Municipal Building hotels
The first building to incorporate a subway station into the base, the Municipal Building, in the world-renowned Manhattan Borough was completed in 1914 and stands 40 stories high. The gorgeous turn-of-the-century building displays Beaux-Arts style architecture, with many delicate and stunning sculptures and reliefs decorating the interior. The Municipal Building houses a great number of governmental agencies, including New York City Department of Finance, County Clerk of New York County, and New York City Tax Commission. The building is located next to the lush City Hall Park and of course, City Hall.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Municipal Building during off-peak hours to admire the columns, statues, sculptures, and decorative aesthetics of the historic architecture.
- Watch locals sit down and play Mah-Jongg or perform Tai Chi, or play a game of tennis in the numerous open courts at Columbus Park, in New York City, just a few metres away from the building.
- Head over to the Tribeca neighbourhood of New York City and indulge in some scrumptious French fondue at the exalted Taureau restaurant on Broome Street.
New York City is home to the best public transportation system in the nation, and it runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Municipal Building boasts its own subway station in the base, which makes it exceptionally convenient to reach from anywhere in the five boroughs. The J and Z lines run through there, with the 4, 5, and 6 routes close by. The Brooklyn Bridge is directly out back, for those who prefer to rent a private vehicle. Other transportation options include the ubiquitous taxi, which can be hailed from anywhere.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (322 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (200 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
539 hotels near Municipal Building
95 Henry Street Map
Providing tasteful accommodations and central location, Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers looking to discover the wonders... More
Boasting close proximity to Eldridge Street Synagogue, a place of worship for a Jewish congregation, Sohotel New York offers contemporary design blended with simple elegance for a comfortable stay.... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
The Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo is located in Soho, one of New York's most popular neighbourhoods. Guests of the hotel are close to boutiques, upscale restaurants, galleries and museums. Some of the... More
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
Welcome to the world's tallest Holiday Inn! Discover elegant luxury and beautiful city views when you stay at the Holiday Inn ® Manhattan – Financial District. Centered in the heart New York City,... More
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
As the only hotel actually located on Wall Street, the Andaz Wall Street A Hyatt Hotel New York is ideal for business travellers and those in search of a Lower Manhattan travel experience. No more... More