Preservation Hall hotels
Snuggled in a dark corner in the French Quarter of New Orleans is the historic Preservation Hall, a famous jazz house with its origins in the 1960s as an art gallery. The unassuming appearance belies its popularity, as every night hundreds of people line up to hear the musicians play, often with standing-room the only option. Tickets are inexpensive and amenities extremely limited to non-existent, but it typifies the “Big Easy” experience. Visitors should come early to hear pre-show music in line, and they are encouraged to grab a beignet at Café du Monde before arriving.
- The French Quarter of New Orleans is filled to the brim with shops and restaurants bursting with character, especially GW Fins, which boasts some of the best gumbo in Louisiana.
- The historic architecture of Preservation Hall and its surrounding neighbours can make for fascinating sightseeing during the day, so grab the whole family (or find somebody) and wander the streets of New Orleans for an inexpensive but enjoyable excursion.
- The night does not have to end when the music is over—carry on the evening with some energizing refreshments at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop on Bourbon Street.
Luckily for tourists, New Orleans and especially the French Quarter are notoriously walkable, with many of the most debauched happenings occurring on Bourbon Street, perpendicular to St. Peter St., the site of Preservation Hall. Many visitors like to utilize taxis and public transportation as heavy drinking is common. The Riverfront Streetcar services the entire edge of the French Quarter along the Mississippi River. Several bus routes traverse the interior of the district and serve all the neighbourhoods of New Orleans quickly and efficiently.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
152 hotels near Preservation Hall
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter invites travellers on business or leisure trips to affordable and stylish accommodations set in the historic French Quarter in this Louisiana metropolis.... More
Blending personalised service and cosmopolitan atmosphere, the Harrah's New Orleans Casino and Hotel caters to the needs of the discerning business and leisure travelers. GeneralHarrah's New... More
Hotel Monteleone welcomes travellers to a historic and stylish retreat set in the heritage-rich French Quarter. Holidaymakers at this New Orleans property can easily explore entertainment... More
Set in one of the oldest properties in the historic French Quarter, Inn On Ursulines New Orleans makes for a cosy stay for discerning travellers looking for comfort within the old world wonders of... More
Travellers looking to explore the sights and sounds of the Birthplace of Jazz book a stay in the conveniently located accommodations of Inn on St. Peter. This traditional hotel in the French... More
Celebrate your style at Aloft New Orleans Downtown, a hip new hotel in this culturally rich citys central business district. We offer easy-breezy access to corporate offices, the biomedical... More
With modern accommodations housed in a historic structure set in the famous French Quarter, Inn on St. Ann offers tourists relaxing accommodations and easy access to key attractions in the old... More
Housed in an 1830's townhouse set in a tranquil neighbourhood amid old oak trees in central New Orleans, Lamothe House Hotel New Orleans makes for an idyllic base for discerning travellers... More
With modern and cosy spaces centrally located in the historic French Quarter, Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter makes for an ideal starting point for holidaymakers in the vibrant city of New... More