African Burial Ground hotels
African Burial Ground
As a monument commemorating the burial site of over 15,000 free and enslaved Africans, the African Burial Ground in New York City stands as a reminder of the sacrifices made for, and the origin of, much of the city’s early development. The site commemorates an important part of history, and reminds the wider world of some of the experiences people of African descent had to suffer in America. Located just a few metres from the New York City Department of Education and City Hall, it is a daily reminder to the city’s employees that humility and humanity are essential for growth.
- Learn all about the many contributions made by people of African descent at the African Burial Ground Memorial, where park rangers offer tours and lectures; check the website for dates and times, as schedules adapt to weather conditions.
- Explore the four exhibit areas inside the memorial in New York City, which include a theatre, bookstore, and educational presentations as well as commemorative artwork.
- Walk the wider area around the burial area; New York City Hall is only steps away, as is the serene and relaxing Thomas Paine Park, the Heartland Brewery, and Imagination Playground.
Because of its location on the lower side of New York City, the African Burial Ground is extremely accessible. New York’s public transportation is super-efficient, with a web of inexpensive network of buses and trains. The subway is the best method to reach the monument; the closest station is at Chambers Street, it services the J and Z trains. Also, close by is the City Hall Station at the Brooklyn Bridge, with trains 4, 5, and 6. Though the subway is the most popular form of transit, taxis are also readily available, if more expensive.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (322 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (200 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
539 hotels near African Burial Ground
95 Henry Street Map
Providing tasteful accommodations and central location, Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers looking to discover the wonders... More
Boasting close proximity to Eldridge Street Synagogue, a place of worship for a Jewish congregation, Sohotel New York offers contemporary design blended with simple elegance for a comfortable stay.... More
159 Grand Street Map
The Solita Soho Hotel An Ascend Collection Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and friendly services to the visitors of New York. It is within a short driving distance from Brooklyn Bridge, the... More
Surrounded by many boutiques, world-class art galleries, award-winning restaurants and New York nightlife, Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca provides an ideal setting for an enjoyable vacation. It... More
The Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo is located in Soho, one of New York's most popular neighbourhoods. Guests of the hotel are close to boutiques, upscale restaurants, galleries and museums. Some of the... More
Offering contemporary services and amenities, Wyndham Garden Chinatown is a modern business-friendly hotel in the Big Apple. Situated in the heart of bustling Chinatown, the hotel is an ideal... More
Offering a combination of comfort and convenience, Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. This property is well connected with city... More
Welcome to the world's tallest Holiday Inn! Discover elegant luxury and beautiful city views when you stay at the Holiday Inn ® Manhattan – Financial District. Centered in the heart New York City,... More
As the only hotel actually located on Wall Street, the Andaz Wall Street A Hyatt Hotel New York is ideal for business travellers and those in search of a Lower Manhattan travel experience. No more... More