Gatorland, known as the “Alligator Capital of the World,” is a theme park and wildlife preserve located in Orlando, FL. The park sits on 45 hectares of land along the South Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, FL. This unique park was founded in 1949 by Owen Godwin, who wanted to build a place that would celebrate and preserve the alligators and crocodiles that are found throughout Florida. Gatorland features a bevy of gator-related attractions and spectators can get a close up look at these ancient monsters in a recreation of their natural habitat.
- Walk along the boardwalk that lies above the breeding marsh at Gatorland, in Orlando, FL or watch from the observation tower to see these majestic creatures and their bizarre breeding rituals.
- Learn about alligators and their shrinking habitats on the Swamp Walk Tour, where experts lead forays into the swamp where alligators make their home.
- Soar more than 300 metres in the air over a pit of snarling alligators on the Zip Line Ride at Gatorland, an exciting new addition to the park that offers thrills to Orlando, FL tourists.
The Orlando International Airport is the main gateway to Orlando, FL and Gatorland is located just 20 minutes away, so it is easy to reach. One of the easiest ways to get there is to take the Orlando–Kissimmee train line to its terminus and then catch a cab the rest of the way to Gatorland. The park is connected to the rest of Orlando, FL by many motorways so it is easy to reach for those with private cars. Many of the region's attractions such as Disney World, are in the area, making traffic heavy at peak driving hours.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
336 hotels near Gatorland
Travellers looking to enjoy a holiday with the whole family in the Orlando/Kissimmee area find ideal base at the comfortable properties at Global Vacation Disney Area Homes Kissimmee. The... More
Offering quality accommodation and desired comfort in a fantastic location, this property is an ideal choice for a memorable experience. GeneralAfter an exhilarating day of business or pleasure,... More
Whether you are planning on making memories of a dream honeymoon, vacationing with the family, or having to take a dreaded business trip, Global Vacations is a prefect place to stay. General A... More
Delight in the unparalleled JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, featuring masterful architecture and 500 acres of tropical landscape. This memorable Orlando luxury resort gives guests an experience... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, this property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Orlando. GeneralThere is also a swimming pool available onsite for you to enjoy... More
Holidaymakers on family-friendly vacations in exciting Orlando, Florida find elegant villa accommodations and lakefront location at Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve Resort Orlando. This sophisticated... More
Just minutes from Walt Disney World and only 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport and divided into 3 buildings of 3 or 4 floors with elevator. The resort is located in Kissimmee and will... More
Looking forward for an opportunity to serve you and help you to plan your next Orlando vacation, the Homes 4 Uu provides vacation home, condo or town home with world-class amenities for your and... More
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes features upscale accommodation and an array of modern amenities. Guests can visit city attractions such as SeaWorld is the world's premiere marine adventure... More