Lafayette Square hotels
Once used for everything from a racetrack to a slave market, Lafayette Square is now a beautiful focal point directly north of the White House. Originally built as a part of the White House complex, it was separated by the construction of Pennsylvania Avenue. Lafayette Park is also part of Lafayette Square, which has been a National Historic Landmark District since 1970. This is the heart of Washington D.C. and is a great place to relax from a busy day of sightseeing on holiday.
- Stay in one of the many rooms that overlook the Square at the nearby Hay-Adams Hotel, a luxury Historic Hotel of America in Washington D.C. that was designed by Mirhan Mesrobian.
- Walk around Lafayette Park and enjoy its many statues, including those of such luminaries as President Andrew Jackson and General Lafayette, and see the Victorian-style American Peace Society House.
- Visit the White House Historical Society to learn the history of Washington D.C., the White House, and Lafayette Square.
Lafayette Square is best experienced on foot and is close to other Washington D.C. landmarks. This public park is located on H Street, and if taking the Metro, the closest stop is McPherson Square. Driving is always an option, but traffic can be very heavy and street parking is not easy to secure. Most visitors fly into either Reagan International or Dulles International Airport, and kiosks for rental cars are available at either location. Taxis are also available to transport visitors from the airport to Lafayette Square and other destinations. OnBoard Tours offers sightseeing packages that include Lafayette Square stops.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (191 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
302 hotels near Lafayette Square
Cosmopolitan business and leisure travellers looking to visit local attractions in the United States capital find stylish base at Marriott Washington DC. This Washington DC hotel offer guests close... More
Surrounded by various attractions of Washington, the Madera Hotel has remarkable facilities and provides excellent accommodation to everyone visiting the city. GeneralThe hotel's well-appointed... More
900 10th Street NW Map
Embassy Suites Washington D.C. - Convention Center is the ideal spot for travellers looking for a modern and charming place with an intimate and elegant ambiance and who wish to be surrounded by a... More
One Washington Circle Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of the nation's capital. Guests are less than a kilometre from The World Bank and the IMF building. Popular DC... More
Be it for business or leisure, travellers find stylish retreat at Grand Hyatt Washington set centrally in this vibrant United States capital. A visit to Washington DC is not complete without a stop... More
Carlyle Suites Hotel welcomes business and leisure travellers to contemporary accommodations in the heart of Washington, D.C. This boutique hotel places visitors within two miles from significant... More
Embassy Row Hotel is a chic business and leisure base offering tastefully decorated accommodations and proximity to area attractions in the heart of Embassy Row, Washington DC. Corporate travellers... More
The Dupont Circle Hotel Washington DC offers luxury accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests are just three and a half kilometres from the National Mall. Historic landmarks like the... More
Surrounded by the goings-on of the nation's capital outside and a vibrant setting inside, Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel, caters to the savviest of travellers accustomed to world class... More