A small neighbourhood in New York City’s Manhattan borough known as the Bowery offers visitors a unique opportunity to see the economical resurgence of an area filled to brimming with history. Though the Bowery has a storied past that is often violent and salacious, its current manifestation presents a more attractive location for tourists. Bordered by Little Italy, the Lower East Side and Chinatown, Bowery Street overflows with galleries, lounges, dress shops and restaurants in fewer than ten blocks. The district housed many famous artists and entertainers throughout the years, and now celebrities scoop up penthouses in this reviving neighbourhood.
- Swing by 315 Bowery in New York City to see the now closed but once infamous CBGB punk rock club, where bands like The B-52’s, The Ramones and Talking Heads got their start.
- For a gritty throwback adventure try a night at The Slide. First opened in 1890 as a swaggering gay club, this bar celebrates its impressive and groundbreaking heritage with underwear-only Thursdays.
- A more civilized and intellectual afternoon can be spent at Silo, just off New York City’s Bowery Street, where art collectors with a fine eye can see the exhibits of newly emerging talent.
As is the case with all of New York City it is simple to get anywhere by Subway train. Take the J or Z service to the Bowery station, or opt for the Houston Street stop, both of these options deposit travellers in the thick of the area. Taxicabs are another popular and accessible option, though depending on your starting location this can prove an expensive mode of transport. Most native New Yorkers choose to walk everywhere, and travelling by foot offers the best sightseeing opportunities in the Bowery area.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
539 hotels near Bowery
95 Henry Street Map
Providing tasteful accommodations and central location, Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers looking to discover the wonders... More
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
Boasting close proximity to Eldridge Street Synagogue, a place of worship for a Jewish congregation, Sohotel New York offers contemporary design blended with simple elegance for a comfortable stay.... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
The Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo is located in Soho, one of New York's most popular neighbourhoods. Guests of the hotel are close to boutiques, upscale restaurants, galleries and museums. Some of the... More
Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel New York welcomes guests to experience an enjoyable vacation in the heart of the City that Never Sleeps. Tourists can visit Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension... More
Occupying a location amidst renowned attractions, Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is the ideal choice for all travellers. Tourists can visit Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension... More
135 E. Houston Street Map
The GEM Hotel in SoHo is part of the Ascend Collection of hotels. It is located near many of the areas best shopping, dining and attractions. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square and... More