Haight Ashbury hotels
Haight-Ashbury, a neighbourhood in San Francisco, CA, is so named because of the convergence of the Haight and Ashbury streets, which were named to commemorate two eminent 19th century personalities, Henry Haight and Munroe Ashbury. Its most conspicuous features are the Victorian and Edwardian architectural styles of its old, multi-coloured houses and buildings, many of which were restored after the devastating 1906 earthquake. In the mid-60s, the neighbourhood became a hippy haven, where drugs, psychedelic/rock music, and bohemian lifestyles were the order of the day. However, despite significant gentrification and development, the Haight-Ashbury district has retained much of its bohemian character.
- Walk into the historic 1904 “Red Victorian Hotel” on a Sunday and participate in the animated weekly “Peaceful World Conversation” held at its Red Vic Peace Café, Haight-Ashbury San Francisco.
- Meet the “Painted Ladies” of “Postcard Row,” vibrant multi-coloured Victorian houses built between 1892 and 1896. The best ones to see are on Steiner Street.
- Take the “Flower Power” walking tour, which gives you glimpses of the 60s psychedelic and rock music scene, and varied aspects of hippie-bohemian culture at the time.
Haight-Ashbury is accessible via San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland Airport. Bay Area Rapid Transit trains (BART) operate from the SFO and Oakland airports to the city every 15 to 20 minutes. MUNI streetcars, trains, buses, and light-rail vehicles also run to most places in the city. Taxis and rental car services are available at the airport and across the city, as are bicycles. However, the best way to access Haight-Ashbury is by the N-Judah MUNI train via Carl, Cole, or Stanyan Stations, all of which are about four blocks from Haight Street. Buses also connect this street from Van Ness MUNI station.
Cities in United States
- Las Vegas hotels (173 hotels)
- New York hotels (321 hotels)
- San Francisco hotels (162 hotels)
- Orange County hotels (1 hotel)
- Miami Beach hotels (156 hotels)
- San Diego hotels (201 hotels)
- Washington DC hotels (109 hotels)
- West Hollywood hotels (13 hotels)
- Chicago hotels (138 hotels)
- Seattle hotels (107 hotels)
275 hotels near Haight Ashbury
With tastefully appointed affordable units and convenient services situated in the vibrant city of San Francisco, Casa Loma Hotel makes for a suitable base for travellers seeking to explore this... More
Offering tasteful accommodations in a central location, The Opal San Francisco Hotel makes for an ideal starting point for exploring picturesque and vibrant San Francisco, California. This hotel... More
Whether in San Francisco for a corporate trip or recreational holiday, Hotel Tomo makes for a convenient base for travellers in this part of California. This Japanese-inspired hotel places patrons... More
Welcoming travellers to cosy accommodations and Japanese-inspired interior, Hotel Kabuki, a Joie de Vivre Hotel makes for an ideal starting point in discovering San Francisco tourist spots. This... More
Tourists looking for well-furnished spaces located within convenient access to must-see attractions in the bustling San Francisco City find suitable base at The Laurel Inn - A Joie de Vivre Hotel.... More
Relax into affordable and quality accommodations at Holiday Inn Golden Gateway San Francisco. This centrally-located hotel is close to the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and the Civic... More
Cova Hotel San Francisco is a modern boutique hotel offering quality appointments and excellent value. This friendly hotel boasts first-class amenities, outstanding service and contemporary design.... More
Friendly service and comfortable accommodations will make you feel right at home when you are in Holiday Inn Civic Center San Francisco. GeneralWith 3,000 square feet of versatile function space... More
Hotel Whitcomb is an elegant boutique hotel adorned with early 20th century architecture and design. The landmark hotel features a romantic interior complete with high ceilings, Austrian crystal... More