Michigan Avenue hotels
Chicago’s Michigan Avenue is simply a huge street that stretches out to unique places. From historic buildings to classy, high-end shopping districts, this street is bound to give tourists the kind of excitement they need. It's interesting to note that its name originally came from Lake Michigan, and that the street was first intended for residential use. Since the 1880’s however, vast construction of buildings have transformed the area into a successful business district. From hotels to shopping areas, unique restaurants and libraries, there’s always something that will attract tourists who come to Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
- Drop by the Magnificent Mile or Mag Mile on Michigan Avenue to see high- end stores and retailers, well-known restaurants, and office buildings that are surrounded by some of the great hotels in Chicago.
- See America’s second oldest water tower on Michigan Avenue, known as the Chicago Water Tower where it stands at about 47 metres.
- Enjoy a unique learning trip to famous institutions that promote the culture in the area such as the Auditorium Theater, Chicago Cultural Center, as well as the ever-popular Symphony Center.
From the O'Hare Airport, one can simply use the CTA, going from O’Hare and taking the Blue line until it reaches Lake. Upon exiting at Lake, one should hop on the Red line north until it reaches either the Chicago or Grand stop. From there, one can easily travel by foot going east for about two blocks to reach Michigan Avenue. Those who wish to go on a more exiting trip may take the water taxi from Union Station via Wendella’s Chicago Water Taxi as it takes tourists down the river and eventually to the Magnificent Mile in Michigan Avenue.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
187 hotels near Michigan Avenue
Travellers looking for a comfortable retreat set close to local attractions in the bustling Windy City find suitable base at Public Hotel Chicago. This Chicago hotel places guests within easy... More
Boasting of an ideal location in the prestigious Magnificent Mile, Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago offers discerning travellers a chic and sophisticated base while in Chicago, Illinois. This elegant... More
With stylish accommodations and central location, MileNorth, A Chicago Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat while in the Windy City. This sophisticated hotel in Chicago, Illinois is near the... More
Inn of Chicago, an Ascend Collection hotel is a historic hotel that fuses well-appointed spaces with modern flair set in the heart of downtown Chicago. This stylish hotel is less than a mile away... More
The Conrad Chicago offers high-end accommodations in the heart of the Windy City. Guests enjoy easy access to the Adler Planetarium, the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. Other nearby... More
Talbott Hotel Chicago is an elegant boutique hotel that offers well-appointed accommodations to corporate and leisure travellers visiting the bustling Chicago city. This environment-friendly hotel... More
Make the Holiday Inn Express Chicago your choice for a wonderful holiday retreat. The property provides beautiful interiors with contemporary styling and exclusive accommodation that spell comfort... More
Red Roof Inn - Chicago Downtown offers affordable accommodations just steps from the city's best attractions. Guests enjoy easy access to Navy Pier, Lakeshore Drive and the Chicago Art Institute.... More
Corporate and leisure travellers looking for posh accommodations while visiting the lively Chicago city book a stay at Dana Hotel & Spa Chicago. This downtown hotel places vacationers within easy... More