Michigan Avenue hotels
Chicago’s Michigan Avenue is simply a huge street that stretches out to unique places. From historic buildings to classy, high-end shopping districts, this street is bound to give tourists the kind of excitement they need. It's interesting to note that its name originally came from Lake Michigan, and that the street was first intended for residential use. Since the 1880’s however, vast construction of buildings have transformed the area into a successful business district. From hotels to shopping areas, unique restaurants and libraries, there’s always something that will attract tourists who come to Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
- Drop by the Magnificent Mile or Mag Mile on Michigan Avenue to see high- end stores and retailers, well-known restaurants, and office buildings that are surrounded by some of the great hotels in Chicago.
- See America’s second oldest water tower on Michigan Avenue, known as the Chicago Water Tower where it stands at about 47 metres.
- Enjoy a unique learning trip to famous institutions that promote the culture in the area such as the Auditorium Theater, Chicago Cultural Center, as well as the ever-popular Symphony Center.
From the O'Hare Airport, one can simply use the CTA, going from O’Hare and taking the Blue line until it reaches Lake. Upon exiting at Lake, one should hop on the Red line north until it reaches either the Chicago or Grand stop. From there, one can easily travel by foot going east for about two blocks to reach Michigan Avenue. Those who wish to go on a more exiting trip may take the water taxi from Union Station via Wendella’s Chicago Water Taxi as it takes tourists down the river and eventually to the Magnificent Mile in Michigan Avenue.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
191 hotels near Michigan Avenue
Whether exploring Chicago for a short corporate trip or long vacation, chic travellers book a stay at the classy and elegant accommodations of The Raffaello Hotel Chicago. During free time,... More
Boasting of an ideal location in the prestigious Magnificent Mile, Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago offers discerning travellers a chic and sophisticated base while in Chicago, Illinois. This elegant... More
With stylish accommodations and central location, MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat while in the Windy City. This sophisticated hotel in Chicago, Illinois is near the... More
The Godfrey Hotel Chicago invites travellers to sophisticated accommodations and modern facilities strategically situated close to go-to places of interest in Chicago. From this upscale Illinois... More
Centrally located near local businesses and area landmarks, Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel makes for a convenient base for business and leisure travellers visiting the Windy City.. While on a... More
The Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel was designed by world famous French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, with emphasis on bright and modern design. This hotel has earned a great reputation in town... More
Talbott Hotel Chicago is an elegant boutique hotel that offers well-appointed accommodations to corporate and leisure travellers visiting the bustling Chicago city. This environment-friendly hotel... More
Featuring luxurious accommodations set in the heart of the city, W Chicago Lakeshore Hotel makes for an ideal base for travellers in this vibrant city of Chicago. This contemporary hotel is within... More
The historic Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago welcomes you to the best destination in downtown Chicago for shopping, dining and business. GeneralThe Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago... More