Washington Monument hotels
The Washington Monument has become an iconic symbol for the United States. Located in Washington, D.C., it was built in honour of the first president, George Washington. This monument is on the National Mall with other attractions and stands at 169 metres. It is a stone obelisk that was designed by Robert Mills with building begun in 1848 but not completed until 1884. It sits east of the Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool. Today it is one of the most popular attractions for visitors to the Washington D.C. area.
- Take a ride up the elevator to the top where you can see an outstanding view of Washington, D.C. and other attractions, and then stop at the visitor centre located at the bottom to learn more about the attraction.
- Enjoy free concerts and live theatrical performances at the Sylvan Theatre near the base of the Washington Monument.
- Visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, another commemorative monument to a president, located near the monument, in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. is a busy city and visitors will find it much easier to see the city by either walking or taking the metro. The Smithsonian and L’Enfant Plaza are two metro stations near the Washington Monument. You can also easily find a taxi to get you to your destination. If you choose to drive, you can hire a car, but be prepared to spend time in slow traffic, especially during busy morning and evening commutes to work. The most enjoyable way to see the Washington Monument and other nearby attractions is by foot.
- Las Vegas hotels (171 hotels)
- New York hotels (316 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
303 hotels near Washington Monument
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
Featuring comfortable units and innovative facilities, Courtyard Washington DC Foggy Bottom Hotel makes for a convenient base while visiting the US capital. This value-for-money hotel in Foggy... More
Offering warm and inviting environment, the Marriott at Metro Center is the best choice for business travel, weekend getaways or family vacations in the DC area. GeneralThe hotel's elegant and... More
Featuring classic elegance, luxurious accommodation and an unsurpassed service, W Washington D.C. makes guests enjoy all the privileges for an unforgettable stay. GeneralW Washington D.C. features... More
Hotel Lombardy Washington DC offers lavish accommodations just steps from DC's most popular attractions including the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the Lincoln and World War II... More
The State Plaza Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in one of DC's best locations. Guests can walk to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Lincoln and World War II Memorials and the... More
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers looking to visit local attractions in the United States capital find stylish base at Marriott Washington DC. This Washington DC hotel offer guests close... More
Bringing together the modern concepts of customer service and hospitality, Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown welcomes you to its an artful sanctuary within the bustling activity of the... More