Macy’s Department Store in New York City is the flagship store of the famous chain and a big part of the social history of the city. The store is located in Herald Square in Midtown Manhattan and is still one of the largest department stores in the world. Macy’s was established in 1858 and since then it has warded off fierce competition from other department stores looking to challenge it for supremacy. Macy’s has used a number of innovative strategies to draw customers including being the first store in America to feature a Santa Claus during the holidays.
- Visit New York City on Thanksgiving for the historic Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, when the streets are filled with giant floating replicas of popular cartoon figures, a New York City tradition since 1924.
- Come to mid-town on the fourth of July to enjoy Macy’s spectacular fireworks display that has been lighting up the skies over New York City since 1976.
- Learn how to cook from top chefs at the DeGustibus Cooking School located within the store at Herald Square, where everything from classical French to Asian food is on the menu.
Macy’s is located on Broadway in between 34th and 35th street and can be reached using New York City’s famous public transportation. The 34th Street/ Penn Station is just a block from Macy’s and is the closest stop of the subway. Midtown Manhattan is a teeming metropolis with amazing architecture and scenery that will best be absorbed on foot, so take the subway to the area and then just walk around. From JFK Airport you can take the AirTrain to the subway, which is the quickest and cheapest way to reach the city for those arriving by air.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
542 hotels near Macys
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
Offering host of amenities, Travel Inn Express New York is a perfect venue for a pleasant as well as relaxing stay. GeneralThe conference facility provided by the hotel is an ideal place to host... More
The Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square South puts guests right in the heart of Times Square, one of the most exciting areas in the Big Apple. The hotel offers comfortable accommodations for... More
Offering shared and private accommodations in the heart of the city, The Out NYC makes for a convenient urban haven for discerning travellers looking to explore the vibrant Big Apple. This resort... More
Surrounded by Broadway theatres, premier fashion houses, lively nightclubs, shopping and fine New York restaurant, Hilton Times Square is just the place to stay when visiting New York. Its fine... More
Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea welcomes guests to experience an enjoyable vacation in the heart of the City that Never Sleeps. Visitors can enjoy theatrical performances at the Broadway... More
128 West 29th Street Map
Experience the high standards of comfort at the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea that offers luxurious accommodation, gracious outdoor spaces and modern decor. Guests at this... More
Easily accessible from New York's airports, Warwick Hotel New York offers friendly atmosphere and personalised services for both business and leisure travellers. The largest train station in the... More
With deluxe spaces and contemporary facilities strategically set in the heart of Times Square, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Times Square Central makes for a suitable base for travellers seeking to... More