Garment District hotels
The Garment District in New York City is a dream location for anyone who sews his own clothing or is interested in the fashion industry. Located in Manhattan, major designers maintain warehouses, showrooms and even production factories in this district. Walking through the streets in the area you might just run into designers from the houses of Oscar de la Renta or Donna Karan shopping in the same supply houses you're exploring. Take a shopping tour of the area or explore the history of the fashion industry at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT).
- Stop at the information kiosk in the middle of the Garment District in New York City to get your bearings, and to enjoy the sculptures of a tailor sewing and the huge needle through a button.
- Stop at Elliott Berman Textiles to pick up fabric from Europe for your next really special project at rock bottom prices.
- Mikes New York City Tours offers a 2-hour walking tour of the district; this trip includes stops through the Garment District and personal stories about life in the fashion industry.
The Garment District is located in Manhattan borough of New York City. Stores are located between 5th and 9th Avenue, from West 34th through West 42ndStreets. It is located about seven blocks from Madison Square Garden and can be easily reached by subway. The district can easily be covered on foot. If you are going shopping for fabric and notions, do your homework in advance and make sure you know exactly how much fabric you need to buy, as pattern catalogues aren't available: most of these shops cater to the professional design world, so come prepared.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
541 hotels near Garment District
312 West 37th Street Map
Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY makes for an ideal starting point for travellers exploring this bustling United States city with ease. Apart from... More
City Club Hotel New York offers personalised services, central location and friendly atmosphere for an enjoyable holiday. It is few blocks away from Grand Central Station, the largest train station... More
Cosmopolitan travellers looking for stylish spaces set close to Big Apple tourist destinations find suitable base at Park Central New York. Holidaymakers at this plush New York retreat never miss... More
Edison Hotel New York is a one-stop location for an entertaining as well as relaxing holiday. Visitors can stop by at Rockefeller Center, a complex of buildings that feature shops, restaurants,... More
325 West 33rd Street Map
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station welcomes travellers with a comfortable retreat set amidst local attractions and entertainment/shopping opportunities in Manhattan, New... More
Element New York Times Square West Hotel offers welcoming atmosphere, comfortable accommodation and quality service. This property provides business centre, Internet access, faxing and photocopying... More
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North is an ideal place for business and leisure guests who are looking for quality accommodation with personalised services. New York skyscrapers such as Empire... More
Surrounded by Broadway theatres, premier fashion houses, lively nightclubs, shopping and fine New York restaurant, Hilton Times Square is just the place to stay when visiting New York. Its fine... More