Library of Congress hotels
Library of Congress
The Library of Congress in Washington DC is not only America’s official National Library but is also one of the country’s oldest cultural institutions. Founded in 1800, this world-renowned National Library was located in the U.S. Capitol Building for most of the 19th century. After the Civil War the Library entered a period of expansion and now extends to three separate buildings in Washington DC, making it the world’s largest National Library. Of the more than 32 million books on file at the Library include highlights such as an original copy of the U.S. Constitution and a perfect vellum copy of the Gutenberg Bible.
- Visit Washington DC in September for the National Book Festival, when dozens of famous authors descend on the Library of Congress for fascinating discussions and lectures, as well as book signings.
- Explore the Prints and Photographs collection at the Library of Congress to find amazing work depicting the history of America through periodicals and old advertisements.
- Explore the library’s maps and see original street plans for Washington DC along with a slew of other important antique documents.
The Library of Congress constitutes three buildings located on Capital Hill in Washington DC. The city is famously easy to navigate and provides locals and holidaymakers alike with efficient, reliable public transportation, The Capitol South and Union Station Metro stop are located within close walking distance to this world-class destination. Visitors are advised to take public transportation to the library as the area lacks on-site parking.
Combining the modern conveniences and technologies, this property offers you all the comfort you expect and is an ideal place for both leisure and business travellers. GeneralThe Capitol Hill... More
2Pats in DCA
Attracting tourists, business executives, diplomats and lobbyists, the Phoenix Park Hotel boasts lovely and luxurious accommodation synchronised with exquisite facilities to give all its visitors a... More
400 New Jersey Ave Northwest Map
Daily Breakfast for 2, 2pm late check-out
Hyatt Regency Washington DC invites vacationers to inviting and modern accommodations in the capital of the United States of America. This upscale hotel in downtown Washington DC is within five... More
layover, convenient for Amtrak travellers
If you are planning for a business or a pleasure trip to Washington, The George, a Kimpton Hotel, with all its fabulous facilities, intends to make your vacation a memorable one for you. ... More
The Liaison Capitol Hill an Affinia Hotel offers cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers sophisticated accommodations in the distinguished neighbourhood of Capitol Hill. The boutique property... More
The Washington Court Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests of the hotel are just a ten minute walk from the National Mall, the Washington Monument and the... More
The superb location, friendly service and extra amenities make the Holiday Inn Capitol Washington the best hotel choice for business and leisure travellers alike. GeneralRegardless of the size or... More
The Capitol Skyline Hotel Washington DC offers comfortable accommodations in the shadow of the nation's Capitol Building. Guests are within walking distance of popular DC attractions like the... More
Decent hotel for good price
The brand new 13-story, 214-room hotel is located in the South West area of Washington DC. Hyatt Place Washington DC/National Mall is situated in the fastest developing neighborhood in DC with a... More
Refine your search
- United States Supreme Court hotels
- United States Capitol hotels
- United States Botanic Garden hotels
- Peace Monument hotels
- Columbus Memorial Fountain hotels
- National Museum of the American Indian hotels
- Union Station hotels
- National Postal Museum hotels
- National Air and Space Museum hotels
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum hotels
- Capital Children's Museum hotels
- National Gallery of Art hotels