Chicago Board of Trade hotels
Chicago Board of Trade
No visit to Chicago, IL would be complete without a tour of La Salle Street, or as it is referred to locally, the Loop, home of a financial and architectural hub second only to New York City. The most outstanding building is The Chicago Board of Trade, famous not only for its Art Deco architecture, designed by Holabird & Root in 1940, but also as the oldest commodities exchange trading floor. Unfortunately, since September 11 2001,the building is not open to the general public, but guided tours of the inside of the Chicago Board of Trade are available.
- The Chicago Board of Trade building is a National Historic Landmark. Towering over the entrance is a massive clock and a carving of two figures: one a farmer holding wheat, and one a Native American holding corn. A statue of Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture is faceless because, sculptor John H. Storrs, believed no other building would be tall enough for the face to be clearly seen.
- Hungry? Don’t miss Ceres café, world famous for its fish sandwiches and soup.
- Witness the chaos of the trading floor from the overhead observation gallery at this Chicago, IL institution.
The Chicago Board of Trade is located at 141 W. Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604. You can only gain access to the interior of the building through a guided tour with the Chicago Architectural Foundation. This tour is limited to 20 people so advance reservations are highly recommended. Security screenings much like the airport are required for entrance. The cost is $10 USD for a one hour tour. Many other exterior tours are available of the historic buildings of the Loop including a river cruise, bus tours and Segway tours.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
185 hotels near Chicago Board of Trade
A unique experience awaits every individual who stays in the hotel, as it fuses its gracious services with its lively interior design and outstanding amenities. GeneralWhether you need to unwind... More
Whether you are travelling on business or leisure, this property with its comfortable accommodation and quality service welcome all types of holidaymakers for a pleasant and tranquil stay. ... More
Luxury, dynamic, upscale and trendy all rolled up in one, the Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago Metro Downtown reflects the boldness and diversity of this great city. GeneralThe hotel also offers a... More
If you are at Chicago for business or pleasure, the Hotel Monaco Chicago A Kimpton Hotel invites you to experience its warm hospitality, while you stay at it. GeneralThe Hotel Monaco Chicago A... More
Club Quarters Central Loop Chicago is a full-service hotel that offers budget-friendly comforts in the heart of Windy City. Tourists in Chicago can witness live performing arts at Bank of America... More
Stylish and sophisticated, Palomar Chicago A Kimpton Hotel makes for an ideal urban retreat for discerning travellers visiting Chicago, Illinois. This boutique hotel offers chic accommodations and... More
The Westin Chicago River North is a retreat offering a full spectrum of services that provide everything from tranquillity to rejuvenation. GeneralFor groups from 5 to 1,000, The Westin Chicago... More
A romantic, historic and luxurious Hotel, Burnham is a living architectural landmark that has regained its original splendour and confirms as a major destination for visitors to Chicago. ... More
Overlooking Lake Michigan, Chicago's Essex Inn invites discerning travellers to a tranquil heaven with contemporary accommodations located near downtown Chicago. While in the area, tourists should... More