Michigan Avenue hotels
Chicago’s Michigan Avenue is simply a huge street that stretches out to unique places. From historic buildings to classy, high-end shopping districts, this street is bound to give tourists the kind of excitement they need. It's interesting to note that its name originally came from Lake Michigan, and that the street was first intended for residential use. Since the 1880’s however, vast construction of buildings have transformed the area into a successful business district. From hotels to shopping areas, unique restaurants and libraries, there’s always something that will attract tourists who come to Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
- Drop by the Magnificent Mile or Mag Mile on Michigan Avenue to see high- end stores and retailers, well-known restaurants, and office buildings that are surrounded by some of the great hotels in Chicago.
- See America’s second oldest water tower on Michigan Avenue, known as the Chicago Water Tower where it stands at about 47 metres.
- Enjoy a unique learning trip to famous institutions that promote the culture in the area such as the Auditorium Theater, Chicago Cultural Center, as well as the ever-popular Symphony Center.
From the O'Hare Airport, one can simply use the CTA, going from O’Hare and taking the Blue line until it reaches Lake. Upon exiting at Lake, one should hop on the Red line north until it reaches either the Chicago or Grand stop. From there, one can easily travel by foot going east for about two blocks to reach Michigan Avenue. Those who wish to go on a more exiting trip may take the water taxi from Union Station via Wendella’s Chicago Water Taxi as it takes tourists down the river and eventually to the Magnificent Mile in Michigan Avenue.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
- Boston hotels (73 hotels)
188 hotels near Michigan Avenue
The Godfrey Hotel Chicago invites travellers to sophisticated accommodations and modern facilities strategically situated close to go-to places of interest in Chicago. From this upscale Illinois... More
Boasting of an ideal location in the prestigious Magnificent Mile, Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago offers discerning travellers a chic and sophisticated base while in Chicago, Illinois. This elegant... More
With stylish accommodations and central location, MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat while in the Windy City. This sophisticated hotel in Chicago, Illinois is near the... More
Talbott Hotel Chicago is an elegant boutique hotel that offers well-appointed accommodations to corporate and leisure travellers visiting the bustling Chicago city. This environment-friendly hotel... More
Centrally located near local businesses and area landmarks, Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel makes for a convenient base for business and leisure travellers visiting the Windy City.. While on a... More
Crowne Plaza Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel invites discerning travellers to plush accommodations just a few steps from The Mag Mile. Guests at the modern luxury hotel in downtown Chicago can spend... More
Felix Hotel Chicago invites sophisticated business and holiday travellers to an elegant urban haven that features sleek and stylish accommodations set right in downtown Chicago. This chic hotel... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Palomar Chicago A Kimpton Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers visiting Chicago, Illinois. This boutique hotel offers chic accommodations and... More
Inn of Chicago, an Ascend Collection hotel is a historic hotel that fuses well-appointed spaces with modern flair set in the heart of downtown Chicago. This stylish hotel is less than a mile away... More