Preservation Hall hotels
Snuggled in a dark corner in the French Quarter of New Orleans is the historic Preservation Hall, a famous jazz house with its origins in the 1960s as an art gallery. The unassuming appearance belies its popularity, as every night hundreds of people line up to hear the musicians play, often with standing-room the only option. Tickets are inexpensive and amenities extremely limited to non-existent, but it typifies the “Big Easy” experience. Visitors should come early to hear pre-show music in line, and they are encouraged to grab a beignet at Café du Monde before arriving.
- The French Quarter of New Orleans is filled to the brim with shops and restaurants bursting with character, especially GW Fins, which boasts some of the best gumbo in Louisiana.
- The historic architecture of Preservation Hall and its surrounding neighbours can make for fascinating sightseeing during the day, so grab the whole family (or find somebody) and wander the streets of New Orleans for an inexpensive but enjoyable excursion.
- The night does not have to end when the music is over—carry on the evening with some energizing refreshments at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon Street.
Luckily for tourists, New Orleans and especially the French Quarter are notoriously walkable, with many of the most debauched happenings occurring on Bourbon Street, perpendicular to St. Peter St., the site of Preservation Hall. Many visitors like to utilize taxis and public transportation as heavy drinking is common. The Riverfront Streetcar services the entire edge of the French Quarter along the Mississippi River. Several bus routes traverse the interior of the district and serve all the neighbourhoods of New Orleans quickly and efficiently.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
155 hotels near Preservation Hall
Hotel Royal-French Quarter takes customers to the olden times with comfortable and cosy accommodations housed in an 1827 Creole Townhouse set in the old French Quarter. While on a New Orleans... More
Hotel Monteleone welcomes travellers to a historic and stylish retreat set in the heritage-rich French Quarter. Holidaymakers at this New Orleans property can easily explore entertainment... More
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter invites travellers on business or leisure trips to affordable and stylish accommodations set in the historic French Quarter in this Louisiana metropolis.... More
Surrounded by the privacy and comfort of a refined New Orleans southern lifestyle, the Hotel Le Marais is just the place for those seeking tranquillity blended with the comforts of home. ... More
Being an ideal place in the city of New Orleans, the Hilton New Orleans Riverside hotel offers a warm welcome, pleasant ambience and convenient facilities to make your stay a memorable one. ... More
Secluded in privacy, yet very easily accessible, Hotel Mazarin is a luxury French Quarter hotel offering you well-appointed accommodation and services to give you an experience of a lifetime. ... More
With modern and cosy spaces centrally located in the historic French Quarter, Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers in the vibrant city of New... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities, the Sheraton Hotel New Orleans provides you with all of the quality amenities to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralGet a... More
Offering warm welcome, high standards of comfort as well as excellent service, this modern style property is an oasis of relaxation amid the excitement of the French Quarter and provides an... More