Newseum is a fascinating interactive museum dedicated to news and journalism from all over the world. Newseum features 15 theatres and 14 galleries, covering a wide range of themes and topics, both historical and current. Every day current newspaper front pages from around the globe are put on display outside of the building, making it an ever-changing experience. A trip to the Newseum is a fun way to get a behind-the-scenes look at journalism and reporting for anyone visiting Washington DC.
- Have a fabulous lunch at The Source, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant located in the Newseum, featuring a wide range of food to suit any taste.
- Become the reporter at the NBC News Interactive Newsroom, where visitors get to play the roles of editors, anchors, and photojournalists, whilst using tools that simulate an actual broadcast without ever leaving Washington DC.
- Gaze upon award-winning photos, many of them instantly recognisable, in the Pulitzer Prize Photographs Gallery, where many exhibits include interviews with the photographers that took them.
The Newseum is right on Pennsylvania Avenue, a main hub of interest in Washington DC. There is plenty of public transportation in Washington DC, and most visitors find that utilising the metros, taxis, and buses is much more convenient than the hassle of hiring a car. Travellers taking the green or yellow lines to the Newseum should exit at the Archives Navy Memorial Penn Quarter station. Those coming in on the red line need to exit at the 4th Street station and walk a block, unless it is the weekend, when the 4th street exit is closed, then they will need to get off at the F Street exit.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
299 hotels near Newseum
The Washington Court Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests of the hotel are just a ten minute walk from the National Mall, the Washington Monument and the... More
900 10th Street NW Map
Embassy Suites Washington D.C. - Convention Center is the ideal spot for travellers looking for a modern and charming place with an intimate and elegant ambiance and who wish to be surrounded by a... More
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers looking to visit local attractions in the United States capital find stylish base at Marriott Washington DC. This Washington DC hotel offer guests close... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
900 F Street, NW Map
Courtyard Washington Convention Centercenter serves as a haven of relaxation, whether you are in town to discover the sights or conduct business. General For your business requirements you can... More
Located in the heart of a pulsing and revitalized downtown, the Renaissance Hotel Washington DC is ideal for experiencing the energy and allure of America's Capital city. GeneralThe elegant and... More
Opening May 1, 2014. Our hotel is starting to take individual leisure travel reservations for visits starting June 1, 2014. The 1,175-room, 49-suite Marriott Marquis Washington, DC is designed to... More