Chicago Board of Trade hotels
Chicago Board of Trade
No visit to Chicago, IL would be complete without a tour of La Salle Street, or as it is referred to locally, the Loop, home of a financial and architectural hub second only to New York City. The most outstanding building is The Chicago Board of Trade, famous not only for its Art Deco architecture, designed by Holabird & Root in 1940, but also as the oldest commodities exchange trading floor. Unfortunately, since September 11 2001,the building is not open to the general public, but guided tours of the inside of the Chicago Board of Trade are available.
- The Chicago Board of Trade building is a National Historic Landmark. Towering over the entrance is a massive clock and a carving of two figures: one a farmer holding wheat, and one a Native American holding corn. A statue of Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture is faceless because, sculptor John H. Storrs, believed no other building would be tall enough for the face to be clearly seen.
- Hungry? Don’t miss Ceres café, world famous for its fish sandwiches and soup.
- Witness the chaos of the trading floor from the overhead observation gallery at this Chicago, IL institution.
The Chicago Board of Trade is located at 141 W. Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604. You can only gain access to the interior of the building through a guided tour with the Chicago Architectural Foundation. This tour is limited to 20 people so advance reservations are highly recommended. Security screenings much like the airport are required for entrance. The cost is $10 USD for a one hour tour. Many other exterior tours are available of the historic buildings of the Loop including a river cruise, bus tours and Segway tours.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
188 hotels near Chicago Board of Trade
Providing all the modern facilities and conveniences, the La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown is an ideal place for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. GeneralGuests can avail the business... More
The Westin Chicago River North is a retreat offering a full spectrum of services that provide everything from tranquillity to rejuvenation. GeneralFor groups from 5 to 1,000, The Westin Chicago... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Essex Inn Chicago invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
Combining style, space and luxury with convenient downtown access, The Palmer House a Hilton Hotel makes for an ideal base for sophisticated business and leisure travellers in this side of... More
333 North Dearborn Street, (Driveway entrance on 3 Map
Experience the comfortable accommodation blended with a warm hospitality and unsurpassed service at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection. GeneralA well appointed meeting room is also on... More
Kinzie Hotel Chicago features top-notch accommodation suitable for discerning leisure or business travellers in Chicago. Aside from learning about local history at Chicago History Museum,... More
Providing modern yet homely accommodation, excellent business facilities as well as refined personal service, Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago Theatre District is the perfect destination for a... More
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Chicago Downtown welcomes travellers with comfortable accommodations set strategically in bustling Chicago downtown. While in this Illinois city, holidaymakers peruse... More
Offering comfortable accommodation and convenient facilities, the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago provides you with all of the quality amenities to make your stay a memorable one. GeneralState-of-the-art... More