Preservation Hall hotels
Snuggled in a dark corner in the French Quarter of New Orleans is the historic Preservation Hall, a famous jazz house with its origins in the 1960s as an art gallery. The unassuming appearance belies its popularity, as every night hundreds of people line up to hear the musicians play, often with standing-room the only option. Tickets are inexpensive and amenities extremely limited to non-existent, but it typifies the “Big Easy” experience. Visitors should come early to hear pre-show music in line, and they are encouraged to grab a beignet at Café du Monde before arriving.
- The French Quarter of New Orleans is filled to the brim with shops and restaurants bursting with character, especially GW Fins, which boasts some of the best gumbo in Louisiana.
- The historic architecture of Preservation Hall and its surrounding neighbours can make for fascinating sightseeing during the day, so grab the whole family (or find somebody) and wander the streets of New Orleans for an inexpensive but enjoyable excursion.
- The night does not have to end when the music is over—carry on the evening with some energizing refreshments at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon Street.
Luckily for tourists, New Orleans and especially the French Quarter are notoriously walkable, with many of the most debauched happenings occurring on Bourbon Street, perpendicular to St. Peter St., the site of Preservation Hall. Many visitors like to utilize taxis and public transportation as heavy drinking is common. The Riverfront Streetcar services the entire edge of the French Quarter along the Mississippi River. Several bus routes traverse the interior of the district and serve all the neighbourhoods of New Orleans quickly and efficiently.
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter invites travellers on business or leisure trips to affordable and stylish accommodations set in the historic French Quarter in this Louisiana metropolis.... More
Hotel Monteleone welcomes travellers to a historic and stylish retreat set in the heritage-rich French Quarter. Holidaymakers at this New Orleans property can easily explore entertainment... More
344 Camp Street Map
Completely reimagined for 2014 - Newly renovated.
Capturing the charming atmosphere of early 1900's found in the city of New Orleans, Q & C Hotel/Bar is a perfect get away where you can experience the warmth and graciousness of the staff. ... More
Great stay in New Orleans
With modern and cosy spaces centrally located in the historic French Quarter, Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers in the vibrant city of New... More
Being an ideal place in the city of New Orleans, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside hotel offers a warm welcome, pleasant ambience and convenient facilities to make your stay a memorable one. ... More
New Orleans by the river
821 Gravier Street Map
Save 20% on your stay
Whether in New Orleans, Louisiana for a business trip or a much-awaited break, discerning travellers find a fitting base in the comfortable and conveniently located accommodations of Hilton Garden... More
French Market Inn invites tourists to charming accommodations with an old-world colonial ambience in the heart of the famous Louisiana old district. The central location of this New Orleans hotel... More
Comfortable hotel in awesome location
With modern accommodations housed in a historic structure set in the famous French Quarter, Inn on St. Ann offers tourists relaxing accommodations and easy access to key attractions in the old... More
Set in one of the oldest properties in the historic French Quarter, Inn On Ursulines New Orleans makes for a cosy stay for discerning travellers looking for comfort within the old world wonders of... More
Travellers looking to explore the sights and sounds of the Birthplace of Jazz book a stay in the conveniently located accommodations of Inn on St. Peter. This traditional hotel in the French... More
Refine your search
- Bourbon Street hotels
- Jackson Square hotels
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum hotels
- Entergy IMAX Theater hotels
- Aquarium of The Americas hotels
- American Aquatic Gardens hotels
- New Orleans School of Glass Works hotels
- Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk hotels
- Louisiana State Museum hotels
- Algiers Point hotels
- Contemporary Arts Center hotels
- Mercedes Benz Superdome hotels