Chicago Board of Trade hotels
Chicago Board of Trade
No visit to Chicago, IL would be complete without a tour of La Salle Street, or as it is referred to locally, the Loop, home of a financial and architectural hub second only to New York City. The most outstanding building is The Chicago Board of Trade, famous not only for its Art Deco architecture, designed by Holabird & Root in 1940, but also as the oldest commodities exchange trading floor. Unfortunately, since September 11 2001,the building is not open to the general public, but guided tours of the inside of the Chicago Board of Trade are available.
- The Chicago Board of Trade building is a National Historic Landmark. Towering over the entrance is a massive clock and a carving of two figures: one a farmer holding wheat, and one a Native American holding corn. A statue of Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture is faceless because, sculptor John H. Storrs, believed no other building would be tall enough for the face to be clearly seen.
- Hungry? Don’t miss Ceres café, world famous for its fish sandwiches and soup.
- Witness the chaos of the trading floor from the overhead observation gallery at this Chicago, IL institution.
The Chicago Board of Trade is located at 141 W. Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604. You can only gain access to the interior of the building through a guided tour with the Chicago Architectural Foundation. This tour is limited to 20 people so advance reservations are highly recommended. Security screenings much like the airport are required for entrance. The cost is $10 USD for a one hour tour. Many other exterior tours are available of the historic buildings of the Loop including a river cruise, bus tours and Segway tours.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (322 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (200 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
184 hotels near Chicago Board of Trade
Offering cosy accommodations conveniently set close local attractions, The Congress Plaza Hotel Michigan Avenue By Grant Park makes for the ideal starting point for travellers in the vibrant... More
The BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel Chicago offers affordable accommodations close to the city's best attractions. Guests have easy access to Navy Pier, the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium and... More
Whether your visit to Chicago is for business or pleasure, you are invited to experience the personalised service in the comfortable, inviting setting of Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park Hotel. ... More
Combining style, space and luxury with convenient downtown access, The Palmer House a Hilton Hotel makes for an ideal base for sophisticated business and leisure travellers in this side of... More
W Chicago City Center is an eco-friendly hotel that caters to travellers looking for a business trip or vacation in this side of Illinois. This Chicago hotel places visitors within easy access to... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront features chic spaces set in an enviable location in the heart of the cultural, commercial and financial district of Chicago. This... More
The Comfort Suites Chicago offers homelike amenities, services, and value with proximity to business, museum, shopping, universities, airports and parks. GeneralThe Comfort Suites Chicago boasts a... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
333 North Dearborn Street, (Driveway entrance on 3 Map
Experience the comfortable accommodation blended with a warm hospitality and unsurpassed service at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. GeneralA well appointed meeting room is also on... More