Hoover Dam hotels
Located right next to Sin City, also known as the Entertainment Capital of the World, lies the Hoover Dam, which borders not only Las Vegas but the Black Canyon of the Colorado River along Nevada’s sprawling deserts. Once named Boulder Dam for its proximity to Boulder City, and later dedicated to President Franklin Roosevelt in September of 1935, the Hoover Dam stands over 700 ft. tall and cost over forty million dollars to build. The dam was named in honour of President Herbert Hoover and is a major tourist attraction with nearly a million people visiting its breathtaking facade every year.
- Admire the arch bridge known as the Hoover Dam Bypass opened in October 2010, located 48 kilometres from Las Vegas within the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
- Explore Boulder City’s various beautiful sights, including the Municipal Golf Course, the Boulder Creek Golf Course, a city pool, and a racquetball complex that houses tennis courts, athletic fields, and BMX bicycle tracks.
- Visit Hansen’s dedication located in the Nevada abutment and see the bronze sculpture known as the Winged Figures of the Republic.
Take I-40 through Arizona then head north towards Las Vegas on the US-93 before finally changing to the I-15, which will take you to the Lake Mead National Recreation Area as well as Boulder City. Travelling by car, might, however, prove to be slow-going, even for this desert area. Greyhound, LuxBus, and Starline Tours operate bus services between various parts of Arizona, Nevada, and California, which might provide a preferable alternative. McCarran International Airport services domestic and international flights to the area and offers taxis, CAT Buses, and Amtrak stations that operate between a number of destinations including Los Angeles, New Mexico, and San Francisco.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
190 hotels near Hoover Dam
Quality Inn Boulder City Hotel invites business and leisure travellers to comfortable and affordable accommodations set in a laid-back city in southern Nevada. While in Boulder City, tourists can... More
Nestled on 25 acres of direct waterfront, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa is a Moroccan inspired resort surrounded by natural wonders such as Lake Mead, the Valley of Fire and Hoover Dam. ... More
Right by the beautiful Lake Las Vegas, Ravella At Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson makes for an ideal base for holidaymakers looking for Mediterranean-style accomodations and friendly services while... More
Providing elegant and contemporary accommodations set in a Mediterranean-styled property, Aston MonteLago Village Resort makes for an ideal base for visitors in Metropolitan Las Vegas. Travellers... More
Whether you are on business purpose or looking for a relaxing vacation, Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Las Vegas Henderson offers the comfort and value that both business travellers and families look... More
Combining comfort, convenience and friendly service, this property welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralThis property provides services such as wireless internet access and fax for... More
Featuring posh accommodations and an array of leisure facilities and activities, Treasure Island Hotel Las Vegas makes for an ideal holiday destination in Sin City. While on a Las Vegas holiday,... More
With plush amenities and entertainment options on the vibrant Las Vegas Strip, Excalibur Hotel and Casino makes for a suitable base for travellers visiting Sin City. Holidaymakers catch movies at... More
Boasting a pyramid-shaped structure, posh accommodations and various entertainment opportunities, Luxor Hotel and Casino makes for an ideal holiday destination in Vegas. Apart from having fun at... More