach is a suitable business and leisure base that provides contemporary accommodations and proximity to Virginia Beach... More
At 19 Atlantic Hotel Virginia Beach, guests will find comfortable and high quality accommodation. Tourists visiting to this hotel can explore nearby attractive destinations such as Marine Science... More
The Sandcastle Oceanfront Resort Hotel Virginia Beach offers family-friendly accommodations just steps from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests have access to the Virginia Beach boardwalk and Beach Street... More
The Atrium Resort is one of the great resorts near Virginia Beach VA, United States. Featuring contemporary architecture and modern amenities, this resort is a perfect place for an enjoyable... More
1901 Atlantic Avenue Map
If you are searching for a perfect place to reside in Virginia Beach, then look no further than the Fairfield Inn & Suites Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel, where you'll find a comfortable, stylish... More
Whether travelling to Virginia Beach for business or pleasure, Comfort Inn Oceanfront - Virginia Beach offers you more than just a room. GeneralConference facilities at Comfort Inn Oceanfront -... More