Barnacle State Historic Site hotels
Barnacle State Historic Site
Barnacle State Historic Site, also known as Barnacle State Park, is located in beautiful Coconut Grove, Florida, not far from Miami. It was once the home of Commodore Ralph Middleton Munroe, who was a yacht builder that, over the years, became one of Florida’s most influential citizens. The Barnacle House was built on forty acres that he purchased, which overlook Biscayne Bay. Today, this destination is perfectly preserved and open to the public. The grounds and the house are welcoming toward exploration or for holding special events like weddings. The park also holds yearly events. Whilst Coconut Grove marches on into the future, Barnacle State Park preserves its past.
- Have a picnic on the grounds of Barnacle State Park near Miami, where picnic tables are provided in the shaded areas to protect them from the Florida Sun.
- Sit on a blanket and listen to the music at Barnacle Under Moonlight, a concert series performed several times throughout the year at Coconut Grove's Barnacle House in Miami.
- Take a tour of the Barnacle State Historic Site and be guided through the house and learn all about its history and Commodore Munroe.
The Barnacle State Historic Site is located on Main Highway in Coconut Grove, Florida. Visitors will land at Miami Dade Airport. To get to Coconut Grove, take advantage of the Metro system of Dade County. Both buses and trains go to Coconut Grove and around Dade County. Buy a metro card to take advantage of both. There are many taxi companies in the area. Should you hire a car, you will need to take the Main Highway to access both Coconut Grove and the Barnacle State Park.
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (319 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (159 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (155 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (193 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
300 hotels near Barnacle State Historic Site
Nestled in the enclave of coconut grove, the Mayfair Hotel & Spa Coconut Grove is an exclusive waterfront enclave and a unique haven of flair where you can slip away and enjoy an exquisite holiday... More
Featuring Floridian style decor,Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables is conveniently located in Coconut Grove and is near downtown business districts. This property offers spacious... More
Ideal for extended stays, The Mutiny Hotel Coconut Grove is a modern business and holiday haven offering self-contained accommodations and idyllic Biscayne Bay panoramas. This all-suite Coconut... More
Blending personalized service and cosmopolitan atmosphere, the Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami caters to the needs of discerning travellers. General Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami offers meeting space... More
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove Miami welcomes travellers to cosy accommodations with spectacular views of Biscayne Bay in this vibrant Miami neighbourhood. This Coconut Grove property is set close... More
With panoramic views of the Miami skyline, Biscayne Bay and Coral Gables, The Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove Miami Hotel is an ideal destination for all kind of travellers. The Barnacle State Historic... More
Residence Inn By Marriott Miami Coconut Grove welcomes holidaymakers to well-furnished spaces set in the heart of Coconut Grove in Florida. This all-suites hotel places sightseers within convenient... More
The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa Miami is an ideal holiday destination with tropical gardens surrounded by the waters of Biscayne Bay. Guests can visit attractions such as Everglades Alligator Farm,... More
Gables Inn is just the place to experience comfortable accommodation and friendly service. Downtown Miami is 12 kilometres from the property. A must see attraction of this city is Coconut Grove... More