Staten Island Ferry hotels
Staten Island Ferry
One of the most reliable forms of transportation in New York City, where they already boast an excellent mass transit system, is the Staten Island Ferry. Not only is it free to use, but also affords passengers quick transport across the 8.3 kilometres from Lower Manhattan to Staten Island and back. The Ferry docks at the Whitehall Terminal on the Manhattan side and St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island. Dating back to 1905, the Ferry service is actually a fleet of eight boats, shuttling over 21 million passengers annually. The trip takes riders past famous Liberty and Ellis Islands.
- Cheat the expensive tourist trap tours of Ellis and Liberty Island by getting a dolphin’s eye view of the two popular landmarks from the bow of the Staten Island Ferry.
- Explore one of many nearby New York City landmarks whilst waiting for the next ferry; the Skyscraper Museum, the World Trade Centre, the Museum of Jewish Heritage, and more attractions can be reached within walking distance of the port.
- Head to Staten Island for some excellent Italian-American Cuisine done the New York City way, by real Italian Nonnas, at Enoteca Maria on Hyatt Street.
New York City is lauded for many things, one of which is its excellent system for public transportation. The Staten Island Ferry is itself an alternative to subway and street travel, but many tourists also ride it for the sightseeing opportunities. To arrive at the Whitehall Terminal in Manhattan one can take bus, car, or train; specifically, the number 4 subway line to the Whitehall Street Station, just a few metres away from the Terminal Building. From the Staten Island side the subway station is called St. George Station, and again is just a few metres from the port.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
522 hotels near Staten Island Ferry
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, this attractive property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Brooklyn. GeneralThe hotel also offers excellent meeting and... More
Combining elegance with luxury, the Sleep Inn Brooklyn, located in the Sunset Park neighborhood of Brooklyn is a perfect place to relax and to find the right combination of business and leisure. ... More
Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel provides comfortable accommodation to cater for the needs of both business travellers and holidaymakers. This property is three miles drive from Brooklyn... More
Sleep Inn Brooklyn is the perfect place to stay when visiting New York. This property is close to a number of area attractions and offers comfortable accommodation units. Local points of interest... More
Ideal for business and leisure travellers, Comfort Inn Brooklyn Cruise Terminal offers relaxing accommodations and favourable location next to the must-visit attractions in Brooklyn. Tourists can... More
Comfort Inn Sunset Park / Park Slope Brooklyn offers quality facilities and a pleasant atmosphere that allows travellers to relax. With several tourist spots and shopping centres galore in the... More
Presenting comfortable accommodation as well as excellent service in a relaxed friendly atmosphere, the Days Inn is an ideal spot for an enjoyable vacation. GeneralGuests travelling on business... More
8 Stone Street Map
Well located in the heart of Lower Manhattan, Doubletree Hotel New York City Financial District gives business and leisure travellers relaxed accommodations in the busy city. The hotel is just a... More
A newly built hotel, Holiday Inn Express New York Brooklyn offers cosy and comfortable accommodation and convenient services to make you feel at home. GeneralThe on-site self-service business... More