Grand Central Station hotels
Grand Central Station
The century-old Grand Central Station, commonly referred to as “Grand Central”, is one of the most treasured and iconic landmarks of New York City. It is located at Park Avenue and 42nd street in Midtown Manhattan, and serves as the city’s premier commuter rail terminal. This colossal structure has 44 platforms, with 67 tracks (41 above, 26 below ground), and covers an area of 190,000 square metres, making it the largest railway station in the world. Grand Central attracts over 21 million visitors annually, and was “the world’s 6th most-visited tourist attraction” in a 2011 ‘Travel + Leisure’ magazine survey.
- Look up to the most recognizable symbol of Grand Central Station; the spectacular, 38 metre-high clock in the cavernous main concourse, with its 4 multi-million dollar opal-made faces.
- Feast on delicious seafood specials under the domed, Guastavino-tiled ceiling of the historic 1913‘Oyster Bar& Restaurant’, the most treasured landmark on the culinary circuit of New York City.
- Whisper sweet nothings from one corner below the large, arched entryway of Grand Central’s ‘Whispering Gallery’ New York City and get bowled over when your loved one hears them clearly at the opposite corner.
As the world’s largest terminus, expect midtown Manhattan’s Grand Central Station to be well-connected by bus, car, taxi, and, obviously, by train. Multiple metro and suburban trains from the city’s 4 neighbouring boroughs and outlying areas, including long- distance trains from many major cities across the US serve Grand Central. Regular buses from La Guardia and Newark, the nearest airports, also link to New York City from where this station can be accessed by car and taxi, and even on foot. Daily commuter trains from upstate New York, northern areas of the city and Connecticut also run to Grand Central.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
542 hotels near Grand Central Station
312 West 37th Street Map
Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY makes for an ideal starting point for travellers exploring this bustling United States city with ease. Apart from... More
City Club Hotel New York offers personalised services, central location and friendly atmosphere for an enjoyable holiday. It is few blocks away from Grand Central Station, the largest train station... More
Cosmopolitan travellers looking for stylish spaces set close to Big Apple tourist destinations find suitable base at Park Central New York. Holidaymakers at this plush New York retreat never miss... More
Edison Hotel New York is a one-stop location for an entertaining as well as relaxing holiday. Visitors can stop by at Rockefeller Center, a complex of buildings that feature shops, restaurants,... More
325 West 33rd Street Map
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station welcomes travellers with a comfortable retreat set amidst local attractions and entertainment/shopping opportunities in Manhattan, New... More
Element New York Times Square West Hotel offers welcoming atmosphere, comfortable accommodation and quality service. This property provides business centre, Internet access, faxing and photocopying... More
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North is an ideal place for business and leisure guests who are looking for quality accommodation with personalised services. New York skyscrapers such as Empire... More
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
Surrounded by Broadway theatres, premier fashion houses, lively nightclubs, shopping and fine New York restaurant, Hilton Times Square is just the place to stay when visiting New York. Its fine... More