Daily News Building hotels
Daily News Building
The Daily News Building is an iconic skyscraper situated on East 42nd Street in New York City’s Midtown. The landmark is a must-see for architecture aficionados visiting the Big Apple. This Art Deco-style building stands a staggering 145 metres off the ground and was built in 1930 from a design by notable architects Raymond Hood and John Mead Howells. Up until 1995, the Daily News Building was the home of the New York Daily News, and it may also be recognisable as the inspiration for the Daily Planet building where Superman’s passive alter ego, Clark Kent, worked.
- Explore the lobby of the Daily News Building in New York City, where the largest indoor globe in the world is located and acts as a permanent, up-to-date science exhibit.
- Check out the bas-relief carvings that adorn the entrance to the New York City skyscraper, and see a rendering featuring office workers in rays of sunlight in the Art Deco-style popular in Manhattan at the time.
- Take a walking architecture tour of Manhattan, and take in the architectural gems such as the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal, just down the street from the Daily News Building.
It is easy to get to the Daily News Building at 220 East 42nd Street using New York City’s efficient and comprehensive public transport system. Grand Central Terminal is two city blocks from the skyscraper and is one of the busiest transport hubs in the city, serving the Hudson Line, Harlem Line, New Haven Line, New Canaan Branch, and Danbury Branch the rail lines and connecting to the 4, 5, 6, 7, and S subway trains. Local buses M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M101, M102, and M103 also stop at the historic station
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (317 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (160 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (193 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
540 hotels near Daily News Building
Edison Hotel New York is a one-stop location for an entertaining as well as relaxing holiday. Visitors can stop by at Rockefeller Center, a complex of buildings that feature shops, restaurants,... More
Featuring stylish accommodations in a central location, Best Western Premier Herald Square Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat for travellers looking to explore cosmopolitan New York City. This... More
Surrounded by Broadway theatres, premier fashion houses, lively nightclubs, shopping and fine New York restaurant, Hilton Times Square is just the place to stay when visiting New York. Its fine... More
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
Enjoy an authentic New York experience at Manhattan NYC an Affinia hotel, which is well suited for business or leisure travellers. Just a short walk from the hotel is Rockefeller Center, home to... More
128 West 29th Street Map
Experience the high standards of comfort at the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea that offers luxurious accommodation, gracious outdoor spaces and modern decor. Guests at this... More
Hilton New York offers elegant accommodations conveniently located at the heart of New York near several tourists attractions. Patrons at this chic hotel can stroll around Times Square where... More
Easily accessible from New York's airports, Warwick Hotel New York offers friendly atmosphere and personalised services for both business and leisure travellers. The largest train station in the... More
Whether travelling in Big Apple for business or leisure, visitors find convenience and comfortable accommodations at the centrally located Hyatt Place New York Midtown South Hotel. After browsing... More