Museum of Science and Industry hotels
Museum of Science and Industry
Those interested in the industrial and scientific history of America should pay a visit to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, one of the largest science museums in the Western Hemisphere including fascinating collections that appeal to all ages. The museum opened in 1933 inside the stunning 19th century Palace of Fine Arts building, located in historic Jackson Park between Lake Michigan and the University of Chicago. The Museum of Science and Industry boasts a diverse and expansive collection including many famous attractions like the Apollo 8 spacecraft and a working coalmine.
- Enjoy up-close looks at the U05-5 German submarine that was captured during WWII, a compelling glimpse into military history during a brief of extended trip to Chicago.
- Admire the Pioneer Zephyr located in the Entry Hall of the Museum of Science and Industry, the first diesel-powered and streamlined stainless-steel train, and one of the museum’s most resonate attractions.
- Visit the Science Storms exhibit featuring a water vapour tornado and tsunami tank, and learn about the physics of natural disasters.
The Museum of Science and Industry is located in the beautiful area of Chicago’s Hyde Park, which is situated near the city’s downtown centre as well as Lake Michigan. Several bus routes are available from Downtown Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry. Visitors travelling via Metra Train should get off at the 55th Street Station, which is located just a few blocks away from the museum’s entrance. Locals and visitors alike agree that Chicago’s downtown area is best explored on foot, allowing passers-by to saver the centre’s historic architecture.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
161 hotels near Museum of Science and Industry
5225 S. Harper Avenue Map
Hyatt Place Chicago South-University Medical Center is a six-storey hotel that offers well-furnished spaces with up-to-date amenities and convenient services located near dining and entertainment... More
Featuring an elegant decor and a warm hospitality, La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago - Lake Shore welcomes you for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralDuring your stay, visitors at La Quinta Inn &... More
Coming Soon! This hotel has not yet opened, but is accepting reservations for arrival after May 31, 2015. The Chicago La Quinta Lake Shore is located just minutes from downtown Chicago and... More
Travellers visiting Chicago for leisure or business purposes find convenient base at the elegant accommodations of Hyatt Regency Mccormick Place Chicago. Guests at this lavish downtown hotel can... More
Featuring well-designed and comfortable accommodations set in with easy access to the city centre, Chicago South Loop Hotel makes for an ideal starting point for business and leisure travellers... More
An easy walk to the famously colorful and bustling Chinatown in Chicago, you can take advantage of the many dining, shopping, and entertainment options. A mere 4 blocks from the Chicago Red Line... More
Whether exploring Chicago for a short corporate trip or long vacation, chic travellers book a stay at the classy and elegant accommodations of The Raffaello Hotel Chicago. During free time,... More
Boasting of an ideal location in the prestigious Magnificent Mile, Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago offers discerning travellers a chic and sophisticated base while in Chicago, Illinois. This elegant... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More