Hanauma Bay hotels
Once a neglected bay and a symbol of environmental degradation, Hanauma Bay in Honolulu is now a world conservation centre with its core purpose being to protect marine life. Restoration works on this volcanic bay began in 1990 with the introduction of restrictions to the number of visitors, and establishment of an education program on the Island among other conservation measures. However, the restrictions did not deter marine lovers and conservationists from all over the world. Each year, millions pack their bags and head for Hawaii to experience the ocean, marine life, sandy beaches and the sun in Hanauma Bay.
- Baskin the sun all day and experience the oceanside tranquillity that attracted Hawaiian nobles such as King Kamehameha to Hanauma Bay.
- Escape the dry land and dive into the deep waters of Honolulu and experience snorkelling among the friendly sea creatures and view at close quarters the marine life that is unique to this bay; snorkelling equipment is available for hire.
- Empower yourself intellectually by learning of marine conservation methods, and the array of species on the island at the Hanauma Bay Marine Education centre in Honolulu.
Due to conservation measures by the Honolulu government, access to Hanauma Bay is quite limited. While in Waikiki, visitors can drive to and from the bay. However, the parking lot has limited space and once full, no other car or visitor is allowed into the bay. This makes shuttle buses more convenient. Alternatively, visitors can take the regular buses to the crater and walk for 10 minutes to Hanauma Bay. It is advisable that visitors arrive early as the parking lot closes by mid-morning. Moreover, visitors can come back early afternoon when the morning crowd has returned to town.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
87 hotels near Hanauma Bay
Travellers looking to enjoy a Hawaiian holiday under the sun find suitable retreat at the comfortable accommodations and scenic location of Pacific Beach Hotel Honolulu. This beachfront Honolulu... More
Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel is a chic urban oasis in a vibrant headquarters for all the hectic day and nightlife in Waikiki. Right next to the International Marketplace, this open-air tradition gives... More
Boasting luxurious accommodation and cordial hospitality, the Waikiki Resort Hotel is an excellent venue for leisure and business travellers. GeneralWhether you are considering a wedding, birthday... More
Sheraton Waikiki Suites is situated right on Waikiki Beach. This hotel towers above the competition and provides an exclusive oceanfront getaway that can pamper, spoil and rejuvenate. The Sheraton... More
Boasting a tranquil ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralAfter an exhausting day, you can have a bracing dip or relax on... More
Luana Waikiki is a serene oasis decorated in contemporary Hawaiian with lots of wood, marble and stylized tropical accents. The location allows resort guests to wake to the verdant views of... More
Stay Hotel Waikiki Honolulu makes for budget-friendly base with stylish comforts just within short distance to Waikiki attractions in Honolulu. This boutique hotel puts corporate travellers within... More
Vacationers step inside a Hawaiian-themed lobby and tropical-coloured accommodations at the posh Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, set directly in front of the famous Waikiki Beach. Aside from surfing in... More
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is one of those hotels you just hate to leave. With acres of pools, waterslides and private beaches, this Hotel is a destination resort that's hard to... More