Statue of Liberty hotels
Statue of Liberty
Presented to the United States by the French government in 1884, the Statue of Liberty has a smaller twin sister in Paris. “Lady Liberty,” as she’s often called, holds the Declaration of Independence in her left hand, and a torch symbolizing enlightenment in her right. Towering above Liberty Island in New York City Harbour, The Statue of Liberty has greeted countless immigrants who have come to New York’s shores seeking the American Dream. Fittingly, she has become a symbol of the democratic ideals of the United States. Liberty Island is a must-see on any trip to New York City.
- Sign the kids up for the National Park Service’s Junior Ranger Program, through which they will work as a team collecting symbols of freedom on a scavenger hunt.
- Climb to the Statue of Liberty’s crown and torch. To climb from the base of the statue to the crown, visitors will walk up154 stairs. However, most visitors will find the exertion worth-while, as a panoramic view of New York City awaits.
- Take an audio tour of the Statue of Liberty and Liberty Island. The adult tour is offered in nine languages, the children’s version in 5.
Take the ferry from New York City’s Battery Park to Liberty Island. New York’s public transportation system is very good; so many travellers will choose to get around the city by subway or bus, rather than attempting to navigate the city traffic. Allow five to six hours for a trip to and from Liberty Island, as the Statue of Liberty is very busy on the weekends and the wait can be over an hour for the ferry. To avoid sitting around in unnecessary queuing, plan to take the first ferry of a weekday.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
539 hotels near Statue of Liberty
Welcome to the world's tallest Holiday Inn! Discover elegant luxury and beautiful city views when you stay at the Holiday Inn ® Manhattan – Financial District. Centered in the heart New York City,... More
World Center Hotel New York offers unique atmosphere, warm hospitality and modern facilities. Visitors can explore the Empire State Building, which is a famous skyscraper, shop at the Fifth Avenue,... More
As the only hotel actually located on Wall Street, the Andaz Wall Street A Hyatt Hotel New York is ideal for business travellers and those in search of a Lower Manhattan travel experience. No more... More
Assuring quality amenities and exceptional service, the Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District offers a home away from home experience. GeneralThe business centre provides working... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
The Wall Street Inn New York has comfortable accommodation and friendly services for travellers in New York. It has a balance of recreational and business facilities for corporate and holiday... More
Placed in the heart of the Downtown's World Trade Center, Millenium Hilton gives guests the opportunity to experience the sights, sounds, and an eclectic range of cultures and flavours of the New... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, Club Quarters, Downtown is a good choice of accommodation, while visiting New York. The property's pleasant ambience and friendly service makes it... More
170 Broadway Map
The Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan World Trade Center is a brand new hotel that opened January 2015. Located directly on Broadway at Maiden Lane in the heart of New York Citys... More