The Loop hotels
The Loop, Chicago
The Loop is a community that encompasses the central business district that emerged in Chicago after the city's historic fire in 1871. The name derives from the old streetcars that “looped” around the area, although there is a counter argument that suggests its origins are associated with the route of the iconic elevated train system of the city. The Willis Tower - possibly still better known by its former name the Sears Tower - is the dominating structure in the impressive skyline, although the Bean at Millennium Park and Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park are real draws for the tourist.
- Take in the city sights from the observation deck of the largest building in the US. Perched at a massive 103 floors up the Willis Tower, you are offered spectacular views of Chicago, Lake Michigan and beyond.
- Catch a musical in one of the many fabulously restored theatres located within The Loop.
- Enjoy delicious French cuisine prepared by a world-renowned chef at the Everest restaurant, often touted as not just the best in The Loop, but in all of Chicago.
Getting around The Loop is easily done by using its superb public transport system. Seven of the eight different lines of the Chicago elevated train system (the El) all directly serve this community, with red, brown, purple, pink and green lines approaching from all directions and the orange and blue lines linking to O'Hare International Airport. Commuter trains arrive at Union Station, which is just a few minute walk from The Loop. Automobile traffic doesn't flow very well through the area, so whilst bus and car journeys are an option, they are not advised.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
37 hotels in The Loop
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
The friendly service and quality accommodation makes the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North an ideal place in a most convenient location in Chicago. GeneralHoliday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza... More
The first Virgin Hotel will open in Chicago in fall of 2014 featuring contemporary style and great functionality. A personalized experience with heartfelt service and vibrant food and beverage... More
333 North Dearborn Street, (Driveway entrance on 3 Map
Experience the comfortable accommodation blended with a warm hospitality and unsurpassed service at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. GeneralA well appointed meeting room is also on... More
Whether in vibrant Chicago for a business trip or a break from work, discerning travellers find a convenient haven in the enviably located and well-equipped spaces of Central Loop Hotel. While in... More
Club Quarters Central Loop Chicago is a full-service hotel that offers budget-friendly comforts in the heart of Windy City. Tourists in Chicago can witness live performing arts at Bank of America... More
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Chicago Downtown welcomes travellers with comfortable accommodations set strategically in bustling Chicago downtown. While in this Illinois city, holidaymakers peruse... More
Combining style, space and luxury with convenient downtown access, The Palmer House a Hilton Hotel makes for an ideal base for sophisticated business and leisure travellers in this side of... More
Providing modern yet homely accommodation, excellent business facilities as well as refined personal service, Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Theatre District is the perfect destination for a... More