Lafayette Square hotels
Once used for everything from a racetrack to a slave market, Lafayette Square is now a beautiful focal point directly north of the White House. Originally built as a part of the White House complex, it was separated by the construction of Pennsylvania Avenue. Lafayette Park is also part of Lafayette Square, which has been a National Historic Landmark District since 1970. This is the heart of Washington D.C. and is a great place to relax from a busy day of sightseeing on holiday.
- Stay in one of the many rooms that overlook the Square at the nearby Hay-Adams Hotel, a luxury Historic Hotel of America in Washington D.C. that was designed by Mirhan Mesrobian.
- Walk around Lafayette Park and enjoy its many statues, including those of such luminaries as President Andrew Jackson and General Lafayette, and see the Victorian-style American Peace Society House.
- Visit the White House Historical Society to learn the history of Washington D.C., the White House, and Lafayette Square.
Lafayette Square is best experienced on foot and is close to other Washington D.C. landmarks. This public park is located on H Street, and if taking the Metro, the closest stop is McPherson Square. Driving is always an option, but traffic can be very heavy and street parking is not easy to secure. Most visitors fly into either Reagan International or Dulles International Airport, and kiosks for rental cars are available at either location. Taxis are also available to transport visitors from the airport to Lafayette Square and other destinations. OnBoard Tours offers sightseeing packages that include Lafayette Square stops.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (322 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (200 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
- Boston hotels (75 hotels)
302 hotels near Lafayette Square
Business and leisure travellers looking for deluxe units and warm atmosphere in the US capital book a stay at St. Gregory Luxury Hotel and Suites. Centrally located, this Washington DC property... More
A boutique hotel near Embassy Row, Dupont Circle and White House, Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters creates a stylish retreat for discerning vacationers and corporate travellers in the US... More
One Washington Circle Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of the nation's capital. Guests are less than a kilometre from The World Bank and the IMF building. Popular DC... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Washington Plaza Hotel is a sleek, downtown-area haven providing contemporary comforts to business and leisure travellers heading to Washington, DC. Apart from viewing the informative Holocaust... More
The Dupont Circle Hotel Washington DC offers luxury accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests are just three and a half kilometres from the National Mall. Historic landmarks like the... More
Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of the nation's capital. The hotel is just a short distance from the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial... More
Sophisticated and luxurious, Loews Madison Hotel makes for an ideal base for corporate and leisure travellers while in the US capital. This Washington DC hotel boasts of elegant European... More
Whether in the city for business or leisure, travellers find ideal base at Fairmont Washington DC Georgetown with luxurious accommodations set in the historic Georgetown. From this sophisticated... More