Hyde Street Pier hotels
Hyde Street Pier
The Hyde Street Pier is a famous, historic pier that is situated near Fisherman’s Wharf on the northern waterfront of San Francisco, California. Before the Golden Gate Bridge was opened in 1937 the Hyde Street Pier was the principal ferry terminal for boats going from the city to Marin County and the East Bay. Now this venerable landing pier is a part of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, where many retired ships are on display. There are also a plethora of restaurants, bars and shopping nearby, making this one of the most popular attractions in the city.
- Take a tour of one of the historic tall ships at the Hyde Street Pier, including the Balclutha, a 19th century sailing ship that was once one of the most impressive vessels in San Francisco.
- Visit the Maritime Museum at the Hyde Street Pier and you can learn about the fascinating history of sea travel from the steamship to the most sophisticated modern boats.
- Do some open-water swimming at Aquatic Park while in San Francisco and you can get some exercise or just enjoy the beautiful views of the “city by the bay”.
The Hyde Street Pier is situated in the Fisherman’s Wharf District of San Francisco, so it is not hard to reach using public transportation. The best way to get there is to leave the car at home, as parking in just about any part of this compact city can be difficult to find. You can take the Hyde Street Cable Car Line that will take you from several stops on the cable car route to the foot of the Hyde Street Pier. There are also several MUNI bus routes that go near the pier.
- Las Vegas hotels (171 hotels)
- New York hotels (315 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (152 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (161 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (192 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (111 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (139 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (109 hotels)
267 hotels near Hyde Street Pier
550 North Point Street Map
Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf San Francisco welcomes travellers to cosy accommodations situated in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. This San Francisco hotel places tourists near attractions... More
A multi-million dollar renovation transformed the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco into a sophisticated luxury hotel, complete with heated pool, fitness centre, concierge and... More
Located in the heart of San Francisco's famous Fisherman's Wharf, Marriott Hotel is an ideal place to reside and explore the city and its attractions. GeneralThere are seven flexible meeting... More
Best Western Plus Tuscan Inn At Fisherman's Wharf welcomes travellers to elegant and modern accommodations set close to the centre of San Francisco. Patrons of this Tuscan hotel are within... More
Enjoy classic accommodations in a charming setting at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco. This modern hotel boasts a prime spot in the Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco, an exciting... More
Comfort Inn by the Bay San Francisco enjoys a convenient location close to world-famous attractions like the Golden Gate Bridge, AT&T Park and the Presido. Views of the Golden Gate and beautiful... More
The Argonaut Hotel San Francisco is an exciting boutique hotel located in a historical building that also houses The Cannery, a collection of shops and dining in a unique vintage setting. This... More
Offering deluxe accommodations in a prime location, the boutique-style Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf makes for a convenient base to discerning travellers in this part of California. Aside from strolling... More
Fairmont Heritage Place Ghirardelli Square is a luxurious residential-style haven in Ghirardelli Square that offers all-suite accommodations overlooking San Francisco Bay. Corporate travellers can... More