Southern hospitality, urban and corporate all describe the many personalities of Dallas, a Texas-sized city. From businessmen to cowboys, Dallas has a lively uptownand downtown. In these areas visitors can find world-class eateries intermixed with barbecue joints, plenty of places to shop, and hotels big and little. The arts and culture scene is no small matter with the Dallas Arts District,which is one of the nation's largest encompassing more than 60 acres. Enjoy catching a concert at the AT&T Performing Arts Centeror a show at the American Airlines Center
For those who like adventure, go to Six Flags over Texas, Fair Park, or Arbor Hills Nature Preserve.Outside theMetroplexof Dallas, there's Mesquite, Garland or Plano, Richardson to explore, too. The ‘Big D’ is a great place to head outdoors and enjoy the many parks and lakes in the area, like Texoma Lake or Lewisville Lake.From culture to cowboys, Dallas is a wonderful Southern city to visit for business or pleasure.
10. White Rock Lake Park This urban oasis in Dallas calls out to locals and tourists to come and play in the 1,015-acre lake and miles of hiking and biking trails.
5. Pegasus Plaza Fireworks, city functions and special events are held often in this public park located in the Main Street District of Dallas.
9. Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens Visitors will enjoy strolling through this beautiful outdoor attraction that features fantastic flowered landscapes.
4. Fair Park Museums, free concerts, gardens and more are showcased in this Art Deco-style park that covers 227 acres.
8. Crow Collection of Asian Art Free daily admission is offered at this Dallas museum, which highlights Asian-influenced art from all over the world.
3. Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park This is one of Dallas' most thrilling amusement parks with five extreme rides for visitors to enjoy.
7. Dallas Museum of Art Housing a collection made up of more than 24,000 objects dating from the 3rd millennium BC to the present, this museum is a stunning example of preservation.
2. Dallas World Aquarium From Borneo to South Africa, this aquarium boasts education, conservation and many exhibits.
6. Pioneer Plaza When in Dallas, this outdoor showpiece is a must-see that features 40 bronze longhorns sculpted as if they are running on a cattle drive.
1. Dallas Zoo More than 100 acres make up this zoo, which is full of the ‘Wilds of Africa’, animals from ‘ZooNorth’, an aquarium, daily shows and so much more.
Dallas/Fort Worth History
- Sundance Square – This once-bawdy area in downtown Fort Worth is named for the Sundance Kid and features restored historic architecture.
- Fair Park – 1930s art deco statues commemorate Texas independence from Mexico in this National Historic Landmark in Dallas.
- Dallas Heritage Village at Old City Park – These grounds show what life was like in Texas over 100 years ago.
- Dealey Plaza – This historic downtown Dallas location is where American President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
- Texas Civil War Museum – This museum in Fort Worth has interesting exhibits and artefacts from the war.
Dallas/Fort Worth Art & Culture
- Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame – Know the difference between a cowboy and a rodeo clown? You’ll find out here!
- Sid Richardson Museum – This Fort Worth Museum has one of the best collections of Western art in America.
- Dallas Museum of Art – This museum located in the Arts District features exceptional modern and traditional exhibitions.
- Modern Museum of Fort Worth – One of the largest modern art museums worldwide with pieces by Picasso and Mark Rothko.
- Nasher Sculpture Center – This exceptional facility features fantastic sculptures in its galleries and garden.
Dallas/Fort Worth Shopping
- Fort Worth Stockyards – Once an important livestock centre, these buildings are now home to Old West-style shopping and entertainment options.
- Allen Premium Outlets – These stores in the Dallas/Forth Worth area have designer labels for less.
- Bishops Art District – This area in Dallas has a number of boutiques, restaurants and galleries.
- West Village – This Dallas outdoor shopping centre has a wide selection of well-known boutiques and chic chain stores.
- Wild Bill’s Western Store – This popular Dallas shop has cowboy boots, cowboy hats and cold beer.
Gay & Lesbian Dallas/Fort Worth
- J.R.’s Bar and Grill – Considered the most popular gay bar in Dallas and has pool tables and an outdoor area.
- Station 4 – See a drag show or get down on the dance floor in this happening gay nightclub.
- Sue Ellen’s – This lesbian bar is a mainstay in the Dallas gay scene and has two floors of fun.
- Rainbow Lounge – This hot gay dance club in Fort Worth has three bars and plenty of entertainment.
- Best Friends Club – This gay and lesbian nightclub with a cool vibe is open Tuesday to Sunday.
Dallas/Fort Worth Outdoor
- Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden – Offers lovely displays of plants and flowers arranged by theme.
- Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge – This wilderness area is home to diverse flora and fauna and hiking trails.
- Fort Worth Water Gardens – This urban park is an architecturally interesting oasis.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center – See 1,100 animals roam freely in this conservation area in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Burger’s Lake – This large swimming hole in Fort Worth offers picnic areas and beaches.
Dallas/Fort Worth Sport
- Thrill in watching rodeos at the Cowtown Coliseum on most Sundays.
- Catch the excitement of NASCAR at the Texas Motor Speedway in November.
- Watch the Dallas Stars hockey team at the American Airlines Center.
- See the Dallas Cowboys play American football at the Cowboys Stadium.
- Cheer on the fantastic Texas Rangers baseball team at the Rangers Ballpark.
In February, visitors can catch the Dallas Winter Boat Show held at Market Hall, which displays everything from luxurious yachts to small watercraft.
Dallas Wine and Food Festival is a spring event that has been celebrated for more than 20 years and gives visitors the opportunity to be entertained and educated about fine wine and great food.
Deep Elrum Arts Festival comes to Dallas every April and showcases gourmet food, art exhibits, and performances between Elm Street and Commerce Street.
Celebrate Independence Day in Dallas with the Red, White and Blue Blast. This three-day event features a parade, music, food and a fabulous pyrotechnics show.
In July the Taste of Dallas showcases top chefs and restaurants from the surrounding areas of Texas in this three-day event at Fair Park.
Summerfest in Dallas is for visitors of all ages and features more than 30 music groups on three stages during this end-of-summer bash.
Kick fall off with the Greek Festival in Dallas. Visitors will get the chance to experience all things Greek with food, music and dancing, as well as demonstrations and shopping.
The Grapevine Grapefest near Dallas celebrates the best Texas wines in the month of September with culinary treats and award-winning wines.
From the end of September to October, the Texas State Fair goes on for 24 days. Packed with competitions, rides, food and fun, this Dallas event welcomes the young and old.
The Pioneer Harvest in mid-October celebrates traditional Texas activities with fun festivities such as pie-eating contests, pumpkin carving and crafts. This event takes place every year at the Old City Park.
When To Go
March through April and September through October are great times to visit Dallas. The spring and fall temperatures are cool, and it’s perfect weather to get out and explore the cultural and artistic sides of the city.
As summer comes in the months of May through August, Dallas tourists may find the heat to be overwhelming. Some days reach temperatures of over 100°F (38°C).
Winter in Dallas is comfortable with daily temperatures that range from 55°F (13°C) to 70°F (21°C).
In Dallas there are two airports: Love Field and Dallas-Fort Worth International. The international airport is made up of two sections, DFW Airport North and DFW Airport South, and is located about 15 miles from the city's centre.
The city of Dallas operates as Greyhound’s U.S. Headquarters, so it is very easy to reach by way of bus from many cities in the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
There are two trains by Amtrak that service Dallas and Fort Worth: the Texas Eagle and the Heartland Flyer. Also, the TRE (Trinity Express Railway) makes several connections from Dallas to the Fort Worth area.
Assuring complete service and luxury, the Warwick Melrose Hotel is spacious and splendidly appointed to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralWarwick Melrose Hotel offers meeting and conference... More
Magnolia Hotel Dallas offers comfortable accommodation with quality services to ensure guests a relaxing holiday. Famous landmarks of the city include Neiman Marcus and the Deep Ellum. ... More
Whether visiting in Dallas for a corporate trip or vacation, travellers find ideal city sanctuary at the modern elegant spaces of Hyatt Regency Dallas At Reunion. During free time, tourists in this... More
Good and bad
Hilton Anatole transforms the travel experience with a truly innovative and dynamic urban living environment, where the guests are treated to modern features and comforts. GeneralThis property... More
Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Renaissance Dallas Hotel provides friendly customer service and excellent accommodation to everyone visiting the Dallas. GeneralThe hotel... More
2101 North Stemmons Freeway Map
Save 20% on your stay
Boasting fantastic location, this property offers superb accommodation and quality facility that will be etched and makes your stay a memorable one. GeneralThe Sheraton Suites also offers... More
1717 North Akard Street Map
Moments Offer: Save 20% (Non Refundable)
The Fairmont Hotel Dallas provides discerning business and leisure travellers elegant accommodations in the centre of the Art District of Dallas. This luxury hotel places art lovers close to the... More
not a good stay
Combining style, comfort and convenience, Nylo Dallas South Side Hotel makes for an ideal haven for fashionable business and leisure travellers looking for a taste of urban retreat in Dallas. This... More
Featuring comfortable accommodation, quality service and a friendly staff, the InterContinental Hotel & Resort Dallas offers all the modern day conveniences, to ensure you a truly unforgettable... More
To enjoy the tranquillity along with excellent friendly service and luxurious accommodation in a contemporary setting, the Sheraton Dallas Hotel is just the place for you to relax. GeneralThe... More
Refine your search
- Fair Park hotels
- Pioneer Plaza hotels
- Fountain Place hotels
- Dallas Convention Center hotels
- Dallas World Aquarium hotels
- Dallas Museum of Art hotels
- Nasher Scupture Center hotels
- John F. Kennedy Memorial Plaza hotels
- Dallas Holocost Museum hotels
- Symphony Hall hotels
- Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Cente hotels
- Klyde Warren Park hotels