Washington Monument hotels
The Washington Monument has become an iconic symbol for the United States. Located in Washington, D.C., it was built in honour of the first president, George Washington. This monument is on the National Mall with other attractions and stands at 169 metres. It is a stone obelisk that was designed by Robert Mills with building begun in 1848 but not completed until 1884. It sits east of the Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool. Today it is one of the most popular attractions for visitors to the Washington D.C. area.
- Take a ride up the elevator to the top where you can see an outstanding view of Washington, D.C. and other attractions, and then stop at the visitor centre located at the bottom to learn more about the attraction.
- Enjoy free concerts and live theatrical performances at the Sylvan Theatre near the base of the Washington Monument.
- Visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, another commemorative monument to a president, located near the monument, in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. is a busy city and visitors will find it much easier to see the city by either walking or taking the metro. The Smithsonian and L’Enfant Plaza are two metro stations near the Washington Monument. You can also easily find a taxi to get you to your destination. If you choose to drive, you can hire a car, but be prepared to spend time in slow traffic, especially during busy morning and evening commutes to work. The most enjoyable way to see the Washington Monument and other nearby attractions is by foot.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
301 hotels near Washington Monument
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Seamlessly combining 1920's glamour with modern comfort and convenience, Crowne Plaza Hotel The Hamilton - Washington DC makes for an ideal base for business and leisure travellers while in the... More
The superb location, friendly service and extra amenities make the Holiday Inn Capitol Washington the best hotel choice for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralRegardless of the size or... More
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, this shining jewel is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Washington. GeneralThe property comprises 16 state-of-the-art... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
Club Quarters Washington offers business travellers affordable accommodations near the best attractions in the nation's capital. The hotel is less than three kilometres from the National Mall and... More
Featuring classic elegance, luxurious accommodation and an unsurpassed service, W Washington D.C. makes guests enjoy all the privileges for an unforgettable stay. GeneralW Washington D.C. features... More
Bringing together the modern concepts of customer service and hospitality, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown welcomes you to its an artful sanctuary within the bustling activity of the... More