Union Station hotels
As the central train station for commuters entering Washington D.C., Union Station occupies a place of honour in the United States’ capital. Its grand historical architecture and many amenities not only make it an organized and efficient transportation centre, but also a tourist destination in itself—a central hub for larger tours of the tourist-friendly D.C. area. Opened in 1907, the interior is light and airy, despite the many people that always fill the shops and restaurants within its walls. The mini-mall includes many shops you’ll recognize where you can find books, clothing, stationery, and other gift items.
- Check out the artwork from murals to colossal statues showcasing Union Station’s variety of art that rivals many museums.
- Stop and get a bite to eat from a number of well-known restaurants and fast food outlets; whether you have a long layover or a short one, you’ll find time to pick up a snack.
- Fill time waiting for the train by browsing for the latest novels or magazines at Barnes & Noble, or shop for new clothes and collectible souvenirs at one of the other Union Station shops.
The easy way to find Union Station is to take an Amtrak directly into Washington D.C., but you can also find it on the Washington Metro subway and the local buses. The station itself is built for walking on three levels, although you should be prepared for large crowds, and especially at rush hour. Parking is limited, so if you aren’t arriving by train, you will want to walk to Union Station, take the subway, or take a bus. Luckily, it is centrally located in the city, and easy to find by any method.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (322 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (200 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
188 hotels near Union Station
Offering cosy accommodations conveniently set close local attractions, The Congress Plaza Hotel Michigan Avenue By Grant Park makes for the ideal starting point for travellers in the vibrant... More
The Westin Chicago River North is a retreat offering a full spectrum of services that provide everything from tranquillity to rejuvenation. GeneralFor groups from 5 to 1,000, The Westin Chicago... More
Offering boutique-style accommodations housed in a 19th-century building in Illinois city downtown, Hotel Blake, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member melds historical charm, comfort and convenience.... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront features chic spaces set in an enviable location in the heart of the cultural, commercial and financial district of Chicago. This... More
Combining style, space and luxury with convenient downtown access, The Palmer House a Hilton Hotel makes for an ideal base for sophisticated business and leisure travellers in this side of... More
The Comfort Suites Chicago offers homelike amenities, services, and value with proximity to business, museum, shopping, universities, airports and parks. GeneralThe Comfort Suites Chicago boasts a... More
W Chicago City Center is an eco-friendly hotel that caters to travellers looking for a business trip or vacation in this side of Illinois. This Chicago hotel places visitors within easy access to... More
333 North Dearborn Street, (Driveway entrance on 3 Map
Experience the comfortable accommodation blended with a warm hospitality and unsurpassed service at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. GeneralA well appointed meeting room is also on... More