National Postal Museum hotels
National Postal Museum
Opened in 1993 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Postal Service, the National Postal Museum has collections and exhibits highlighting the history of mail delivery service in the United States. Located near Union Station in Washington DC, this unique museum features interactive computer demonstrations and permanent exhibits, which explore the different methods used to deliver mail throughout the country. Museum visitors also have access to a library with over 40,000 books and archives, detailing the history of the USPS. Additionally, the National Postal Museum has displays honouring the beloved postal dog, Owney.
- Check out the many exhibits at this Washington, DC museum, like “Fire & Ice: Hindenburg and Titanic” which explores the roles that the legendary Hindenburg and Titanic ships played in the United States mail delivery system.
- Make sure to check out Amelia Earhart’s Personal Collection at the National Postal Museum; this popular exhibit is home to the rare stamp and photograph collections of Amelia Earhart.
- Complete your trip to this Washington, DC attraction by purchasing a souvenir from the museum’s gift shop.
The National Postal Museum is open every day of the year (except Christmas) from 10 am to 5:30 pm. The museum is located at 2 Massachusetts Ave. NE in Washington, DC. Visitors flying into the area can use the Dulles International Airport or the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Incoming passengers will have several options for transportation from the airport, including taxis and rental cars. The nearest train and bus stop to the National Postal Museum is Washington Union Station, which services several local train and bus lines, as well as Amtrak trains.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
303 hotels near National Postal Museum
The Washington Court Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests of the hotel are just a ten minute walk from the National Mall, the Washington Monument and the... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Hyatt Regency Washington DC invites vacationers to inviting and modern accommodations in the capital of the United States of America. This upscale hotel in downtown Washington DC is within five... More
Offering convenient facilities and comforts, the Kellogg Conference Hotel At Gallaudet University is an ideal place for business travellers and holidaymakers. GeneralThe Kellogg Conference Hotel... More
The Liaison Capitol Hill an Affinia Hotel offers cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers sophisticated accommodations in the distinguished neighbourhood of Capitol Hill. The boutique property... More
The Hampton Inn Washington-Downtown-Convention Center offers affordable accommodations just steps from DC's best locations. Business travellers will enjoy easy access to several corporations... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
If you are planning for a business or a pleasure trip to Washington, The George, a Kimpton Hotel, with all its fabulous facilities, intends to make your vacation a memorable one for you. ... More
Attracting tourists, business executives, diplomats and lobbyists, the Phoenix Park Hotel boasts lovely and luxurious accommodation synchronised with exquisite facilities to give all its visitors a... More