Fisher Island hotels
Even though Fisher Island is just a short, three-mile ferry ride from Miami, it feels like another world. Here visitors will enjoy breathtaking scenery within one of the most affluent areas in the entire United States. Named after real estate developer Carl G. Fisher, who once owned the entire island, Fisher Island is man-made, created in 1905 by a dredging and land reclamation project that started around Miami Beach. Since then, Fisher Island has become home to several luxury resorts and chic restaurants that cater to the world’s elite.
- Take a hike around the island’s perimeter and watch the sun in full-spectrum colour as it sets on the skyline of Miami.
- Whilst on Fisher Island visitors will enjoy taking a tour of the historic Vanderbilt Mansion, enjoying a journey through the mansion’s age-old halls that culminates in a stroll through its formal dining room, replete with many sparkling chandeliers.
- Play a round of golf with the turquoise ocean as your backdrop at the Fisher Island Club golf course. Tee-off among its immaculate fairways, which boast amazing views of Miami.
There are no roads that lead to Fisher Island, as the only way to get there from Miami is by boat. Speedboats can get you to the island quickly, whilst the slower ferries can accommodate both you and your car. Usually only residents bring their cars onto Fisher Island; however, once you arrive, you’ll find a number of establishments that rent motorbikes and scooters. Putting around the island on a motorbike or scooter is probably the most enjoyable way to explore the island, as you can enjoy the fresh air and spectacular scenery at your own pace.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (163 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
306 hotels near Fisher Island
Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach offers Its top-notch service standards and exclusive facilities to satisfy even the most discriminating guest. It features a business centre, babysitting service,... More
Whether you are in Miami on business or for fun, Marriott at South Beach Hotel offers luxurious accommodation along with excellent services to make your stay as relaxed and enjoyable as possible. ... More
Offering guests a unique Miami experience, the Lord Balfour is a boutique property with a blend of the original splendour of the period with all the contemporary comforts of a modern hotel. ... More
Offering style, comfort and affordable elegance in a modern environment, the Hotel St. Augustine Miami is a ideal place to mix business with pleasure. GeneralThis hotel offers a wide range of... More
Offering plush Mediterranean-style residences set in the upscale private island on the shores of Biscayne Bay, Provident Fisher Island Suites creates an ideal getaway destination for travellers in... More
Blanc Kara Hotel Miami Beach is a boutique hotel offering convenient and comfortable accommodations fit for vacationers looking to explore this vibrant South Beach neighbourhood. The cosy property... More
The two-storey Villa Italia Hotel Miami Beach features stylish accommodations in a homey environment. Vacationers staying at the cosy hotel are in close proximity to tourist attractions in the area... More
Current through May 1, 2013 - Fisher Island Club is in the final stages of its 60 million dollar restoration project. Now through May 1, 2013 we will be completing work on the historic Vanderbilt... More
Being one of Miami Beach's most charming and architecturally significant boutique hotel, the Century Hotel Miami Beach has an exterior, which is reminiscent of an ocean liner, friendly and helpful... More