Lincoln Memorial hotels
The Lincoln Memorial is not only an enduring image of Washington D.C., but also a symbol of the entire United States. Situated at the West end of the National Mall in downtown Washington D.C., this neoclassical monument was built to memorialize The Great Emancipator Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States whose leadership helped the Union Army win the Civil War, effectively ending slavery in the United States. The Lincoln Memorial’s austere design is modelled after a Greek Doric temple, whilst its nearly six-metre-tall statue of Lincoln is engraved with his most famous words.
- Stroll through the National Mall of Washington D.C. to stand on the ground where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech in 1963.
- Walk beneath the imposing Washington Monument, found within just a short walking distance from the Lincoln Memorial, memorializing George Washington, the first president of the United States.
- Visit the South chamber of the Lincoln Memorial to see Lincoln’s famous Gettysburg Address engraved into the wall. This quiet white room is one of the most revered spots in Washington D.C.
The Lincoln Memorial is situated at the convergence of several major Washington D.C. roads and bookends of the Western part of the national mall National Mall. Because The Metro train and bus both have stops near the Lincoln Memorial, the site can easily be reached by public transit. America’s capital is extremely friendly to bicyclists and there are several major bike trails that snake their way through Washington D.C. and its biggest attractions. Visitors arriving at the Ronald Regan Airport can use a Metro link that goes directly to the National Mall.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
302 hotels near Lincoln Memorial
The Avenue Suites, located on iconic Pennsylvania Avenue, is the perfect mix of 5 star service and the comfortable feelings of being at home. Newly renovated, the Avenue Suites features oversized... More
Club Quarters Washington offers business travellers affordable accommodations near the best attractions in the nation's capital. The hotel is less than three kilometres from the National Mall and... More
Whether you''''re in town to sightsee or to do business, count on the Hampton Inn Washington, D.C. hotel to offer a comfortable base in the heart of the action. Centrally located off H Street, our... More
With simply furnished spaces set close to local attractions, Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom makes for a suitable base for travellers wanting to explore this side of United States.... More
In the heart of one of the DC''''s most notable neighborhoods is its newest luxury, upscale hotel, The Melrose Hotel, Washington, D.C. Just one block from Georgetown and the Foggy Bottom Metro... More
Outstanding architecture and enthusiastic staff teamed with a wonderful setting make The River Inn Washington DC a name amongst the elite. This luxurious property guarantees you an unforgettable... More
Featuring comfortable units and innovative facilities, Courtyard Washington DC Foggy Bottom Hotel makes for a convenient base while visiting the US capital. This value-for-money hotel in Foggy... More
Hotel Lombardy Washington DC offers lavish accommodations just steps from DC's most popular attractions including the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the Lincoln and World War II... More
The State Plaza Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in one of DC's best locations. Guests can walk to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Lincoln and World War II Memorials and the... More