Preservation Hall hotels
Snuggled in a dark corner in the French Quarter of New Orleans is the historic Preservation Hall, a famous jazz house with its origins in the 1960s as an art gallery. The unassuming appearance belies its popularity, as every night hundreds of people line up to hear the musicians play, often with standing-room the only option. Tickets are inexpensive and amenities extremely limited to non-existent, but it typifies the “Big Easy” experience. Visitors should come early to hear pre-show music in line, and they are encouraged to grab a beignet at Café du Monde before arriving.
- The French Quarter of New Orleans is filled to the brim with shops and restaurants bursting with character, especially GW Fins, which boasts some of the best gumbo in Louisiana.
- The historic architecture of Preservation Hall and its surrounding neighbours can make for fascinating sightseeing during the day, so grab the whole family (or find somebody) and wander the streets of New Orleans for an inexpensive but enjoyable excursion.
- The night does not have to end when the music is over—carry on the evening with some energizing refreshments at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon Street.
Luckily for tourists, New Orleans and especially the French Quarter are notoriously walkable, with many of the most debauched happenings occurring on Bourbon Street, perpendicular to St. Peter St., the site of Preservation Hall. Many visitors like to utilize taxis and public transportation as heavy drinking is common. The Riverfront Streetcar services the entire edge of the French Quarter along the Mississippi River. Several bus routes traverse the interior of the district and serve all the neighbourhoods of New Orleans quickly and efficiently.
With modern and cosy spaces centrally located in the historic French Quarter, Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers in the vibrant city of New... More
Blending personalised service and cosmopolitan atmosphere, the Harrah's New Orleans Casino and Hotel caters to the needs of the discerning business and leisure travelers. GeneralHarrah's New... More
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter invites travellers on business or leisure trips to affordable and stylish accommodations set in the historic French Quarter in this Louisiana metropolis.... More
Offering warm welcome, high standards of comfort as well as excellent service, this modern style property is an oasis of relaxation amid the excitement of the French Quarter and provides an... More
TheCourtyard New Orleans Downtown Iberville Hotel is a historic Vieux Carre hotel, where the gracious Southern decor of the old world blends easily with all the modern world amenities you would... More
The historic Le Pavillon Hotel New Orleans invites business and leisure travellers to royal-themed accommodations with timeless decor and priceless fittings conveniently situated in the heart of... More
A good place to stay
535 Tchoupitoulas Street Map
Includes Free Wireless Internet
Ambassador Hotel New Orleans offers simply appointed spaces set near business and entertainment venues to travellers visiting New Orleans. This historic hotel places patrons within easy access to... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities, the Sheraton Hotel New Orleans provides you with all of the quality amenities to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralGet a... More
Hotel Monteleone welcomes travellers to a historic and stylish retreat set in the heritage-rich French Quarter. Holidaymakers at this New Orleans property can easily explore entertainment... More
Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne Hotel New Orleans invites travellers to a fusion of historic charm and modern comforts in downtown New Orleans. This cosy Louisiana hotel is set amidst... More
great mid range hotel in French Quarter
Refine your search
- Bourbon Street hotels
- Jackson Square hotels
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum hotels
- Entergy IMAX Theater hotels
- Aquarium of The Americas hotels
- American Aquatic Gardens hotels
- New Orleans School of Glass Works hotels
- Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk hotels
- Louisiana State Museum hotels
- Algiers Point hotels
- Contemporary Arts Center hotels
- Mercedes Benz Superdome hotels