Japan Center hotels
The Japanese people have played a large role in the culture of San Francisco, California and the Japan Center at the heart of Japantown is a testament to this influence. The district is the result of a post-war community redevelopment program located in the Japantown neighbourhood of the city that sell Japanese products or are based on Japanese culture. The shopping centre was designed by American architect, Minoru Yamasaki in the 1960’s in what is described as brutalist style. The Japan Center is now home to Japanese-themed stores, theatres, restaurants and the annual Cherry Blossom festival.
- Gain focus with some meditation at the Peace Pagoda, a Buddhist stupa found at the site of the Japan Center that welcomes all types of people from around San Francisco in their quest for inner peace.
- Shop at the Kinokuniya Mall while in San Francisco and you can peruse the massive book selection at the famous Japanese bookstore chain found within.
- Catch a screening of an Asian-American independent film at the Sundance Kabuki Theatre, one of the centrepieces of the Japan Center that also has performances of the San Francisco Opera.
The Japantown neighbourhood is only a few kilometres from San Francisco’s Union Square, so it is easy to reach by public transportation. There are several bus routes that leave from Union Square and pass near the Japan Center, so just take one of them and get off at Laguna, Buchanan, or Webster streets and walk the rest of the way. If arriving by private or hired car take the Civic Centre exit and follow the signs to Japantown. Those with cars should be warned that parking is limited, especially on weekends, so it is best to take public transportation.
- Las Vegas hotels (174 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (161 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (158 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (195 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
273 hotels near Japan Center
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, The Opal San Francisco Hotel makes for an ideal starting point for exploring picturesque and vibrant San Francisco, California. This hotel... More
Whether in San Francisco for a corporate trip or recreational holiday, Hotel Tomo makes for a convenient base for travellers in this part of California. This Japanese-inspired hotel places patrons... More
Cosmopolitan travellers looking to explore this vibrant northern California city find strategic base at the centrally set accommodations of Da Vinci Villa. This affordable San Francisco retreat... More
Situated within three miles from famous landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge and Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, Hotel Adagio San Francisco creates the ideal starting point for business and leisure... More
580 Geary St. Map
Boasting a pleasant ambience and comfortable accommodation, The Hotel California - A Piece of Pineapple Hospitality is an ideal place for business as well as leisure travellers. GeneralFor your... More
With tastefully appointed affordable units and convenient services situated in the vibrant city of San Francisco, Casa Loma Hotel makes for a suitable base for travellers seeking to explore this... More
Cova Hotel San Francisco is a modern boutique hotel offering quality appointments and excellent value. This friendly hotel boasts first-class amenities, outstanding service and contemporary design.... More
Hotel Carlton, a Joie de Vivre Hotel offers tastefully designed accommodations with historic ambience situated in Nob Hill in City by the Bay. While on a San Francisco holiday, visitors can take... More
Offering spacious accommodation and efficient service in a tranquil surrounding, the Queen Anne Hotel is an ideal place for a relaxing stay in San Francisco. GeneralThe hotel offers wonderful... More