Department of Treasury hotels
Department of Treasury
The oldest building in Washington, DC is the Department of Treasury, which was constructed over a span of 33 years from 1836 to 1869. This national, historic landmark is a majestic site to behold. Architects Isaiah Rogers, Robert Mills, Ammi B. Young, and Alexander H. Bowman were all instrumental in the design of each wing of this monumental building. Sculptor James Earle Fraser developed the Alexander Hamilton statue, located in front of the southern façade. The Department of Treasury building is a must-see for anyone visiting the DC metropolitan area.
- Don’t pass up the once-in-a lifetime opportunity to take a public tour of the White House; the White House is the headquarters of the President of the United States (tours are available Tuesday through Thursdays).
- Make reservations to take a tour of Washington, DC’s Pentagon building; tours of this monumental building are free of charge Monday through Thursday, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Head over to the Washington, DC restaurant known as Central Michel Richard; this French eatery is located near the Department of Treasury building.
You can arrive in the Washington, DC area by making flight arrangements through the Washington-Dulles International Airport. There are several options available for transportation from the airport to the vicinity of the Department of Treasury building. You can take a taxi or airport shuttle to your desired destination. Moreover, the Washington-Dulles International Airport has a number of rental car agencies you could look into. Once you reach Pennsylvania Avenue, where the Department of Treasury facility is situated, you will be able to navigate the area by foot or bus. The MetroRail system provides efficient transportation service to surrounding attractions.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
303 hotels near Department of Treasury
Offering a favourable location and relaxing atmosphere, this attractive property is the right choice of accommodation, while visiting Washington. GeneralThe hotel offers well-equipped conference... More
Embassy Row Hotel is a chic business and leisure base offering tastefully decorated accommodations and proximity to area attractions in the heart of Embassy Row, Washington DC. Corporate travellers... More
Business and leisure travellers looking for deluxe units and warm atmosphere in the US capital book a stay at St. Gregory Luxury Hotel and Suites. Centrally located, this Washington DC property... More
Palomar Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel offers comfortable accommodations in the heart of the nation's capital. The hotel is just a short distance from the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial... More
The Dupont Circle Hotel Washington DC offers luxury accommodations in the heart of Washington DC. Guests are just three and a half kilometres from the National Mall. Historic landmarks like the... More
Washington Plaza Hotel is a sleek, downtown-area haven providing contemporary comforts to business and leisure travellers heading to Washington, DC. Apart from viewing the informative Holocaust... More
Featuring a soothing balance of tranquil ambience and invigorating design, Topaz, a Kimpton Hotel offers a distinctly unique lodging experience in the heart of the Nation's Capital. GeneralThe... More
A boutique hotel near Embassy Row, Dupont Circle and White House, Beacon Hotel and Corporate Quarters creates a stylish retreat for discerning vacationers and corporate travellers in the US... More
Offering stylish and contemporary accommodation, The Westin Georgetown Hotel, Washington DC is the perfect base for both business as well as leisure travellers. General The Westin Georgetown... More