Macy’s Department Store in New York City is the flagship store of the famous chain and a big part of the social history of the city. The store is located in Herald Square in Midtown Manhattan and is still one of the largest department stores in the world. Macy’s was established in 1858 and since then it has warded off fierce competition from other department stores looking to challenge it for supremacy. Macy’s has used a number of innovative strategies to draw customers including being the first store in America to feature a Santa Claus during the holidays.
- Visit New York City on Thanksgiving for the historic Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, when the streets are filled with giant floating replicas of popular cartoon figures, a New York City tradition since 1924.
- Come to mid-town on the fourth of July to enjoy Macy’s spectacular fireworks display that has been lighting up the skies over New York City since 1976.
- Learn how to cook from top chefs at the DeGustibus Cooking School located within the store at Herald Square, where everything from classical French to Asian food is on the menu.
Macy’s is located on Broadway in between 34th and 35th street and can be reached using New York City’s famous public transportation. The 34th Street/ Penn Station is just a block from Macy’s and is the closest stop of the subway. Midtown Manhattan is a teeming metropolis with amazing architecture and scenery that will best be absorbed on foot, so take the subway to the area and then just walk around. From JFK Airport you can take the AirTrain to the subway, which is the quickest and cheapest way to reach the city for those arriving by air.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (163 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
527 hotels near Macys
Offering shared and private accommodations in the heart of the city, The Out NYC Resort makes for a convenient urban haven for discerning travellers looking to explore the vibrant Big Apple. This... More
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
City Club Hotel New York offers personalised services, central location and friendly atmosphere for an enjoyable holiday. It is few blocks away from Grand Central Station, the largest train station... More
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square New York City is well designed for business or leisure guests. It is just a short walk to Carnegie Hall, one of the most famous venues in the United States for... More
237 West 54th Street Map
Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West invites travellers to modern spaces and amenities strategically set near attractions in New York. A visit to the Big Apple is incomplete... More
Hilton New York offers elegant accommodations conveniently located at the heart of New York near several tourists attractions. Patrons at this chic hotel can stroll around Times Square where... More
325 West 33rd Street Map
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station welcomes travellers with a comfortable retreat set amidst local attractions and entertainment/shopping opportunities in Manhattan, New... More
128 West 29th Street Map
Experience the high standards of comfort at the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea that offers luxurious accommodation, gracious outdoor spaces and modern decor. Guests at this... More
312 West 37th Street Map
Whether you''''re here on business or vacation, you''''ll find all the comforts of home in a great location at the Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY,... More