Preservation Hall hotels
Snuggled in a dark corner in the French Quarter of New Orleans is the historic Preservation Hall, a famous jazz house with its origins in the 1960s as an art gallery. The unassuming appearance belies its popularity, as every night hundreds of people line up to hear the musicians play, often with standing-room the only option. Tickets are inexpensive and amenities extremely limited to non-existent, but it typifies the “Big Easy” experience. Visitors should come early to hear pre-show music in line, and they are encouraged to grab a beignet at Café du Monde before arriving.
- The French Quarter of New Orleans is filled to the brim with shops and restaurants bursting with character, especially GW Fins, which boasts some of the best gumbo in Louisiana.
- The historic architecture of Preservation Hall and its surrounding neighbours can make for fascinating sightseeing during the day, so grab the whole family (or find somebody) and wander the streets of New Orleans for an inexpensive but enjoyable excursion.
- The night does not have to end when the music is over—carry on the evening with some energizing refreshments at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon Street.
Luckily for tourists, New Orleans and especially the French Quarter are notoriously walkable, with many of the most debauched happenings occurring on Bourbon Street, perpendicular to St. Peter St., the site of Preservation Hall. Many visitors like to utilize taxis and public transportation as heavy drinking is common. The Riverfront Streetcar services the entire edge of the French Quarter along the Mississippi River. Several bus routes traverse the interior of the district and serve all the neighbourhoods of New Orleans quickly and efficiently.
Whether you choose the New Orleans Marriott for business or leisure, you are bound to be impressed by the friendly, professional service and an unremarkable attention to detail that has made the... More
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter invites travellers on business or leisure trips to affordable and stylish accommodations set in the historic French Quarter in this Louisiana metropolis.... More
Hotel Monteleone welcomes travellers to a historic and stylish retreat set in the heritage-rich French Quarter. Holidaymakers at this New Orleans property can easily explore entertainment... More
300 Poydras St Map
Rate includes $25 USD food & beverage credit
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, Loews New Orleans Hotel welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation, overlooking the river. GeneralWith 17,000 square feet of flexible functional... More
With modern and cosy spaces centrally located in the historic French Quarter, Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers in the vibrant city of New... More
TheCourtyard New Orleans Downtown Iberville Hotel is a historic Vieux Carre hotel, where the gracious Southern decor of the old world blends easily with all the modern world amenities you would... More
Rate includes breakfast
From the romantic French Quarter to the never-ending party on Bourbon Street, the Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter keeps you perfectly situated to enjoy the best of the... More
Hyatt Regency New Orleans Hotel offers an urban base with elegant accommodations suited for chic business and leisure travellers exploring the birthplace of Jazz. While in New Orleans, tourists can... More
Assuring courteous service and quality amenities, the Westin New Orleans Canal Place prides itself as an ideal location for business and leisure travellers. GeneralFor business meetings, seminars,... More
Refine your search
- Bourbon Street hotels
- Jackson Square hotels
- New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum hotels
- Entergy IMAX Theater hotels
- Aquarium of The Americas hotels
- American Aquatic Gardens hotels
- New Orleans School of Glass Works hotels
- Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk hotels
- Louisiana State Museum hotels
- Algiers Point hotels
- Contemporary Arts Center hotels
- Mercedes Benz Superdome hotels