San Francisco's Chinatown is the largest and oldest of its kind outside of Asia, and its culture is so vibrant that visitors may have the sensation of stepping through a magic portal from America to China when they cross into this neighbourhood from adjacent North Beach. Most visitors head straight to Stockton Street, with its famous bustling produce market, and to Grant Avenue, which is bursting with a multitude of Chinese shops and restaurants. Some of the best shopping, however, is found in the alleys of Chinatown such as Pagoda Place, Ross Alley, and Waverly Place.
- Explore Chinese and Chinese-American culture and view fascinating art exhibits displaying work by Chinatown artists at the Chinese Culture Centre.
- View the multitude of shining lanterns at the Taoist Tin Hau Temple and the breathtakingly ornate gold altar in the Norras Temple, which is the oldest Buddhist temple in San Francisco.
- Shop for obscure literati titles in San Francisco's historic City Lights Book Store, located in Jack Kerouac Alley, a fascinating east-meets-west walkway that connects Chinatown to North Beach.
Chinatown is only 24 kilometres from San Francisco International Airport using US-101, and the public transit options at the airport include hired cars, taxis, shuttle buses, and BART light rail trains. Amtrak and Caltrain operate rail stations in the city, and visitors can get around easily using the Muni buses, trolleys, and cable cars. The best ways to get around in Chinatown are on foot or by trolley. Driving can be a challenge as parking is limited, but the main parking garages are on Kearny Street, Vallejo Street, and Clay Street.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (317 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (160 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (193 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
541 hotels near Chinatown
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
Holiday Inn Nyc - Lower East Side invites travellers to comfortable accommodations while in a corporate or leisure trip in the famous New York City. After attending to business matters, visitors at... More
Combining exceptional location and welcoming atmosphere, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown New York is an ideal place for a splendid vacation in New York. GeneralBEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
Hotel On Rivington New York invites corporate and leisure travellers to posh accommodations with convenient services strategically set in the bustling centre of Lower East Side in New York. This... More
Offering unsurpassed services and discriminating ambience, the Tribeca Grand Hotel New York welcomes you for an enticing holiday experience. GeneralThe hotel is in a dynamic downtown neighbourhood... More