Japan Center hotels
The Japanese people have played a large role in the culture of San Francisco, California and the Japan Center at the heart of Japantown is a testament to this influence. The district is the result of a post-war community redevelopment program located in the Japantown neighbourhood of the city that sell Japanese products or are based on Japanese culture. The shopping centre was designed by American architect, Minoru Yamasaki in the 1960’s in what is described as brutalist style. The Japan Center is now home to Japanese-themed stores, theatres, restaurants and the annual Cherry Blossom festival.
- Gain focus with some meditation at the Peace Pagoda, a Buddhist stupa found at the site of the Japan Center that welcomes all types of people from around San Francisco in their quest for inner peace.
- Shop at the Kinokuniya Mall while in San Francisco and you can peruse the massive book selection at the famous Japanese bookstore chain found within.
- Catch a screening of an Asian-American independent film at the Sundance Kabuki Theatre, one of the centrepieces of the Japan Center that also has performances of the San Francisco Opera.
The Japantown neighbourhood is only a few kilometres from San Francisco’s Union Square, so it is easy to reach by public transportation. There are several bus routes that leave from Union Square and pass near the Japan Center, so just take one of them and get off at Laguna, Buchanan, or Webster streets and walk the rest of the way. If arriving by private or hired car take the Civic Centre exit and follow the signs to Japantown. Those with cars should be warned that parking is limited, especially on weekends, so it is best to take public transportation.
- Las Vegas hotels (170 hotels)
- New York hotels (306 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (149 hotels)
- Miami Beach hotels (159 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (110 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (108 hotels)
271 hotels near Japan Center
Enjoy the warmth, hospitality and charm of the Nob Hill Hotel San Francisco, a historic place to stay and experience all it offers to make you feel at home while away from home. GeneralThe... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, The Opal San Francisco Hotel makes for an ideal starting point for exploring picturesque and vibrant San Francisco, California. This hotel... More
Welcoming travellers to cosy accommodations and Japanese-inspired interior, Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel makes for an ideal starting point in discovering San Francisco tourist spots. This... More
Situated within three miles from famous landmarks like the Golden Gate Bridge and Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, Hotel Adagio San Francisco creates the ideal starting point for business and leisure... More
Hip, playful, and full of imagination describes the indulgent Hotel Vertigo, a reincarnation of the old Empire Hotel featured in Alfred Hitchcock's legendary work. Guests of the hotel can prepare... More
Welcoming holidaymakers to cosy accommodations with vibrant interiors, Hotel Del Sol makes for a suitable base for discerning travellers of San Francisco. This California hotel is near Fisherman's... More
Hotel Whitcomb is an elegant boutique hotel adorned with early 20th century architecture and design. The landmark hotel features a romantic interior complete with high ceilings, Austrian crystal... More
Cosmopolitan travellers looking to explore this vibrant northern California city find strategic base at the centrally set accommodations of Da Vinci Villa. This affordable San Francisco retreat... More
Tourists looking for well-furnished spaces located within convenient access to must-see attractions in the bustling San Francisco City find suitable base at The Laurel Inn - A Joie de Vivre Hotel.... More