The “Triangle Below Canal Street,” or “TriBeCa” in short, is the area located in Lower Manhattan, bordered on the north by Canal Street, on the south by Chambers Street, on the east by Broadway, and on the west by the Hudson River. Formerly a famous industrial area, Tribeca developed into a major artist’s community back in the late 70’s and since then gradually became a chic residential district. Once a simple country farmland, the 1960’s was the period when the Washington Market Urban Renewal Project began to transform the area by placing housing accommodations, office spaces, and schools. The area is also known for the annual Tribeca Film Festival started by local resident Robert De Niro.
- Tourists and locals alike will enjoy visiting the Hudson River Park to get away from the bustling life found in New York City by going for long quite walks along the five-mile pathway that stretches from Battery Place until 59th Street.
- Tribeca is home to some famous restaurants such as Nobu and Bouley where fantastic, mouth-watering dishes are elegantly served by some of the world’s most successful chefs.
- The architectural style found in Tribeca gives tourists a feel of the New York City’s history as cobblestones line the streets that stretch to the Hudson.
Tourists who are new to New York City will find the trip to Tribeca an easy task. Tribeca is conveniently accessible via subway, bus, and by the numberous taxi cabs all over Manhattan. When taking the subway, take train numbers 1 and 9 till Canal or Chambers, or train number 6 to Canal as well as Broadway. When taking the bus, one can take the M20 from the downtown area until Hudson Street, or even M6 to reach 6th Avenue. For those who are coming from the uptown area, they may reach Seventh Avenue by taking the M20 as well as the M1 and get off at Broadway.
Offering unsurpassed services and discriminating ambience, The Roxy Hotel (formerly the Tribeca Grand Hotel) welcomes you for an enticing holiday experience. GeneralThe Roxy Hotel (formerly the... More
Tribeca Grand is really Grand?
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
Cosmopolitan travellers visiting New York for business or leisure can find stylish and elegantly appointed accommodations that suit their taste at Mondrian Soho New York Hotel. The chic property... More
Holiday Inn Manhattan-Downtown Soho New York City offers good standards of lodging and quality services for travellers' convenience. Just 2 kilometres form this inn is Brooklyn Bridge, the longest... More
The personal are nice.
Soho Garden Hotel makes for an ideal base with its comfortable accommodations and quality services fit for weary visitors travelling through New York. While in the area, vacationers can check out... More
Well located for shopping
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
Refine your search
- New York Law School hotels
- New York Academy of Art hotels
- Tribeca Film Center hotels
- Washington Market Park hotels
- Albert Capsouto Park hotels
- African Burial Ground hotels
- Thomas Paine Park hotels
- City Hall Park hotels
- Juan Pablo Duarte Square hotels
- Foley Square hotels
- Collect Pond Park hotels
- City Hall hotels