Washington Monument hotels
The Washington Monument has become an iconic symbol for the United States. Located in Washington, D.C., it was built in honour of the first president, George Washington. This monument is on the National Mall with other attractions and stands at 169 metres. It is a stone obelisk that was designed by Robert Mills with building begun in 1848 but not completed until 1884. It sits east of the Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool. Today it is one of the most popular attractions for visitors to the Washington D.C. area.
- Take a ride up the elevator to the top where you can see an outstanding view of Washington, D.C. and other attractions, and then stop at the visitor centre located at the bottom to learn more about the attraction.
- Enjoy free concerts and live theatrical performances at the Sylvan Theatre near the base of the Washington Monument.
- Visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, another commemorative monument to a president, located near the monument, in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. is a busy city and visitors will find it much easier to see the city by either walking or taking the metro. The Smithsonian and L’Enfant Plaza are two metro stations near the Washington Monument. You can also easily find a taxi to get you to your destination. If you choose to drive, you can hire a car, but be prepared to spend time in slow traffic, especially during busy morning and evening commutes to work. The most enjoyable way to see the Washington Monument and other nearby attractions is by foot.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
302 hotels near Washington Monument
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers looking to visit local attractions in the United States capital find stylish base at Marriott Washington DC. This Washington DC hotel offer guests close... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
The Hyatt Place is a 14-story building with 3 levels of parking and 11 guest room floors. There are 164 guestrooms that overlook downtown Washington D.C. The hotel is with in half of a mile from... More
Hotel Lombardy Washington DC offers lavish accommodations just steps from DC's most popular attractions including the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the Lincoln and World War II... More
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, this shining jewel is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Washington. GeneralThe property comprises 16 state-of-the-art... More
Seamlessly combining 1920's glamour with modern comfort and convenience, Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton - Washington DC makes for an ideal base for business and leisure travellers while in the... More
Offering warm and inviting environment, the Marriott at Metro Center is the best choice for business travel, weekend getaways or family vacations in the DC area. GeneralThe hotel's elegant and... More