City Island hotels
In the Long Island Sound is City Island, which has the feel of a small New England town. City Island, however, is not New England but New York City. The island was the centre of much shipbuilding and even now produces Yachts. No less than five Americas Cup winners were constructed here. Yachting is still prominent as there are four yacht clubs active on the island. The island is also famous for its seafood. Fresh caught lobster, fish, and other seafood is served year round in one of its thirty-plus restaurants.
- Eat at the Black Whale, one of the most popular restaurants on City Island and known not only for the seafood but also for its wonderful desserts.
- Explore the City Island Museum, which displays relics from the storied history of this New York City outer island and its nautical past and also sponsors walking tours of the island.
- Visit the Samuel Pell Mansion a short drive from New York City centre, that typifies the architecture of its time and was also the house used to film the movie Arsenic and Old Lace.
City Island is connected to New York City by the City Island Bridge. To get to the island there are several options. If you are taking public transportation the Number 6 Train northbound to Pelham Bay Park is the one you want. You then transfer to City Bus BX 29. Drivers will want to get on 95 North to exit 8b, City Island. After you cross the drawbridge you will see a sign telling you to turn right. The second turn at the traffic circle will take you to the City Island Bridge where you will be at your destination.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
461 hotels near City Island
1776 Eastchester Road Map
Explore the Bronx from the homelike comfort of the brand-new Residence Inn New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium. Situated in the East Bronx, were near such local attractions as Yankee Stadium,... More
Offering superior accommodation as well as stunning blend of welcome, comfort and contemporary style, the Ramada Hotel Bronx is an ideal accommodation base for you to explore the vibrant city of... More
As a desirable business and meetings destination, the Radisson Hotel in New Rochelle with its excellent services and unmatched hospitality makes your stay pleasurable. GeneralRadisson Hotel New... More
Offering exquisite views of the Manhattan skyline and Long Island Sound, Residence Inn By Marriott New Rochelle features personalized service and convenient location. Some of the city attractions... More
18-30 Whitestone Expy Map
Extended Stay America New York City Laguardia Airport Hotel IS DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR LONGER STAYS More
Offering comfortable accommodation and quality services, Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx is an ideal place for a pleasant and enjoyable vacation. Families will appreciate the inn's proximity to... More
Conveniently set in the heart of Bronx city near local points of interests, the simply appointed accommodations of Rodeway Inn Bronx Zoo makes for an ideal retreat for corporate and leisure... More
Cosmopolitan travellers looking for stylish spaces set close to Big Apple tourist destinations find suitable base at Park Central New York. Holidaymakers at this plush New York retreat never miss... More
Offering shared and private accommodations in the heart of the city, The Out NYC makes for a convenient urban haven for discerning travellers looking to explore the vibrant Big Apple. This resort... More