Woodlawn Cemetery hotels
The expansive and historically recognized Woodlawn Cemetery, located in the Bronx area of New York City, is a beautiful cemetery. Many people visit here not only to check in on loved ones, but also to enjoy some peace and quiet in a sacred space. Some of the famous people that are buried here include women’s rights activist Elizabeth Cady Stanton, author Herman Melville and musician Miles Davis. Many gravestones, monuments and sculptures of exceptional artistry dot the cemetery, which makes for fascinating sightseeing. After walking through the grass-covered area, families can also take advantage of a nearby playground.
- Take a few hours to explore the Woodlawn Cemetery, there are unique and expertly crafted sculptures, mausoleums and monuments spaced throughout the area.
- Bring young travellers to the Williamsbridge Playground, just south of this New York City cemetery, which has an enormous playing field and multiple outdoor tennis courts.
- Stop in at a delicious New York City eatery after exploring the cemetery; the nearby Trattoria Zero Otto Nove is beloved for its Italian-American cuisine.
The Bronx is one of the five boroughs of New York City, and enjoys the same efficient and convenient public transportation system as the rest of the city. The buses, trains and ferries ensure both residents and tourists can easily get to this neighbourhood. Woodlawn Cemetery has its own above ground train station at the Northeast corner of the park. There is also another station at the Southeast edge, called Williams Bridge Station. Several subway stations are located nearby; the closest is Woodlawn Station, which has service from the 4 train on Bainbridge Avenue.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
- Boston hotels (73 hotels)
494 hotels near Woodlawn Cemetery
Conveniently set in the heart of Bronx city near local points of interests, the simply appointed accommodations of Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo makes for an ideal retreat for corporate and leisure... More
Offering superior accommodation as well as stunning blend of welcome, comfort and contemporary style, the Ramada Hotel Bronx is an ideal accommodation base for you to explore the vibrant city of... More
The hotel is a 9-story building with public space on the ground level and 8 guestroom floors located within the Cross County Shopping Center. Hotel includes 155 guestrooms, 13 Suites, 2 penthouse... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx is an ideal place for a pleasant and enjoyable vacation. Families will appreciate the inn's proximity to... More
1776 Eastchester Road Map
Explore the Bronx from the homelike comfort of the brand-new Residence Inn New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium. Situated in the East Bronx, were near such local attractions as Yankee Stadium,... More
Offering modern accommodations close to subway lines, Super 8 Bronx makes for a convenient base for travellers exploring this part of New York. Tourists at this cosy Bronx hotel can check out the... More
If you like to spend your holidays in New York City, then choose the Howard Johnson Inn Yankee Stadium that offers the comfort and privacy that anyone deserve and require for a vacation. ... More
The Days Inn Bronx Yankee Stadium provides accommodation for travellers in Bronx, a few miles from Manhattan, and few blocks from Yankee Stadium. GeneralThe Days Inn Bronx Yankee Stadium has... More
Assuring comfortable accommodation and friendly atmosphere, this property is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralFor your business as well as social events, the hotel... More