Municipal Building hotels
The first building to incorporate a subway station into the base, the Municipal Building, in the world-renowned Manhattan Borough was completed in 1914 and stands 40 stories high. The gorgeous turn-of-the-century building displays Beaux-Arts style architecture, with many delicate and stunning sculptures and reliefs decorating the interior. The Municipal Building houses a great number of governmental agencies, including New York City Department of Finance, County Clerk of New York County, and New York City Tax Commission. The building is located next to the lush City Hall Park and of course, City Hall.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Municipal Building during off-peak hours to admire the columns, statues, sculptures, and decorative aesthetics of the historic architecture.
- Watch locals sit down and play Mah-Jongg or perform Tai Chi, or play a game of tennis in the numerous open courts at Columbus Park, in New York City, just a few metres away from the building.
- Head over to the Tribeca neighbourhood of New York City and indulge in some scrumptious French fondue at the exalted Taureau restaurant on Broome Street.
New York City is home to the best public transportation system in the nation, and it runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Municipal Building boasts its own subway station in the base, which makes it exceptionally convenient to reach from anywhere in the five boroughs. The J and Z lines run through there, with the 4, 5, and 6 routes close by. The Brooklyn Bridge is directly out back, for those who prefer to rent a private vehicle. Other transportation options include the ubiquitous taxi, which can be hailed from anywhere.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
525 hotels near Municipal Building
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
Placed in the heart of the Downtown's World Trade Center, Millenium Hilton gives guests the opportunity to experience the sights, sounds, and an eclectic range of cultures and flavours of the New... More
Holiday Inn Nyc - Lower East Side invites travellers to comfortable accommodations while in a corporate or leisure trip in the famous New York City. After attending to business matters, visitors at... More
The Holiday Inn New York City Wall Street is located right in the heart of the world's most important financial district. The hotel offers convenient access to Battery Park, the neighbourhoods of... More
8 Stone Street Map
Well located in the heart of Lower Manhattan, Doubletree Hotel New York City Financial District gives business and leisure travellers relaxed accommodations in the busy city. The hotel is just a... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
Providing a friendly atmosphere and a superior level of luxury, the Marriott Downtown New York hotel invites you to enjoy a pleasant stay whether you are in New York City for business or pleasure. ... More
Placed in one of most populous urban areas in the world, Eurostars Wall Street Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel in New York offers highly specialized products and services in pleasant atmosphere. The... More
Occupying a location amidst renowned attractions, Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is the ideal choice for all travellers. Tourists can visit Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension... More