Statue of Liberty hotels
Statue of Liberty
Presented to the United States by the French government in 1884, the Statue of Liberty has a smaller twin sister in Paris. “Lady Liberty,” as she’s often called, holds the Declaration of Independence in her left hand, and a torch symbolizing enlightenment in her right. Towering above Liberty Island in New York City Harbour, The Statue of Liberty has greeted countless immigrants who have come to New York’s shores seeking the American Dream. Fittingly, she has become a symbol of the democratic ideals of the United States. Liberty Island is a must-see on any trip to New York City.
- Sign the kids up for the National Park Service’s Junior Ranger Program, through which they will work as a team collecting symbols of freedom on a scavenger hunt.
- Climb to the Statue of Liberty’s crown and torch. To climb from the base of the statue to the crown, visitors will walk up154 stairs. However, most visitors will find the exertion worth-while, as a panoramic view of New York City awaits.
- Take an audio tour of the Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island. The adult tour is offered in nine languages, the children’s version in 5.
Take the ferry from New York City’s Battery Park to Liberty Island. New York’s public transportation system is very good; so many travellers will choose to get around the city by subway or bus, rather than attempting to navigate the city traffic. Allow five to six hours for a trip to and from Liberty Island, as the Statue of Liberty is very busy on the weekends and the wait can be over an hour for the ferry. To avoid sitting around in unnecessary queuing, plan to take the first ferry of a weekday.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
540 hotels near Statue of Liberty
Placed in one of most populous urban areas in the world, Eurostars Wall Street Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel in New York offers highly specialized products and services in pleasant atmosphere. The... More
Combining exceptional location and welcoming atmosphere, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown New York is an ideal place for a splendid vacation in New York. GeneralBEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
Comfortable accommodation, friendly services and a relaxed atmosphere await guests at Conrad New York, a hotel located in the financial district of the city. Those visiting New York on business... More
Combining quality service and comfortable accommodation, Holiday Inn Express New York City Wall Street is convenient location for both leisure and business travellers. It is also within easy reach... More
8 Stone Street Map
Well located in the heart of Lower Manhattan, Doubletree Hotel New York City Financial District gives business and leisure travellers relaxed accommodations in the busy city. The hotel is just a... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, Club Quarters, Downtown is a good choice of accommodation, while visiting New York. The property's pleasant ambience and friendly service makes it... More
170 Broadway Map
The Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan World Trade Center is a brand new hotel that opened January 2015. Located directly on Broadway at Maiden Lane in the heart of New York Citys... More
Welcome to the world's tallest Holiday Inn! Discover elegant luxury and beautiful city views when you stay at the Holiday Inn ® Manhattan – Financial District. Centered in the heart of New York... More