A small neighbourhood in New York City’s Manhattan borough known as the Bowery offers visitors a unique opportunity to see the economical resurgence of an area filled to brimming with history. Though the Bowery has a storied past that is often violent and salacious, its current manifestation presents a more attractive location for tourists. Bordered by Little Italy, the Lower East Side and Chinatown, Bowery Street overflows with galleries, lounges, dress shops and restaurants in fewer than ten blocks. The district housed many famous artists and entertainers throughout the years, and now celebrities scoop up penthouses in this reviving neighbourhood.
- Swing by 315 Bowery in New York City to see the now closed but once infamous CBGB punk rock club, where bands like The B-52’s, The Ramones and Talking Heads got their start.
- For a gritty throwback adventure try a night at The Slide. First opened in 1890 as a swaggering gay club, this bar celebrates its impressive and groundbreaking heritage with underwear-only Thursdays.
- A more civilized and intellectual afternoon can be spent at Silo, just off New York City’s Bowery Street, where art collectors with a fine eye can see the exhibits of newly emerging talent.
As is the case with all of New York City it is simple to get anywhere by Subway train. Take the J or Z service to the Bowery station, or opt for the Houston Street stop, both of these options deposit travellers in the thick of the area. Taxicabs are another popular and accessible option, though depending on your starting location this can prove an expensive mode of transport. Most native New Yorkers choose to walk everywhere, and travelling by foot offers the best sightseeing opportunities in the Bowery area.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
525 hotels near Bowery
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
Holiday Inn Nyc - Lower East Side invites travellers to comfortable accommodations while in a corporate or leisure trip in the famous New York City. After attending to business matters, visitors at... More
Courtyard New York Manhattan / Soho Hotel offers inviting comforts and flexible spaces for business and leisure guests visiting Manhattan. This modern hotel places corporate travellers close to... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
Occupying a location amidst renowned attractions, Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is the ideal choice for all travellers. Tourists can visit Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension... More
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
135 E. Houston Street Map
The GEM Hotel in SoHo is part of the Ascend Collection of hotels. It is located near many of the areas best shopping, dining and attractions. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square and... More