The celebrities on the Las Vegas Strip are not the only stars that tourists should look out for. Giving visitors a closer look at outer space including the moon, stars and planets, the Planetarium of Community College of Southern Nevada is one attraction that is suitable for all ages. The Planetarium features four high definition giant domed screens, and a high-tech video projection system to display clear video presentations about outer space and related phenomena. As the only interplanetary observatory in Nevada open to the public, it is the perfect family entertainment destination.
- Watch one of the special movie programs offered in the Planetarium, to experience full dome virtual reality displays, and learn more about astronomical cycles and events, and their effects on various civilizations' history and culture.
- Visit the student observatory and grab the opportunity to look through its powerful telescopes and get closer views of the constellations visible in the vast Las Vegas sky.
- Drop by the only Astronomy Store in Las Vegas, and be treated to a wide selection of planetary books, science toys, rocket models, posters, souvenirs and other astronomical items.
The Planetarium is specifically located within the Cheyenne Campus of the Community College of Southern Nevada, which is on East Cheyenne Avenue, North Las Vegas. The avenue can be found one mile east of the I-15 highway. Visitors to the Planetarium can hire a metered taxi service, which is available all over the Nevada region. Alternatively, the RTC (Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada) also operates three bus rapid transit routes that stop near the Cheyenne Campus. These three regular routes include Eastern (110), Pecos / Green Valley Pkwy (111), and Cheyenne (218).
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
183 hotels near Planetarium
Featuring a wide variety of table games and full-pay machines, Cannery Casino Hotel Las Vegas sets a welcoming Las Vegas casino ambiance for budget travellers. After placing bets and playing a few... More
Whether you come to Las Vegas for business or pleasure, this BEST WESTERN PLUS North Las Vegas Hotel offers all the convenient facilities, in a friendly atmosphere to make your stay a memorable... More
Whether travelling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Inn North provides ideal accommodations and friendly customer service to everyone visiting the North Las Vegas area. GeneralA well... More
Featuring classic elegance, luxurious accommodation and an unsurpassed service, Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway makes you to enjoy all the privileges, for an unforgettable stay. GeneralThe... More
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis is a luxurious property offering the guests all the modern facilities and features required for a memorable stay. GeneralFor the business travellers, 2 meeting rooms... More
Assuring comfortable accommodation blended with quality service, this hotel makes you to enjoy all the privileges for an unforgettable stay. GeneralThis property offers well-equipped meeting room... More
The next time your travels bring you to exciting Las Vegas, the Comfort Inn and Suites hotel offers you the perfect place to stay. GeneralFor your workout sessions you can visit the gymnasium and... More
Offering recreation facilities and chic accommodations set within easy access to must-see local attractions, Downtown Grand An Ascend Hotel Collection Member makes for an ideal base for travellers... More
Possibly the best kept secret in all of Las Vegas, set in the splendor of the Victorian era is the Main Street Station Hotel, CasinoAnd Brewery.Guests must be 21 years of age or older. A Refundable... More