Pigeon Forge hotels
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
Situated in the heart of the Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge has a wide variety of attractions from the indoors to the great outdoors. This Tennessee city is nestled among trees and rivers great for white-water rafting with Rafting in the Smokies, hiking, biking, or camping in the Great Smoky National Park. For those who would rather not get so close to nature, take a train ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad.While on vacation in Pigeon Forge, make your way to some of the best attractions in the South. Take a day and go to the family-friendly Dollywood Theme Parkfor thrilling rides and great entertainment. You can also enjoy comedy shows, concerts or dinner theatre like the Great Smoky Mountain Murder Mystery.
There are many places to stay, eat, and shop in Pigeon Forge. You might want to spend an entire day browsing at the popularBelz Outletstores. Although this mountain resort city has many well known things to do, consider going off the beaten path and discover local museums and historic sites. Explore the Carbo's Police Museum, Dinosaur Walk,or The Old Mill.Notably fun, historically beautiful and family-minded, Pigeon Forge will turn family vacations into family traditions.
10. Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies From sharks to stingrays, discover an underwater world of fun and exciting educational exhibits in Pigeon Forge.
5. Zorb in the Smoky Mountains Hop inside a giant inflatable globe and plummet down the hills at this unique outdoor attraction in Pigeon Forge.
9. Wonderworks As the story goes, a tornado brought this unique, upside-down science lab to Pigeon Forge.
4. The Grand Majestic Theatre From musical performances of long ago to present-day comedians, this theatre in Pigeon Forge is a great activity for the whole family.
8. Rafting in the Smokies Just a short drive from Pigeon Forge, a raging river awaits, along with skilled guides from a company that has been delivering fun for more than 30 years.
3. Cades Cove As part of the Smoky Mountain National Park, this location is one of the most visited in Pigeon Forge. From fishing to hiking, this park has it all.
7. Gatlinburg Zip-line Family Adventure Go flying through the trees and make your vacation to Pigeon Forge one you won't soon forget.
2. Splash Country This thrilling water park is sure to get you wet with its 23 slides, plunges and body slides.
6. Titanic Pigeon Forge Discover the magnificent history of this ship by going inside an actual full-scale model where you will learn what this ocean voyage must have been like.
1. Dollywood Known as the theme park to visit when in Pigeon Forge, visitors will experience delicious food, amazing rides and entertainment, and never-ending fun.
Pigeon Forge History
- Samuel Wear Grave Monument – A stone marker commemorating one of the first settlers in Pigeon Forge.
- Shiloh Memorial Cemetery – The final resting place of many notable Pigeon Forge residents.
- The Pigeon Forge Mill – Tour this early 19th-century iron forge, which helped to give Pigeon Forge its name.
- Titanic Museum – A massive exhibit devoted entirely to the memory of the doomed steam liner that sank in the early 20th century.
- Southern Gospel Museum and Hall of Fame – Learn about the legends of southern gospel music at this museum.
Pigeon Forge Art & Culture
- The Grand Majestic – Take the family to see this live stage musical in Pigeon Forge featuring classic rock music, disco and popular hits.
- Dixie Stampede – Eat a traditional southern barbeque feast while watching performers and live animals in this dinner show.
- National Elvis Museum – Learn all about Elvis Presley at this museum.
- Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show – Based on a historic southern family feud, this dinner show features musical performances and stunts.
- The Comedy Barn Theatre – A comedy performance with jugglers, fire eaters, country music and barnyard animals.
Pigeon Forge Shopping
- Pigeon River Crossings – This outlet mall covers more than 450,000 square feet and is home to 85 stores.
- Incredible Christmas Place – A specialty store that sells Christmas items all year round.
- Riverview Outlet Mall – Window shop at this specialty outlet mall.
- Pigeon Forge Factory Outlet Stores – This shopping plaza features many items, including clothing, books and beauty products.
- River Vista Outlet Mall – Shop until you drop at this outdoor shopping plaza.
Gay & Lesbian Pigeon Forge
- Out at the Park – A yearly pride festival held at the Dollywood theme park.
- Moonshine Cabin – LGBT couples are welcome at this bed and breakfast inn on Boone Acres Way.
- Laurel Springs Lodge Bed and Breakfast – This inn in nearby Gatlinburg offers accommodations to people of all sexual orientations.
- Rainbow Club West – A short drive away in Knoxville, Rainbow Club West is a popular gay and lesbian bar and nightclub.
- Hot Rod’s – Gay club goers can party the night away at this lively Knoxville club in Pigeon Forge, featuring male go-go dancers and drag queen performances.
Pigeon Forge Outdoor
- Dollywood – Pigeon Forge’s largest amusement park, Dollywood, has roller coasters, thrill rides, water rides and live entertainment.
- Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride – An outdoor animatronics boat ride with life-sized dinosaurs.
- NASCAR SpeedPark – This outdoor entertainment centre has go-karts, miniature golf and a kids’ zone.
- Parrot Mountain & Gardens – Get up close and personal with exotic bird species from all over the world.
- Great Smoky Mountain Railroad – Take a vintage, first-class train ride through the Smokies.
Pigeon Forge Sport
- Go skydiving at the Flyaway Indoor Skydiving facility.
- Attend the Smoky Mountain Model-A Car Rally.
- Take a zip-line canopy tour around Pigeon Forge.
- Book a white-water rafting expedition.
- Go ATV trail riding in the Smoky Mountains.
Pigeon Forge Events
During the Christmas season, take the family on a ride with the Winterfest Trolley Tour of Lights, and see millions of twinkling lights aglow on your journey through Pigeon Forge.
Saddleup in February with cowboy poets and western musicals during this celebration of the American West in Pigeon Forge.
The March Winter Carnival of Magic in Pigeon Forge is one of the largest magic conventions filled with shows, lectures and dealer displays.
In spring, the Annual F100 Supernationals will have truck lovers drooling at this event in Pigeon Forge. There’s plenty of entertainment, awards and great food.
Come enjoy the Smoky Mountain Springfest with friends and family in Pigeon Forge. There will be arts and crafts surrounded by vibrant blooming flowers and mountain music.
For more than 20 years the Annual Patriot Festival has brought families a fun and entertaining Independence Day with a kids’ carnival, music and fireworks.
Come enjoy the colorful changing leaves of the mountains at the Harvestfest in Pigeon Forge. Visitors will love all the crafts, food, and music at this festival that welcomes the start of autumn.
At the Old Mill Heritage Day in Pigeon Forge, September goes back in time with an old-fashioned farmers market, crafts, historic tours of the mill and much more.
In November, put on your dancing shoes and head out to the Turkey Strut and Round Dance Festival in Pigeon Forge.
The New Years Extravaganza in Pigeon Forgewill send the old year out with plenty of fun, food and fireworks at the Grand Resort Hotel and Convention Center.
When To Go
The weather in Pigeon Forge is comfortable almost all year round. In the winter, however, temperatures occasionally dip below freezing, and there can be snowfall.
In the spring and early summer, Pigeon Forge gets busy during its peak season. The flowers are in bloom and the temperatures are mild, ranging from 61°F (16°C) to 76°F (24°C).
As summer and fall roll in, many visitors take advantage of the great weather and come to see the changing of the leaves in Pigeon Forge. Daily temperatures reach 70°F (21°C), and the evenings cool off to about 45°F (7°C).
By air, flights will arrive at the Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge Airport (GKT). From there visitors can take rental cars, taxis or shuttles south to reach their accommodations in Pigeon Forge.
Travelling by car to Pigeon Forge is the most scenic, and can be done by way of I-40, which connects to other major highways coming from the north, south, east and west. It is important to note that during the winter, some roads and highways close due to snowfall.
The closet Greyhound bus station is located in Knoxville, TN,which is 30 miles away. From Knoxville, it will take about 45 minutes to get to Pigeon Forge.
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
An ideal place for all travellers, the Ramada Limited offers a warm welcome, pleasant ambience and convenient facilities to make your stay an enjoyable experience. GeneralThe exclusively appointed... More
Featuring the old-fashioned mountain hospitality you can expect from East Tennessee, the Smoky Shadows Motel and Conference Center with its quiet and comfortable accommodation, is an ideal choice... More
Boasting pleasant ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralThe hotel offers well-equipped conference rooms for... More
Providing all the modern facilities and conveniences, this property is an ideal place for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. GeneralYou can have a refreshing dip in the on-site swimming pool or... More
Pigeon Forge's Most Charming Lodge, the Timbers Lodge offers the charm of a real Smoky Mountain log cabin and the convenience of a modern hotel. Located in Pigeon Forge, TN near the Great Smoky... More
Featuring warm hospitality and unsurpassed service, the Green Valley Motel Pigeon Forge cater to the needs of discerning travellers for a memorable stay. GeneralYou can shop for unique gifts... More
Offering excellent amenities, stylish accommodation and well connected location, James Manor Hotel Pigeon Forge is the apt place to stay in. Area attractions close by are Black Bear Jamboree,... More
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area is conveniently located in the resort city of Pigeon Forge. This property offers quality accommodation and hospitable service. Business travellers as well as tourists are... More
Offering warm welcome and high quality of comforts, this charming property makes your stay a memorable and pleasant one at Pigeon Forge. GeneralThis stylish property offers well-designed business... More
Spend your Smoky Mountain vacation at the Vacation Lodge, which is tucked perfectly with excellent tranquil views of immaculate grounds and will make you feel like you are the only one in the heart... More