National Postal Museum hotels
National Postal Museum
Opened in 1993 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Postal Service, the National Postal Museum has collections and exhibits highlighting the history of mail delivery service in the United States. Located near Union Station in Washington DC, this unique museum features interactive computer demonstrations and permanent exhibits, which explore the different methods used to deliver mail throughout the country. Museum visitors also have access to a library with over 40,000 books and archives, detailing the history of the USPS. Additionally, the National Postal Museum has displays honouring the beloved postal dog, Owney.
- Check out the many exhibits at this Washington, DC museum, like “Fire & Ice: Hindenburg and Titanic” which explores the roles that the legendary Hindenburg and Titanic ships played in the United States mail delivery system.
- Make sure to check out Amelia Earhart’s Personal Collection at the National Postal Museum; this popular exhibit is home to the rare stamp and photograph collections of Amelia Earhart.
- Complete your trip to this Washington, DC attraction by purchasing a souvenir from the museum’s gift shop.
The National Postal Museum is open every day of the year (except Christmas) from 10 am to 5:30 pm. The museum is located at 2 Massachusetts Ave. NE in Washington, DC. Visitors flying into the area can use the Dulles International Airport or the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Incoming passengers will have several options for transportation from the airport, including taxis and rental cars. The nearest train and bus stop to the National Postal Museum is Washington Union Station, which services several local train and bus lines, as well as Amtrak trains.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
- Boston hotels (74 hotels)
304 hotels near National Postal Museum
The Washington Court Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests of the hotel are just a ten minute walk from the National Mall, the Washington Monument and the... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
Offering convenient facilities and comforts, the Kellogg Conference Hotel At Gallaudet University is an ideal place for business travellers and holidaymakers. GeneralThe Kellogg Conference Hotel... More
If you are planning for a business or a pleasure trip to Washington, The George, a Kimpton Hotel, with all its fabulous facilities, intends to make your vacation a memorable one for you. ... More
The Liaison Capitol Hill an Affinia Hotel offers cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers sophisticated accommodations in the distinguished neighbourhood of Capitol Hill. The boutique property... More
Hyatt Regency Washington DC invites vacationers to inviting and modern accommodations in the capital of the United States of America. This upscale hotel in downtown Washington DC is within five... More
The 14-story hotel is located in the northern portion of the NoMa district of Washington DC, the fastest developing neighborhood in DC with a vibrant mixedused development that sits just north of,... More
Located in the heart of a pulsing and revitalized downtown, the Renaissance Hotel Washington DC is ideal for experiencing the energy and allure of America's Capital city. GeneralThe elegant and... More