Art Deco District hotels
Art Deco District
The Art Deco District in Miami Beach is a historic area, listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. It boasts the biggest collection of Art Deco architecture known to the world and is populated by nearly 800 buildings mostly built from 1923 to 1943. The district also hosts the vibrant festival known as Art Deco Weekend, celebrated every January. The sleek curves, pastel-coloured structures, metal railings, porthole windows, and terrazzo floors are all trademark designs of this neighbourhood. The Miami Design Preservation League (MDPL), a non-profit organization, offers visitors various tours around the area.
- Explore the fancy hotels near the Art Deco District of Miami, especially the Park Central hotel, the first restored hotel in the area that was a popular hangout for Hollywood celebrities like Rita Hayworth and Clark Gable.
- Visit the Art Deco Welcome Center to learn more about the history of the structures in the district and the efforts to preserve and restore them.
- Go for an afternoon stroll at Lummus Park to get amazing views of the Art Deco District skyline of Miami, and then enjoy the night listening to musicians sing and play in the park.
The Art Deco District is located on Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, which does not have any direct Metrorail service station. The district is served by the Metrobus service that links Miami Beach to downtown and other Metrorail stations. From the Government Centre Metrorail station, you can travel one block south to a bus terminal and take the Metrobus route C or K. There are several succeeding bus stops along the Washington Avenue, which is just a few minutes' walk from the district. The Airport-Beach Express, a direct-service bus line connects the Miami International Airport to the South Beach area.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
313 hotels near Art Deco District
The Catalina Hotel and Beach Club is a chic non-smoking hotel on Collins Avenue in South Beach. The hotel ensures a relaxing retreat with two swimming pools, gym, yoga centres, and salon and spas.... More
BEDS N' DRINKS is an ultra modern hostel with keyless locks on the doors, a fully restored marble lobby, and professionally designed private and dorm rooms! The hostel is fun, energetic, and most... More
Conveniently located close to a number of interesting places in Miami Beach area, Chesterfield Hotel and Suites offers attention to detail services to make the stay pleasurable Area attractions of... More
Creating an ideal atmosphere for a relaxing stay, this property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Miami. GeneralYou can also enjoy at the beach or take a long walk on the... More
The James Royal Palm is a luxurious beachfront retreat teeming with top-notch facilities, fun-filled recreation activities and personalised comforts in South Beach, Miami. Aside from enjoying water... More
The Art Deco Marseilles Oceanfront Hotel is located in the heart of Art Deco South Beach on Collins Avenue, known for its designer boutiques and vibrant nightlife. Across the causeway Downtown... More
Housed in an Art Deco style building and offering comfortable accommodations, President Hotel makes for a suitable base for travellers visiting Miami, Florida. This charming hotel places visitors... More
Whether in Miami for a business trip or a long vacation, travellers find an ideal base in the comfortable, well-equipped and ideally situated spaces of Clinton Hotel South Beach Miami. Aside from... More
The Stiles Hotel South Beach (Formerly: Hotel Nash) is an appropriately oriented gay-friendly property offering posh and chic accommodations in South Beach. This Miami hotel places outdoor lovers... More