Dodge Island hotels
Dodge Island is an artificial island in Downtown Miami that houses the Port of Miami, which harbours hundreds of cruise ships every year from around the world. The island was created in the early 1900s (originally much smaller) and it went largely unnamed until around 1950, when its commercial purposes were cemented. This bustling port is perfect for any family that wants to experience the commerce and touring industry that makes Miami famous, and it’s a hop away from the other artificial islands on the MacArthur and Venetian Causeways that link Miami proper to Miami Beach.
- Check out the Bayside Marketplace in Miami while you’re waiting for your cruise to board—an open air market that features top stores like Express and Victoria’s Secret, close to Dodge Island.
- Swim with the fishes (the good way) just south of Dodge Island on the Virginia Keyat the fascinating Miami Seaquarium.
- Admire the Miami Port dockyards, full of cargo and cruise ships, as you traverse Dodge Island’s shops and travel agencies along Port Blvd.
Once you’ve arrived in Miami, you have two options to get to the port on Dodge Island. The first is to take 1-95 south and exit at Bayside. You then need to head south toward 5th street (which becomes Port Blvd.) which then flows into Dodge Island. If you’re south of Miami, you need to take 1-95 North and exit on SW 2nd street, and make a left onto Biscayne Blvd. From Miami International Airport, your destination is on the other side of Downtown, along I-395. The closest tram station is at Bicentennial Park on the MacArthur Causeway.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
315 hotels near Dodge Island
Whether travelling through Miami for business or leisure, visitors find a fitting base in the comfortable, well-equipped and ideally located accommodations of YVE Hotel Miami. Centrally positioned,... More
Whether your stay in Miami is for business or pleasure, Hyatt Regency is an ideal destination for the discerning travellers. GeneralWith more than 100,000 square feet of meeting space and... More
Experience casual elegance and refinement at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, a luxury hotel offering waterfront accommodation with gorgeous views of the Port of Miami and also a great base to... More
Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden welcomes travellers to cosy and value-for-money accommodations in a central location while in a getaway in Miami Beach. Vacationers at this budget-friendly Florida... More
The Fritz Hotel offers modern accommodation facilities for an enjoyable stay. Featuring contemporarily built architecture and quality amenities, this is a perfect beachfront boutique resort hotel.... More
The Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown is centrally located in downtown Miami and nearby the city's many attractions. The American Airlines Arena nearby is perfect for sports fans and for those who... More
Offering guests a unique Miami experience, Room Mate Lord Balfour is a boutique property with a blend of the original splendour of the period with all the contemporary comforts of a modern hotel. ... More
Boasting high standards of comfort and friendly atmosphere, Metropole South Beach Hotel Miami provides an atmosphere of being at home, while away from home. Some of the notable attractions in the... More
Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach offers Its top-notch service standards and exclusive facilities to satisfy even the most discriminating guest. It features a business centre, babysitting service,... More