Hanauma Bay hotels
Once a neglected bay and a symbol of environmental degradation, Hanauma Bay in Honolulu is now a world conservation centre with its core purpose being to protect marine life. Restoration works on this volcanic bay began in 1990 with the introduction of restrictions to the number of visitors, and establishment of an education program on the Island among other conservation measures. However, the restrictions did not deter marine lovers and conservationists from all over the world. Each year, millions pack their bags and head for Hawaii to experience the ocean, marine life, sandy beaches and the sun in Hanauma Bay.
- Baskin the sun all day and experience the oceanside tranquillity that attracted Hawaiian nobles such as King Kamehameha to Hanauma Bay.
- Escape the dry land and dive into the deep waters of Honolulu and experience snorkelling among the friendly sea creatures and view at close quarters the marine life that is unique to this bay; snorkelling equipment is available for hire.
- Empower yourself intellectually by learning of marine conservation methods, and the array of species on the island at the Hanauma Bay Marine Education centre in Honolulu.
Due to conservation measures by the Honolulu government, access to Hanauma Bay is quite limited. While in Waikiki, visitors can drive to and from the bay. However, the parking lot has limited space and once full, no other car or visitor is allowed into the bay. This makes shuttle buses more convenient. Alternatively, visitors can take the regular buses to the crater and walk for 10 minutes to Hanauma Bay. It is advisable that visitors arrive early as the parking lot closes by mid-morning. Moreover, visitors can come back early afternoon when the morning crowd has returned to town.
- Las Vegas hotels (171 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (152 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
86 hotels near Hanauma Bay
Travellers looking to enjoy a Hawaiian holiday under the sun find suitable retreat at the comfortable accommodations and scenic location of Pacific Beach Hotel Honolulu. This beachfront Honolulu... More
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is one of those hotels you just hate to leave. With acres of pools, waterslides and private beaches, this Hotel is a destination resort that's hard to... More
The Sheraton Princess Kaiulani has 1,152 rooms on the former estate of Hawaii's last princess. This garden oasis offers unique amenities like a "Beach Boy Butler" service. This allows guests to use... More
If you are planning for a particular holiday at Hawaii-Oahu, then Prince Resort Hawaii is the perfect place for you to reside. GeneralThis twenty-eight floors of oceanfront guest rooms sit atop a... More
Boasting a tranquil ambience and comfortable accommodation, this property is an ideal place for an unforgettable vacation. GeneralAfter an exhausting day, you can have a bracing dip or relax on... More
Luxurious and laidback, The Modern Honolulu provides to discerning business and leisure travellers comfortable accommodations with innovative designs and understated elegance. Holidaymakers can... More
Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel is a chic urban oasis in a vibrant headquarters for all the hectic day and nightlife in Waikiki. Right next to the International Marketplace, this open-air tradition gives... More
Fall in love with the Aloha spirit at the stunning Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, which is a true tropical paradise, where you can escape your cares and experience a destination of... More
Since 1902, the Moana Surfrider a Westin Resort and Spa has graced Waikiki Beach with her stately presence. This legendary landmark has a sumptuous lobby complete with hardwood floors and antique... More