Newseum is a fascinating interactive museum dedicated to news and journalism from all over the world. Newseum features 15 theatres and 14 galleries, covering a wide range of themes and topics, both historical and current. Every day current newspaper front pages from around the globe are put on display outside of the building, making it an ever-changing experience. A trip to the Newseum is a fun way to get a behind-the-scenes look at journalism and reporting for anyone visiting Washington DC.
- Have a fabulous lunch at The Source, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant located in the Newseum, featuring a wide range of food to suit any taste.
- Become the reporter at the NBC News Interactive Newsroom, where visitors get to play the roles of editors, anchors, and photojournalists, whilst using tools that simulate an actual broadcast without ever leaving Washington DC.
- Gaze upon award-winning photos, many of them instantly recognisable, in the Pulitzer Prize Photographs Gallery, where many exhibits include interviews with the photographers that took them.
The Newseum is right on Pennsylvania Avenue, a main hub of interest in Washington DC. There is plenty of public transportation in Washington DC, and most visitors find that utilising the metros, taxis, and buses is much more convenient than the hassle of hiring a car. Travellers taking the green or yellow lines to the Newseum should exit at the Archives Navy Memorial Penn Quarter station. Those coming in on the red line need to exit at the 4th Street station and walk a block, unless it is the weekend, when the 4th street exit is closed, then they will need to get off at the F Street exit.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
299 hotels near Newseum
The Washington Court Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests of the hotel are just a ten minute walk from the National Mall, the Washington Monument and the... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
The superb location, friendly service and extra amenities make the Holiday Inn Capitol Washington the best hotel choice for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralRegardless of the size or... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
900 10th Street NW Map
Embassy Suites Washington D.C. - Convention Center is the ideal spot for travellers looking for a modern and charming place with an intimate and elegant ambiance and who wish to be surrounded by a... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
If you are planning for a business or a pleasure trip to Washington, The George, a Kimpton Hotel, with all its fabulous facilities, intends to make your vacation a memorable one for you. ... More
Featuring comfortable accommodations within convenient distance from corporate hubs and local attractions, Morrison Clark Inn creates an ideal base for holidaymakers and business travellers in... More
Tudor-style architecture with antique furnishings and modern comforts, Henley Park Hotel Washington DC is a stylish refuge in the heart of the United States capital. Holidaymakers at this... More