From its culinary delights to year-round activities on the boardwalk, Hollywood, Florida is where you want to take a beach vacation. With easy access to the beautiful shores and alluring nature activities like Flamingo Gardens and Butterfly World, this town is bursting at the sandy seams with attractions to see and do. Take a water taxi or the Hollywood Trolley and discover Hollywood, Fort Lauderdaleand other surrounding areas. Deer Creek Golf Clubis the perfect place to grab a golf lesson or play a round with friends and family.
Although Hollywood has a soft, relaxing side, it does have a side that is energizing and pulsating with busy nightlife and great shopping. Sawgrass Millsis Florida's largest retail and entertainment centre and features more than 300 name-brand outlets and stores. At night, this South Florida town comes alive with music in the streets, flickering lights from the Seminole Casino, and dancing in the clubs. From nostalgic to new and modern, Hollywood will have visitors wanting to become residents of the ‘Diamond of the Gold Coast’.
Hollywood's Top 10
10. Anne Kolb Nature Centre Visitors can hike, bike, walk or take a pontoon boat tour to explore and enjoy this education complex in Hollywood.
5. Sea Experience Snorkelling and scuba diving await visitors interested in exploring underwater worlds.
9. Museum of Science and Discovery Located not far fromHollywood, this museum proves that science can be fun and exciting for all ages.
4. Jungle Queen Riverboat Tours Take a tour on the New River and enjoy a dinner and a show aboard this beauty of a boat.
8. Everglades Holiday Park Take airboat rides to check out the Everglades, located west of Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale.
3. Emerald Hills Golf Club Hollywood is home to this championship golf course that features a driving range, lessons, and a fully stocked pro shop.
7. Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum Just down the road from Hollywood there are more than 20 antique cars showcased that car enthusiasts will really love to see.
2. Hollywood Playhouse Known as the number four nightclub in the world, this venue also offers everything from fashion shows to music concerts throughout the year.
6. Young at Art Children's Museum The little ones will love the workshops, tours and classes that this creative museum has to offer.
1. Hollywood Beach Broadwalk Stretching nearly two-and-a-half miles along the Atlantic, this oceanfront promenade displays shops and eateries that must be explored and enjoyed while at the beach.
- Hammerstein House – This beautiful house located on Polk Street is open to the public on the first Sunday of the month from September to May.
- Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum – The place to learn about the history and culture of the Seminoles.
- Museum of Discovery and Science – This Hollywood museum will take you back in time to discover innovations through the ages.
- Bonnet House –This historically significant estate contains an extensive collection of furniture and art.
- Stranahan House – Built in 1901, this house is the oldest structure to be found in Broward County.
Hollywood Art & Culture
- The Seminole Indian Reservation – Visitors experience the local Seminole culture.
- Art and Culture Centre of Hollywood – A small art museum situated in a renovated 1920s Mission-style mansion in downtown Hollywood.
- Hollywood Central Performing Arts Centre – Home to dance performances.
- Holocaust Documentation and Education Centre – Described as a living memorial through education, this venue teaches visitors about the Holocaust.
- ArtsPark at Young Circle – A 10-acre, family-friendly park featuring outdoor musical performances and festivals.
- Oakwood Plaza – An outdoor mall featuring national retailers and restaurants.
- Seminole Paradise – The ideal place to spend the day strolling amongst lush landscaped walkways and unique shops.
- Sawgrass Mills – Florida's biggest retail and entertainment centre, featuring over 350 name-brand stores and outlets.
- Aventura Mall – This mall offers visitors a compelling international and national shopping experience.
- Downtown Hollywood Art & Design District – A quaint place in which to enjoy shopping in trendy boutiques.
Gay & Lesbian Hollywood
- Beach Betty’s – This Dania Beach bar is where Hollywood's lesbian community is popularly found.
- Cloud 9 Lounge – A friendly, lesbian-owned bar in which all are welcome.
- Blue Monk Lounge – Hailed by many as Hollywood’s best blues and jazz bar.
- Ballers Rock’n’Roll Sports Bar – Not strictly a gay bar, yet welcomes individuals of all ages and of any sexuality.
- The Castle Lounge – A truly open-minded bar known for featuring drag shows.
- Dania Beach – This beautiful beach is home to a wonderful fishing pier.
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park – Home to gorgeous beaches and water sports activities.
- Hollywood North Beach Park – Located between Hollywood's oceanfront Broadwalk and a tranquil seaside-lodging district, this protected beach area is highly regarded.
- TopeeKeegee Yugnee Park (T.Y. Park) – This park provides the ideal venue for families who wish for an exciting day out in Hollywood.
- Anne Kolb Nature Centre – This remarkable mangrove eco-system invites tourists to discover its 1,500-acre realm by boat, bicycle or on foot.
- Support the Hollywood Wildcats Soccer Club at their home ground.
- Check out the talent on the golf course at Hillcrest Golf Club.
- Visit the award-winning David Park Tennis Centre to enjoy watching tennis aces.
- Catch volleyball at Hollywood Beach.
- Watch the rowers of the Hollywood Rowing Club in training.
Fat Tuesday on Hollywood Beach brings Mardi Gras to South Florida in February with parades, arts and crafts, food and a lot of fun.
As the flowers begin to bloom in Hollywood, the Expo Alfresco outdoor food and wine festival will display culinary creations from restaurants throughout the South Florida area for visitors to enjoy.
In April, the Seaside Craft Fair in Hollywood invites visitors to stroll through this open-air festival packed with art, handmade crafts, jewellery, personalized gifts and much more.
Not far from Hollywood, the Pompano Beach Seafood Festival has spring hopping with a boardwalk bazaar, live music and a fun zone for kids.
Red, White and Bluegrass Festival in May kicks off the summer in Hollywood with true bluegrass music concerts, food vendors and craft booths for everyone to enjoy.
Hollywood Hometown 4th of July Celebration is a three-day event with plenty of music, activities for the kids and an amazing fireworks show.
For three days in September, the Hollywood Beach Clambake is a free event that brings food, music and fun for the entire family at the boardwalk.
Fall showcases the Hollywood Beach Latin Festival that celebrates the Latin culture of South Florida with music and art.
Cajun Zydeco Festival is located near the Hollywood Hard Rock Hotel and Casino where live bands and creole food come together in November for a spicy good time.
Christmas at the beach is celebrated with the Candy Cane Parade, which features more than 200 floats and marching bands every year along the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk.
When To Go
The weather in Hollywood is best in January through April. There is very little rain and the daily temperatures are around 76°F (24°C) to 79°F (26°).
As spring and summer approach, the heat gets steamy. From June through November, the official hurricane season brings occasional rain and thunderstorms.
Winter is technically from October to December in Hollywood. The days cool down a bit with evening temperatures between 62°F (17°C) and 59°F (15°C).
If you want to travel to Hollywood by air, you’ll find that most major airlines fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale Int'l every day with nonstop service.
By train, the Amtrak Silver Service trains and the Palmetto run daily to Fort Lauderdale from New York City, and the trip takes about 28 hours. Upon arriving at the station, visitors can take a taxi or public transportation to their hotel in Hollywood.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Los Angeles hotels (119 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
543 hotels in Hollywood, Florida
Suitable for both business and leisure travellers, the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport offers excellent accommodation and offers a home away from home experience. GeneralBusiness travellers at... More
151 Southwest 18th Court Map
Committed to provide immaculate service and state-of-the-art facilities, SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport combines contemporary accommodations with top-notch services to ensure you an... More
Whether in Hollywood, Florida for business or leisure, travellers find suitable base in the comfortable accommodations of Ramada Hollywood Downtown. Tourists at this value-for-money hotel can... More
2460 State Road 84 Map
Red Carpet Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport attracts holidaymakers with its practical accommodations and ideal location near the area's famed destinations. Guests can check out the antique cars at Fort... More
180 SW 18th Avenue Map
Offering a privileged location, an outstanding level of services, exceptional facilities, and contemporary luxury, this property is an ideal place to reside while in Fort Lauderdale. GeneralGuests... More
Offering commitment to quality and exceptional service, the La Quinta Inn and Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport offers warm hospitality to its guests. GeneralThe La Quinta Inn has meeting rooms with... More
141 SW 19th Court Map
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port offers business and leisure travellers the perfect combination of high-tech amenities and comfortable lodging. For those seeking a relaxing... More
2500 Stirling Road Map
Assuring comfortable accommodation and impeccable service, Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale-Airport prides itself as an ideal location for a wonderful stay, while visiting Fort Lauderdale. ... More
Combining Art Deco embellishments with whimsical design, Whitelaw Hotel offers Miami Beach accommodation and ensures guests an enjoyable beach vacation. GeneralWhitelaw Hotel Miami Beach offers... More