Lands End hotels
Community volunteers have worked to restore the native environment along the trails at Lands End in the north-western corner of San Francisco. A hike or leisurely walk along the trail takes you past access to the ruins of the Sutro Baths, cypress and wildflowers, hidden beaches and ends at the magnificent Lookout Visitor Centre. Most of the trails are along the cliffs with sweeping vistas of the Pacific Ocean and the Golden Gate, and many of them follow the old Cliff House Railway. Prepare to spend an entire day and not discover every secret, history, or view this park offers.
- Explore the USS San Francisco memorial; this cruiser took 45 hits and had 25 fires in 1942 during the Battle of Guadalcanal and sits in Lands End Park adjacent to a new Golden Gate overlook.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the grass at north end of Lands End and San Francisco at the West Fort Miley batteries where you can see the three turn-of -the-century gun emplacements.
- End your day of wandering the Lands End trails at the Cliff House to see the Camera Obscura and have a leisurely dinner at its restaurant.
Lands End is located north of Golden Gate Park, and north of the city. Flying into the San Francisco airport, you can get around the city and to the park by car, bicycle or take a third-party tour and arrive by bus. Once there, however, the hiking trails are relatively easy to navigate despite their cliff-side location, and several are now wheelchair accessible. The dogs will love running with you in the dog-friendly areas, and there are bicycle racks at the main parking area by the Visitor centre, although there are only two short bicycle trails within the park.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
268 hotels near Lands End
The Argonaut Hotel San Francisco is an exciting boutique hotel located in a historical building that also houses The Cannery, a collection of shops and dining in a unique vintage setting. This... More
A multi-million dollar renovation transformed the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco into a sophisticated luxury hotel, complete with heated pool, fitness centre, concierge and... More
Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square is a luxurious residential-style haven in Ghirardelli Square that offers all-suite accommodations overlooking San Francisco Bay. Corporate travellers can... More
Located in the heart of San Francisco's famous Fisherman's Wharf, Marriott Hotel is an ideal place to reside and explore the city and its attractions. GeneralThere are seven flexible meeting... More
550 North Point Street Map
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf San Francisco welcomes travellers to cosy accommodations situated in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. This San Francisco hotel places tourists near attractions... More
Offering deluxe accommodations in a prime location, the boutique-style Hyatt At Fishermans Wharf San Francisco makes for a convenient base to discerning travellers in this part of California. Aside... More
Enjoy classic accommodations in a charming setting at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco. This modern hotel boasts a prime spot in the Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco, an exciting... More
Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn At Fisherman's Wharf welcomes travellers to elegant and modern accommodations set close to the centre of San Francisco. Patrons of this Tuscan hotel are within... More
Whether you are travelling for business or pleasure, the Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf pampers you through a wide range of services that are flexible to cater all your needs and to make your... More