Chicago Board of Trade hotels
Chicago Board of Trade
No visit to Chicago, IL would be complete without a tour of La Salle Street, or as it is referred to locally, the Loop, home of a financial and architectural hub second only to New York City. The most outstanding building is The Chicago Board of Trade, famous not only for its Art Deco architecture, designed by Holabird & Root in 1940, but also as the oldest commodities exchange trading floor. Unfortunately, since September 11 2001,the building is not open to the general public, but guided tours of the inside of the Chicago Board of Trade are available.
- The Chicago Board of Trade building is a National Historic Landmark. Towering over the entrance is a massive clock and a carving of two figures: one a farmer holding wheat, and one a Native American holding corn. A statue of Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture is faceless because, sculptor John H. Storrs, believed no other building would be tall enough for the face to be clearly seen.
- Hungry? Don’t miss Ceres café, world famous for its fish sandwiches and soup.
- Witness the chaos of the trading floor from the overhead observation gallery at this Chicago, IL institution.
The Chicago Board of Trade is located at 141 W. Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604. You can only gain access to the interior of the building through a guided tour with the Chicago Architectural Foundation. This tour is limited to 20 people so advance reservations are highly recommended. Security screenings much like the airport are required for entrance. The cost is $10 USD for a one hour tour. Many other exterior tours are available of the historic buildings of the Loop including a river cruise, bus tours and Segway tours.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (163 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
186 hotels near Chicago Board of Trade
The Westin Chicago River North is a retreat offering a full spectrum of services that provide everything from tranquillity to rejuvenation. GeneralFor groups from 5 to 1,000, The Westin Chicago... More
W Chicago City Center is an eco-friendly hotel that caters to travellers looking for a business trip or vacation in this side of Illinois. This Chicago hotel places visitors within easy access to... More
Ideal for vacations and business trips, Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel Chicago combines chic architectural designs with comfortable accommodations for a relaxing base while visiting Chicago. Right by the... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Palomar Chicago A Kimpton Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers visiting Chicago, Illinois. This boutique hotel offers chic accommodations and... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Essex Inn Chicago invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More
The friendly service and quality accommodation makes the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza River North an ideal place in a most convenient location in Chicago. GeneralHoliday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza... More
If you are at Chicago for business or pleasure, the Hotel Monaco Chicago A Kimpton Hotel invites you to experience its warm hospitality, while you stay at it. GeneralThe Hotel Monaco Chicago A... More
A romantic, historic and luxurious Hotel, Burnham is a living architectural landmark that has regained its original splendour and confirms as a major destination for visitors to Chicago. ... More
Whether your visit to Chicago is for business or pleasure, you are invited to experience the personalised service in the comfortable, inviting setting of Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park Hotel. ... More