Atlantic City hotels
Atlantic City Rundown
Atlantic City in New Jersey is always turned on. Just like the perfect lover, this town knows how to get you hot, and when to play hard to get. From the excitement of the many casinos to the fun spectacle of the world’s longest wooden Boardwalk, there is something to keep you amused wherever you look. If you’re in it for the money, you won’t have to walk far to find somewhere to sit and lay down your bets. But if spinning the wheel doesn’t turn you on, you’ll find plenty of thrills and diversions in Atlantic City that don’t depend on the turn of a friendly card.
Atlantic City’s nightlife never ends. From dusk until dawn, the neon lights flash frenetically, signaling to young and old alike to come and join in the fun. There’s a wide range of both adult entertainment and family-friendly amusements to keep you and the kids busy. Visit the Trumps Taj Mahal Casino and try your luck, then take a break and see where all of those Monopoly street names came from! Spend an hour or two under the Boardwalk, out of the sun, and fall in love, then put your makeup on, fix your hair and meet someone special tonight in Atlantic City!
Atlantic City’s Top 10
10. Try a cheese steak sub at the White House Subs Shop and find out the true meaning of gastronomy!
5. Climb the historic Absecon Lighthouse and get an unparalleled 360° view of New Jersey.
9. Pamper your body and soul at the Immersion Spa, in the Water Club Hotel and get some multiple massage modalities happening.
4. Make a splash at the Atlantic City Aquarium. Get a close-up look at what’s underwater off the coast of Atlantic City.
8. Visit the Noyes Museum of Art in Oceanville for a dash of culture, and get the kids interested at the Creation Station.
3. Climb up to the howdah on Lucy the Elephan, a unique Historic National Landmark.
7. Take the family to Island Beach State Park and check out what nature has to offer in Atlantic City.
2. Blow a little cash at one of the many Casinos in Atlantic City, and feel what it’s like to be a high roller.
6. Amuse yourself at the Steel Pier Amusement Park, and take a thrilling Helicopter Ride to experience Atlantic City like you’ve never seen it before.
1. Take a walk on The Boardwalk, or if it’s too far,flag down a Rolling Chair and take a slow ride with the one you love.
Atlantic City History
- Absecon Lighthouse - One of the oldest lighthouses in the country; you can walk up to the top.
- Atlantic City Boardwalk - Built in 1870, but still the place to go when you are in Atlantic City.
- Garden Pier - The home of the Atlantic City Museum.
- Lucy the Margate Elephant - A large, wooden elephant listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Atlantic City Historical Museum - Get an entertaining overview of Atlantic City's history.
Atlantic City Art & Culture
- Atlantic City Convention Centre - The Miss America Pageant is no longer held there, but it still has events and shows worth seeing.
- Atlantic City Art Centre - View works by local and regional artists.
- Civil Rights Garden - Dedicated to heroes of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Noyes Museum of Art - A fascinating mixture of fine art and folk art.
- Lifeguard Art Photo Gallery - Photographs of lifeguards and their beaches.
Atlantic City Shopping
- Atlantic City Outlets, The Walk - An outlet mall that offers moderate to upscale merchandise.
- Piers Shops at Caesar - Enjoy the water show while you browse the high-end shops.
- Atlantic City Premium Outlets - Within walking distance of the casinos, so you can spend your winnings there.
- Quarter at Tropicana - An upscale shopping centre is also the centre of the excitement.
- Waterfront Shops at Harrah's - Take time from the resort to shop these unique stores.
Gay & Lesbian Atlantic City
- Westside Bar and Grille - Bills itself as the best alternative lifestyle spot in town.
- The Chelsea - A gay-friendly hotel with restaurants and bars for your amusement.
- Prohibitions Gay Nightclub - A newer club that promises a good time for all.
- Carrisbrooke Bed and Breakfast Inn - Enjoy the ocean view and a free glass of wine at happy hour.
- The Water Club by Borgata - A spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and entertainment.
Atlantic City Outdoors
- Steel Pier - Claims that it has the largest go-kart track in New Jersey.
- Atlantic City Beaches - It is easy to forget that this casino city was and is a beach resort.
- Atlantic City Mini Golf - The kids especially will love playing mini golf.
- Atlantic County Park at Weymouth - Get out of the city and back to nature.
- Cape May County Park and Zoo - See the animals, walk the park, have a picnic lunch.
Atlantic City Sports
- Surf at three of the city's beaches; lessons are available.
- Kayak along the waves.
- Ride your bike along the boardwalk for a great way to start the day.
- Fish off the pier with no license requirement.
- Golf at the great courses in Atlantic City.
Atlantic City Events
New Year’s Day hosts the First Day At The Beach at Ocean City Music Pier, so grab your togs and be sure to bring a towel!
If you’re staying until later in the month, get out to the Gambler's Classic Indoor Auto Racingevent at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and watch the thrills and spills as they happen!
In February, go clawhammer crazy at the annual Ocean County Bluegrass Festival at Albert Music Hall in Waretown, just to the north.
Get to the International Power Boat Show hosted by the Atlantic City Convention Center and check out the latest in speed and style on the water.
In March the Atlantic City Convention Center hosts the Recreational Vehicle Show. Have a look under the hood at this annual exposition.
Later in the month join in the Celebration of the Suds at the Atlantic City Beer Festival at the same venue, and take home a six-pack or two.
In April, do the Double Axel and a few Figure 8s at the Champions on Ice figure skating exhibition at the First Union Center in nearby Philadelphia.
In June in Elmer, NJ, get some local music in your bones at the Farm Arts and Music Festival and check out the crafts while you’re there.
Celebrate Independence Day on the Fourth of July at the Baby Parade at nearby Tuckerton Seaport.
In August, it’s culture time! Get out to the New Jersey Arts Annual: Craft at the Noyes Museum of Art in Oceanville.
September hosts the Rotary Seafood Festival back at Tuckerton Seaport and in October catch the Atlantique City Holiday Megafair at the Convention Center in Atlantic City and get into the best arts, crafts and antiques.
November in Atlantic City is time to sample some fine wines at the Women in Wine Festival, hosted by the Borgata Hotel and Casino.
Celebrate Christmas with a Cape May Christmas Candlelight House Tour while you’re waiting for Santa to arrive.
When To Go
Atlantic City has a humid subtropical climate, so it’s warm in the summer, getting up to around 84°F (27°C) in July at its hottest, and down to a low of around 29°F (-2°C) in January.
Precipitation averages around 75mm most of the year, but climbs to about 100mm in August and falls to 65mm in June, the driest month of the year.
The warm summers make it a great time to hit the beach, but any time of the year is great for entertainment in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Atlantic City International Airport is located around 15 km from Absecon Island, and hosts two local airlines, Air-Tran and Spirit airlines, with direct flights to Boston, Atlanta and Florida airports for hassle-free international connections.
Getting around Atlantic City is a breeze. You can walk to most places, or take a Rolling Chair along the boardwalk. Taxi fares are reasonable and have a cap for anywhere in the city you’d like to go. The Jitney bus service has four routes to various casinos, and you can hire a personal scooter for getting around the boardwalk area.
Your hotel booking club!
Hear about our best travel deals first when you sign up for our emails!
777 Harrahs Blvd Map
Save 10% + $10 Food Credit + Coupon Book!
Whether in Atlantic City for a business trip or a much-awaited vacation, travellers find an ideal base in the top-notch accommodations and quality services of Harrah's Resort Atlantic City. While... More
Wouldn't go back
2100 Pacific Avenue Map
Save 10% + $10 Food Credit + Coupon Book!
Featuring inviting accommodations with top-of-the-line facilities, quality services and an ideal Atlantic City boardwalk location, Caesars Casino and Hotel creates a fitting retreat for savvy... More
Decent Hotel and Casino
Brighton Avenue and the Boardwalk Map
Tropicana Casino and Resort Atlantic City is on the East Coast, inviting you to indulge and experience the Atlantic City hotels at their finest. GeneralTropicana Casino and Resort offer the most... More
Resorts Atlantic City welcomes business and leisure travellers to comfortable accommodations and entertainment venues right by the beach in Atlantic City. Guests at this casino hotel can stroll... More
The Claridge Hotel Atlantic City has comfortably furnished accommodations housed in a Manhattanesque skyscraper set in the heart of Atlantic City boardwalk. This New Jersey hotel also places... More
Trump Taj Mahal Hotel invites holidaymakers to a stylish retreat with an array of dining options and entertainment facilities in this lively New Jersey metropolitan. While on an Atlantic City... More
It was ok.
Vacationers looking for a beach vacation in this part of New Jersey find ideal base at the plush and elegant accommodations with resort-style services of The Annex At The Chelsea Atlantic City... More
Very bad hotel, do not book even they agree on half price
Savvy travellers looking for chic and cosy accommodations within convenient distance from Atlantic City go-to sites find an ideal base in the stylish boutique-style spaces of The Chelsea Atlantic... More
On the boardwalk!
1900 Pacific Avenue Map
Save 10% + $10 Food Credit + Coupon Book!
Featuring an inviting fusion of comfort and convenience, Bally's Atlantic City creates an ideal base for discerning travellers exploring Atlantic City. While in this part of New Jersey, vacationers... More
Great vaca spot