Hanauma Bay hotels
Once a neglected bay and a symbol of environmental degradation, Hanauma Bay in Honolulu is now a world conservation centre with its core purpose being to protect marine life. Restoration works on this volcanic bay began in 1990 with the introduction of restrictions to the number of visitors, and establishment of an education program on the Island among other conservation measures. However, the restrictions did not deter marine lovers and conservationists from all over the world. Each year, millions pack their bags and head for Hawaii to experience the ocean, marine life, sandy beaches and the sun in Hanauma Bay.
- Baskin the sun all day and experience the oceanside tranquillity that attracted Hawaiian nobles such as King Kamehameha to Hanauma Bay.
- Escape the dry land and dive into the deep waters of Honolulu and experience snorkelling among the friendly sea creatures and view at close quarters the marine life that is unique to this bay; snorkelling equipment is available for hire.
- Empower yourself intellectually by learning of marine conservation methods, and the array of species on the island at the Hanauma Bay Marine Education centre in Honolulu.
Due to conservation measures by the Honolulu government, access to Hanauma Bay is quite limited. While in Waikiki, visitors can drive to and from the bay. However, the parking lot has limited space and once full, no other car or visitor is allowed into the bay. This makes shuttle buses more convenient. Alternatively, visitors can take the regular buses to the crater and walk for 10 minutes to Hanauma Bay. It is advisable that visitors arrive early as the parking lot closes by mid-morning. Moreover, visitors can come back early afternoon when the morning crowd has returned to town.
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (319 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (159 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (155 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (193 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
87 hotels near Hanauma Bay
Travellers looking to enjoy a Hawaiian holiday under the sun find suitable retreat at the comfortable accommodations and scenic location of Pacific Beach Hotel Honolulu. This beachfront Honolulu... More
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is one of those hotels you just hate to leave. With acres of pools, waterslides and private beaches, this Hotel is a destination resort that's hard to... More
Boasting luxurious accommodation and cordial hospitality, the Waikiki Resort Hotel is an excellent venue for leisure and business travellers. GeneralWhether you are considering a wedding, birthday... More
The Aqua Palms Waikiki Hotel is a boutique hotel offering contemporary style just a block from the best part of Waikiki Beach. It is situated just 3 blocks from the 290 store Ala Moana Centre and 4... More
Featuring a seamless fusion of style, luxury and class, Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk creates an ideal retreat for savvy travellers looking to explore Honolulu. While in the capital... More
Fall in love with the Aloha spirit at the stunning Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, which is a true tropical paradise, where you can escape your cares and experience a destination of... More
Stylish tropical spaces set in the heart of the city, Ala Moana Hotel welcomes travellers on an escapade in the lively Hawaii capital. The plush downtown Honolulu retreat provides easy access to... More
Overlooking the world-famous Waikiki Beach, the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa offers quality service and convenience, thus making it an ideal place for all travellers. GeneralThis... More
Luxurious and laidback, The Modern Honolulu provides to discerning business and leisure travellers comfortable accommodations with innovative designs and understated elegance. Holidaymakers can... More