The Loop hotels
The Loop, Chicago
The Loop is a community that encompasses the central business district that emerged in Chicago after the city's historic fire in 1871. The name derives from the old streetcars that “looped” around the area, although there is a counter argument that suggests its origins are associated with the route of the iconic elevated train system of the city. The Willis Tower - possibly still better known by its former name the Sears Tower - is the dominating structure in the impressive skyline, although the Bean at Millennium Park and Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park are real draws for the tourist.
- Take in the city sights from the observation deck of the largest building in the US. Perched at a massive 103 floors up the Willis Tower, you are offered spectacular views of Chicago, Lake Michigan and beyond.
- Catch a musical in one of the many fabulously restored theatres located within The Loop.
- Enjoy delicious French cuisine prepared by a world-renowned chef at the Everest restaurant, often touted as not just the best in The Loop, but in all of Chicago.
Getting around The Loop is easily done by using its superb public transport system. Seven of the eight different lines of the Chicago elevated train system (the El) all directly serve this community, with red, brown, purple, pink and green lines approaching from all directions and the orange and blue lines linking to O'Hare International Airport. Commuter trains arrive at Union Station, which is just a few minute walk from The Loop. Automobile traffic doesn't flow very well through the area, so whilst bus and car journeys are an option, they are not advised.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
35 hotels in The Loop
Offering cosy accommodations conveniently set close local attractions, The Congress Plaza Hotel Michigan Avenue By Grant Park makes for the ideal starting point for travellers in the vibrant... More
The BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel Chicago offers affordable accommodations close to the city's best attractions. Guests have easy access to Navy Pier, the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and... More
Whether you are travelling on business or leisure, this property with its comfortable accommodation and quality service welcome all types of holidaymakers for a pleasant and tranquil stay. ... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
A unique experience awaits every individual who stays in the hotel, as it fuses its gracious services with its lively interior design and outstanding amenities. GeneralWhether you need to unwind... More
Stay at Thewit Chicago - A Doubletree By Hilton Hotel on your next Chicago business trip, family vacation or romantic weekend getaway, with caring and professional staff looking forward to welcome... More
The Westin Chicago River North is a retreat offering a full spectrum of services that provide everything from tranquillity to rejuvenation. GeneralFor groups from 5 to 1,000, The Westin Chicago... More
As the premier Chicago luxury hotel, Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel is an urban sanctuary embodying the sophisticated ambiance of a uniquely upscale hotel. GeneralWhether a meeting or social... More
Whether in vibrant Chicago for a business trip or a break from work, discerning travellers find a convenient haven in the enviably located and well-equipped spaces of Central Loop Hotel. While in... More