Lafayette Square hotels
Once used for everything from a racetrack to a slave market, Lafayette Square is now a beautiful focal point directly north of the White House. Originally built as a part of the White House complex, it was separated by the construction of Pennsylvania Avenue. Lafayette Park is also part of Lafayette Square, which has been a National Historic Landmark District since 1970. This is the heart of Washington D.C. and is a great place to relax from a busy day of sightseeing on holiday.
- Stay in one of the many rooms that overlook the Square at the nearby Hay-Adams Hotel, a luxury Historic Hotel of America in Washington D.C. that was designed by Mirhan Mesrobian.
- Walk around Lafayette Park and enjoy its many statues, including those of such luminaries as President Andrew Jackson and General Lafayette, and see the Victorian-style American Peace Society House.
- Visit the White House Historical Society to learn the history of Washington D.C., the White House, and Lafayette Square.
Lafayette Square is best experienced on foot and is close to other Washington D.C. landmarks. This public park is located on H Street, and if taking the Metro, the closest stop is McPherson Square. Driving is always an option, but traffic can be very heavy and street parking is not easy to secure. Most visitors fly into either Reagan International or Dulles International Airport, and kiosks for rental cars are available at either location. Taxis are also available to transport visitors from the airport to Lafayette Square and other destinations. OnBoard Tours offers sightseeing packages that include Lafayette Square stops.
- Las Vegas hotels (172 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (155 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (137 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
- Boston hotels (73 hotels)
305 hotels near Lafayette Square
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Whether in the city for business or leisure, travellers find ideal base at Fairmont Washington DC Georgetown with luxurious accommodations set in the historic Georgetown. From this sophisticated... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More
Sophisticated and luxurious, Loews Madison Hotel makes for an ideal base for corporate and leisure travellers while in the US capital. This Washington DC hotel boasts of elegant European... More
Featuring luxurious Art Deco-inspired accommodations situated just a block away from Lafayette Square, Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC makes for an ideal base for discerning travellers in... More
900 F Street, NW Map
Courtyard Washington Convention Centercenter serves as a haven of relaxation, whether you are in town to discover the sights or conduct business. General For your business requirements you can... More
The Donovan, a Kimpton Hotel features modern accommodations in a great DC location. Guests have easy access to the Verizon Center, the Shops at National Place and the National Museum of Natural... More
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers looking to visit local attractions in the United States capital find stylish base at Marriott Washington DC. This Washington DC hotel offer guests close... More
Embassy Row Hotel is a chic business and leisure base offering tastefully decorated accommodations and proximity to area attractions in the heart of Embassy Row, Washington DC. Corporate travellers... More