Daily News Building hotels
Daily News Building
The Daily News Building is an iconic skyscraper situated on East 42nd Street in New York City’s Midtown. The landmark is a must-see for architecture aficionados visiting the Big Apple. This Art Deco-style building stands a staggering 145 metres off the ground and was built in 1930 from a design by notable architects Raymond Hood and John Mead Howells. Up until 1995, the Daily News Building was the home of the New York Daily News, and it may also be recognisable as the inspiration for the Daily Planet building where Superman’s passive alter ego, Clark Kent, worked.
- Explore the lobby of the Daily News Building in New York City, where the largest indoor globe in the world is located and acts as a permanent, up-to-date science exhibit.
- Check out the bas-relief carvings that adorn the entrance to the New York City skyscraper, and see a rendering featuring office workers in rays of sunlight in the Art Deco-style popular in Manhattan at the time.
- Take a walking architecture tour of Manhattan, and take in the architectural gems such as the Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal, just down the street from the Daily News Building.
It is easy to get to the Daily News Building at 220 East 42nd Street using New York City’s efficient and comprehensive public transport system. Grand Central Terminal is two city blocks from the skyscraper and is one of the busiest transport hubs in the city, serving the Hudson Line, Harlem Line, New Haven Line, New Canaan Branch, and Danbury Branch the rail lines and connecting to the 4, 5, 6, 7, and S subway trains. Local buses M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M101, M102, and M103 also stop at the historic station
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
539 hotels near Daily News Building
Edison Hotel New York is a one-stop location for an entertaining as well as relaxing holiday. Visitors can stop by at Rockefeller Center, a complex of buildings that feature shops, restaurants,... More
Hotel35 NYC is central to all NYC has to offer. Including our most celebrated landmarks as well as the best shopping in the world. We are central to many corporate headquarters and are able to... More
Surrounded by Broadway theatres, premier fashion houses, lively nightclubs, shopping and fine New York restaurant, Hilton Times Square is just the place to stay when visiting New York. Its fine... More
Wolcott Hotel New York offers quality accommodation and friendly hospitality to the visitors of New York. It is within walking distance to Rockefeller Center, home to Radio City Music Hall, the... More
128 West 29th Street Map
Experience the high standards of comfort at the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea that offers luxurious accommodation, gracious outdoor spaces and modern decor. Guests at this... More
Offering friendly service, comfortable surroundings and modern accommodation, Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area New York is an ideal vacation spot in New York. Some of the places... More
1568 Broadway Map
With a passion for making every guest feel welcome, the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square New York City offers luxurious accommodation and friendly services to ensure a relaxing stay in New... More
Travellers can experience the rich culture and heritage of New York City at Hotel Mela New York, which offers modern lodging along with convenient transit to the city attractions. Some of the... More
1033 Avenue of the Americas Map
Excellent accommodations, great services coupled with dedicated attention makes guests' stay a pleasurable experience at the Residence Inn By Marriott New York Manhattan Times Square. New York City... More