African Burial Ground hotels
African Burial Ground
As a monument commemorating the burial site of over 15,000 free and enslaved Africans, the African Burial Ground in New York City stands as a reminder of the sacrifices made for, and the origin of, much of the city’s early development. The site commemorates an important part of history, and reminds the wider world of some of the experiences people of African descent had to suffer in America. Located just a few metres from the New York City Department of Education and City Hall, it is a daily reminder to the city’s employees that humility and humanity are essential for growth.
- Learn all about the many contributions made by people of African descent at the African Burial Ground Memorial, where park rangers offer tours and lectures; check the website for dates and times, as schedules adapt to weather conditions.
- Explore the four exhibit areas inside the memorial in New York City, which include a theatre, bookstore, and educational presentations as well as commemorative artwork.
- Walk the wider area around the burial area; New York City Hall is only steps away, as is the serene and relaxing Thomas Paine Park, the Heartland Brewery, and Imagination Playground.
Because of its location on the lower side of New York City, the African Burial Ground is extremely accessible. New York’s public transportation is super-efficient, with a web of inexpensive network of buses and trains. The subway is the best method to reach the monument; the closest station is at Chambers Street, it services the J and Z trains. Also, close by is the City Hall Station at the Brooklyn Bridge, with trains 4, 5, and 6. Though the subway is the most popular form of transit, taxis are also readily available, if more expensive.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
540 hotels near African Burial Ground
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
Occupying a location amidst renowned attractions, Four Points By Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village is the ideal choice for all travellers. Tourists can visit Brooklyn Bridge, the longest suspension... More
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
Combining exceptional location and welcoming atmosphere, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown New York is an ideal place for a splendid vacation in New York. GeneralBEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca New York City makes for an ideal base for travellers looking to explore The City That Never Sleeps. This chic... More
Placed in one of most populous urban areas in the world, Eurostars Wall Street Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel in New York offers highly specialized products and services in pleasant atmosphere. The... More
Holiday Inn Nyc - Lower East Side invites travellers to comfortable accommodations while in a corporate or leisure trip in the famous New York City. After attending to business matters, visitors at... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More