African Burial Ground hotels
African Burial Ground
As a monument commemorating the burial site of over 15,000 free and enslaved Africans, the African Burial Ground in New York City stands as a reminder of the sacrifices made for, and the origin of, much of the city’s early development. The site commemorates an important part of history, and reminds the wider world of some of the experiences people of African descent had to suffer in America. Located just a few metres from the New York City Department of Education and City Hall, it is a daily reminder to the city’s employees that humility and humanity are essential for growth.
- Learn all about the many contributions made by people of African descent at the African Burial Ground Memorial, where park rangers offer tours and lectures; check the website for dates and times, as schedules adapt to weather conditions.
- Explore the four exhibit areas inside the memorial in New York City, which include a theatre, bookstore, and educational presentations as well as commemorative artwork.
- Walk the wider area around the burial area; New York City Hall is only steps away, as is the serene and relaxing Thomas Paine Park, the Heartland Brewery, and Imagination Playground.
Because of its location on the lower side of New York City, the African Burial Ground is extremely accessible. New York’s public transportation is super-efficient, with a web of inexpensive network of buses and trains. The subway is the best method to reach the monument; the closest station is at Chambers Street, it services the J and Z trains. Also, close by is the City Hall Station at the Brooklyn Bridge, with trains 4, 5, and 6. Though the subway is the most popular form of transit, taxis are also readily available, if more expensive.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
538 hotels near African Burial Ground
The GEM Hotel in SoHo is part of the Ascend Collection of hotels. It is located near many of the areas best shopping, dining and attractions. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square and... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
170 Broadway Map
Newly opened January 2015. Our building is a historic preservation most famously known for being in the heart of the Jewelry district circa 1903. Originally occupied by the American Gemstone of... More
World Center Hotel New York offers unique atmosphere, warm hospitality and modern facilities. Visitors can explore the Empire State Building, which is a famous skyscraper, shop at the Fifth Avenue,... More
Placed in one of most populous urban areas in the world, Eurostars Wall Street Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel in New York offers highly specialized products and services in pleasant atmosphere. The... More
Located in New York's financial district, the Club Quarters World Trade Center offers comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travellers. Visitors have easy access to Wall Street, the... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, Club Quarters, Downtown is a good choice of accommodation, while visiting New York. The property's pleasant ambience and friendly service makes it... More
As the only hotel actually located on Wall Street, the Andaz Wall Street A Hyatt Hotel New York is ideal for business travellers and those in search of a Lower Manhattan travel experience. No more... More